The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, sorry Skydragon. Thats what I ment, thank you. Corset or bodice you will call it in english. She has a wonderful skin.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:09 AM

I have kind of a silly question...

I read The Queen wasn't invited due to royal protocol. Can someone tell me exactly what that was? Just curious to know.

I think Princess Michael's dress was a beautiful colour on her but agree with most that it was too low cut for a woman of her age.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Did Ernst August, Prince of Hanover attend the wedding ?
Old 09-13-2009, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank you for the information about Beatrice.
Laura Lopes looked magnificent in that purple dress. Very beautiful.
Bryan Adams and Marie-Chantal what conversations they would have.
Thank you for the pictures, Lady Rose looked very nice as did Lady Gabriella.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Did Ernst August, Prince of Hanover attend the wedding ?
I haven't seen any pictures of him. Is there any reason why you thought he might attend?

I didn't like Sophie's dress is looks horrible, skirt too big, corset too tight. The tiara was pretty but nothing spectacular. For once I am going to have to say Princess Michael outshone the bride, her dress was beautiful and her hair piece suited her.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Daily Mail reported that Ernst August was invited, but maybe that was only a rumour...
Old 09-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Laura's outfit was particularly beautiful today
Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Serene Highness

Here trips the bride: Sophie Winkleman almost takes a tumble as she marries Freddie Windsor | Mail Online

A pic of Eugenie and the Duke and Duchess of Kent.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Skydragon, that is such an Englishwoman's view of lingerie .

A French friend advised me to start wearing what Princess Michael is wearing and men really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I wish older ladies would leave the wonderbra in the drawer!
Old 09-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post

Perhaps it is because English women have been brought up on the saying "mutton dressed up as lamb".
This wedding made me think that you can have too much of a good thing or quite the opposite you can have too little of a good thing, the main thing is to dress to enhance your assets and not bring too much attention to what you
don´t have.
The belle of the wedding, as usual, was Lady Gabriella, she is a sight for sore eyes a really beautiful girl.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post

A French friend advised me to start wearing what Princess Michael is wearing and men really like it.
They look wonderful on any age 18 to 35, older than that and they look mutton dressed as lamb. Even with the Wonderbra, you are not supposed to have balloon globes forming above the dress line.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Gentry

Thank you all for the beautiful wedding pics. I for one think that her wedding dress is very beautiful. She has the body to carry it off well, so why not?? The bride is absolutely stunning and Freddie looks so dashing. I wish them much future happiness!!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 AM

For me, Princess Michael looked absolutely gorgeous. Loved the frock - however, not sure it was an entirely appropriate outfit for a wedding. I mean, who'd look at the bride when Princess Michael's got her jewels on display?
Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
They look wonderful on any age 18 to 35, older than that and they look mutton dressed as lamb. Even with the Wonderbra, you are not supposed to have balloon globes forming above the dress line.
Well said Skydragon. I thought she had way too much cleavage for a church wedding and whilst her jewelery was magnificent it was totally inappropriate. No one is supposed to totally eclipse the Bride!

Ah the bride, the lace bolero was so fussily lacey it was at complete odds with the beautifully elegant swathed bodice. Had it been kept in "style" with the skirt of the wedding dress it may have looked really great. As it is, all it really did was emphasise her small bust which seemed totally inadequate to hold up the weight of all that swathed satin. A wardrobe malfunction in search of an opportunity no less!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Courtier

I think the lace sleeves don't fit very well with the rest of the dress, but I do like it better than most brides we see today.
All those simple, strapless gowns and hair like there was no time to visit the hairdresser. Come on women, it's your wedding day! Make it something special!

I like traditional, classical gowns with sleeves. When you see a bridal couple today, the groom has more clothes on than the bride. Today's brides mostly look like they have a white sheet from their bed wrapped around them and have a cauliflower or a leek for a bridal bouquet. Call me old-fashioned, but brides from the past have more style than what is usually seen these days.
Why must it all be so simple?
Old 09-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the new additions Laura Parker-Bowles doesn't look good,imo.And what did she do to her hair?A ponytail?
Anyway,it's always nice to see Marie-Chantal of Greece,she can bring class anywhere she goes.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for additional photos!
Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece appears to wear Alexander McQueen's houndstooth check pencil dress, which suited her nicely.
I love the bright colour of Lady Rose's dress, which was perfectly tailored.
As for Mrs. Laura Lopes, her style is not my cup of tea and I have yet to see her in a nice outfit.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie's wedding dress is so beautiful and classic.
I hope to see it better and a little larger.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Has anybody seen any photos of the bride's sister, Claudia Winkleman?
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I think the lace sleeves don't fit very well with the rest of the dress, but I do like it better than most brides we see today.
All those simple, strapless gowns and hair like there was no time to visit the hairdresser. Come on women, it's your wedding day! Make it something special!

I like traditional, classical gowns with sleeves. When you see a bridal couple today, the groom has more clothes on than the bride. Today's brides mostly look like they have a white sheet from their bed wrapped around them and have a cauliflower or a leek for a bridal bouquet. Call me old-fashioned, but brides from the past have more style than what is usually seen these days.
Why must it all be so simple?
I totally agree with you. Everything is strapless. And watching a few episodes of TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" (dunno if this airs outside the US), I've see way too many sheer (around the waist), sparkly, corseted bodices.

Granted, I think Sophie's dress was not nearly as bad as that and looks 100x better than others I've seen. My opinion is that lace, being so intricate and delicate needs a dress w/ clean lines and shape and a matte fabric to display it. A bolero jacket in another fabric (perhaps w/ some embroidery to echo those on the skirt) would have been better.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Well, I agree with those who say her dress was not nice. I am thinking horrible, but I will go with just not nice.

Its like she took the aspect of three of her favorite weddings dress to make one dress and it didn' come out well. And I am a bit disappointed, in the run up to the wedding I have never seen Sophie in a outfit that I didn't like.

What's up with the some brides who decided to against their normal style on their wedding day (ie. Lady Frederick Windsor and Princess Aimee of the Netherlands) and it just looks awful.

Princess Michael of Kent looked lovely but I agree with those who think it was a bit much, I don't think it showed a lot but I agree with those who say that it took attention from the bride.

Lady Gabriella, Lady Rose and Lady Helen all looked lovely as did Princess Marie Chantal of Greece.

I agree with Al_bina about Laura Lopes...I have never been impressed with her dress sense and she didn't let me down today. She was probably cold after the wedding/reception but what was up with the white jacket...it did not go with her dress.

I wish we could have seen more of what Princess Eugenie was wearing but I am thinking we are not missing much either.

And no picturess of Princess Alexandra of Kent?! For shame, I am sure she looked stunning. Glad to see the Duke and DUchess of Kent together. I miss seeing the Duchess on a regular basis.