Lord Frederick Windsor and Miss Sophie Winkleman 12th September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know M-C is capable of anything, this is the women who while planning this wedding "convinced" people to give then free stuff, And convinced someone to host the wedding reception. :whistling::whistling:

Oh yes she would!

How do you know that? Do you know her personally? ;)

And she did by not allowing her to wear one of her beautiful tiaras yet she wore some of her most sparkly beautiful jewels!

I have never heard that she didn't allow Sophie to wear one of the tiaras.
Perhaps Sophie herself just didn't like the idea and given to the rather pompous wedding dress it would have been too much, IMO.

How do you know that? Do you know her personally? ;)
Touche!

I have never heard that she didn't allow Sophie to wear one of the tiaras.
Perhaps Sophie herself just didn't like the idea and given to the rather pompous wedding dress it would have been too much, IMO.

Hmm I guess its possible, but I think any woman would want to wear a beautiful diamond and pearl tiara, or a fringe one wouldn't you if given the chance want to use a real one as opposed to a fake one?

Touche!

Hmm I guess its possible, but I think any woman would want to wear a beautiful diamond and pearl tiara, or a fringe one wouldn't you if given the chance want to use a real one as opposed to a fake one?

Well, I know that there's always much gossip in the magazines and we all know "Princess Pushy", pompous, loud, pretentious - the list goes on. I had the opportunity to meet her and I have to say that in my opinion she's far away from being all that. She was terribly nice, down to earth and had a good sense of humor. But that's just me. ;)

You may be right concerning the tiara. But Sophie's general style doesn't strike me as showily (that's why I was quite surprised about that wedding dress) and I've heard somewhere that the little tiara she has worn isn't fake, the pearls are real and it belongs to the family as well.

and I've heard somewhere that the little tiara she has worn isn't fake, the pearls are real and it belongs to the family as well.

Hmm that could be true, maybe made from pearls left by princess Marina or bought new for the occasion, I guess we'll never know

No she does not :ermm:. She is usually in a timeless way very beautiful, this is not a good picture that does her justice, she looks a bit like a dressed up bag lady to me.

The quote is from a couple of years ago. All I can say is how cruel you are to make such a comment. Please post a photo of your granny.

By the way,I didn't see any pic of Sophie's mother at the wedding.Could someone give a link?

I've never seen Sophie's parents either. Would be interesting.

Went through most of this thread and haven't seen any pictures of Sophie in her dress. I have only seen one picture of her in the dress and from what I can tell it is quite beautiful (though I can only see it from the side) and she, as always, looks beautiful and fantastic. The lace on the sleeves reminds me of Kate, Isabella Orsini, and Grace Kelly.

:previous:

There were only three or four official pictures and just this one where one could see the entire dress. The rest were close ups. I would have liked to have seen more pictures from different ankles as well. The dress was designed by Russian designer Anna-Roza Bistroff.

I did'nt like her dress.The fabric look cheap.

I did'nt like her dress.The fabric look cheap.
Very much agree.It reminds me of those times ,back to late 80s-beginning of 90's ,when in Russia(and Ex-URSS generally) came late sexual revolution and many brides wanted to look "sexy" in this new for them way,a little cheap style.Later I see that Sophie's dresses were very appropriate,but here she committed a great mistake,by choosing this tacky wedding outfit,maybe she had too much emotions to decide.

If I remember correctly, Sophie told in a pre-wedding interview that she wasn't much into fashion and that she didn't care much for wedding gowns. The Daily Mail reported that Princess Michael had chosen this dress for her future daughter-in-law. Well, Marie-Christine is friends with this Russian designer, but I have my doubts that she chose the dress all alone. ;)

Last edited:
I think Sophie looked beautiful and from the little I have seen of her dress I think it was very pretty. Another gown with lace on the arms, I really wonder if this only began with Grace; either way it is probably never going to die. I especially loved her hair that day, she has beautiful, long hair and she should definitely show it off. I might be wrong, but it seems she very rarely wears her hair up.

If I remember correctly, Sophie told in a pre-wedding interview that she wasn't much into fashion and that she didn't care much for wedding gowns. The Daily Mail reported that Princess Michael had chosen this dress for her future daughter-in-law. Well, Marie-Christine is friends with this Russian designer, but I have my doubts that she chose the dress all alone. ;)
Yes,that's right,once she even told that she is more interested and specialized in food than in fashion and I think that it wasn't Princess Michael's choice,it was probably a decision taken in a hurry .The tastes differ,but here the thing is not that this dress didn't suit her ,it was just an open model for a different occasion,but it was totally inappropriate and tacky for such an occasion,though this is the least important thing after all.

At Frederick and Sophie's wedding, pale peach and white roses were used in the floral display in the Chapel Royal.

Back
Top Bottom