The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Courtier

Lady Sarah is a painter, not a stay at home mom. She's exhibited some of her work, and some can be seen on the internet. I must admit I'm not a fan of her artwork, but someone once told me that's fairly successful, so it must just not be to my taste.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:52 AM
Serene Highness

I must confess I am a big fan of this generation of British Royal Family. The way I see it Sarah and Daniel, Serena and David and Helen and Tim they all choose to make their Royal Wedding a personal and intimate affair. This generation is not so formal as their parents' generation and not so informal as the next generation. So when I refer to them I say they are "the equilibrated members of British Royal Family" .

And I've always kept this pictures as cherished moments of elegance, nobility and good taste.

And in some details of the cerimony you can see that this, in case of Sarah, fragile-looking Lady made her point about what she wanted for her own wedding.

If you feel that I am boring you in posting this "old" pictures please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Regards.

---*---*-***---***---*---*---

Sarah and Daniel wedding was attended by the British Royal Family, with exception to Dukes of York.

The bride choose not to have Royal Carriage, Red Carpet or Sound of Bells ringing.
The cerimony only took 30 minutes and the newlyweds caught everyone by surprise leaving the church unannounced. Even the driver wasn't at his place which made the couple laugh while waited for the car to show.

The church was chosen by the couple that wanted a romantic and intimate place to get married. Only 200 people could attend to their wedding, and the children were not invited due to the dimensions of the place.

The wedding gown was designed byJasper Conran, the bride's favourite designer, who also designed the bridesmaids dresses.

The bridesmaids were: Lady Frances Armstrong-Jones, Zara Philips and Tara Noble Singh.

The groom was so worried about being pontual that arrived to church 1 hour and half before the beggining of cerimony.

The bride entered the church under the sound of religious himn "Ye Holy Angels Bright".
The cerimony was adapted from the "Book of Common Prayer" of 1928. Still the bride didn't promisse to obey her husband nor to adore him with her body.
The musics played during the cerimony were "Jesus Shall Reign Where'er The Sun" and "Alleluia! Sing to Jesus".
After their marriage promisses the couple exchanged gold simple bands and after the blessing left the church.

Afterwards there was a reception at Clarence House which Diana didn't attend and didn't pose for the wedding official photo.

Their honeymoon was in Bombay.

Diana arriving (she received the biggest ovation from the people gathered)

Sophie Rhys-Jones arriving

Prince Charles

Queen Mother

Princess Anne

Lady Serena Linley arriving

The Queen and Prince Philip (according to protocol they are the last to enter the church before the bride)

The bride

Old 08-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Serene Highness

Couple leaving the church

While family of the bride watched

Diana and Sophie Rhys-Jones

Diana and the Queen and Prince Philip

Lord Linley and wife, Serena

Prince Edward and fiancé, Sophie Rhys-Jones

Lady Helen and Tim Taylor
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Serene Highness

Official Photos

The Bride

The Couple

Family photo

legend

The couple with Roz and James Chatto, mother and brother of Daniel

(These pictures were scanned from Hola and posted through and Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting)
Old 08-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks you for these wonderful pictures so much,mtbcm.Especially of the Wedding Group Photo,i have never seen it before.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Courtier

Would someone be able to point out which is Lady Frances in the group picture?

Thank You
Old 08-03-2005, 08:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

mtbcm I dont think anyone is bored of the big, beautiful and older pictures you post. Lady Sarah is very classy and elegant and truely one of the most beautiful royal brides, thank you so much for all the wonderful wedding photos you post:)
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 AM
Courtier

I like her dress. I would have preferred a different head piece but the veil was nice. Her dress reminds me a lot of mette marits.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Would someone be able to point out which is Lady Frances in the group picture?

Thank You
She is the bridesmaid situated between the heads of Prince Edward and Prince Charles.

Here's a detail from Hola's photo.

Thank you for your messages and support.
Kind Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lady francis arm.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	175957  
Old 08-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It was sweet to put her younger half-sister in so prominently.

I wonder if Zara will do the same for her half-sister.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...54C0A962958260

The couple, both painters, were married in St. Stephen's Walbrook, a small 17th-century church in London built by Sir Christopher Wren.
Reporters were kept at bay, so few details about the ceremony or the reception at Clarence House, the home of the Queen Mother in London, were available.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Every once in a while you see a bride that looks as good as she can look, with the most perfect, elegant dress, not a wrong note anywhere in the wedding, and you say "wow." Sarah was one of those brides. I'm a great admirer. She lives her life well.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Nobility

This was one of my favourite royal weddings as well. Very tasteful and lovely. I love the dresses, especially the bright pink flowers in the hair of the bridesmaids. Princess Anne looks lovely as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
I've always loved Lady Sarah's dress. I would love to copy it or have something similar to hers whenever I get married. Its a very pretty dress & timeless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
The bridesmaids were: Lady Frances Armstrong-Jones, Zara Philips and Tara Noble Singh.
Question....who is Tara Noble Singh? I know who Lady Frances & Zara are but I've never heard of Tara. I'm assuming a friend of the family....former classmate.....relative of some sort to either the bride or the groom.

Thanks for the pics mtbcm....like I said before I LOVE her dress (& even the bridesmaids dresses)....I have the PEOPLE magazine (somewhere) that features Lady Sarah's wedding

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 07-09-2006, 02:19 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you all for beautiful pictures! I love bride's dress and bouquet. Can someone tell me about her tiara?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Courtier

The tiara was a wedding present frpm her father to her mother. Not a lot us known about it, but it can worn as brooches.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Nobility

I agree with all of you...that gown and Lady Sarah were oh so beautiful. Everything was just perfect. :)
Old 07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

this is my all time favorite bridal party. the bride was stunning without being over the top and the brides maids were perfect! i like the "less is more" style. loved loved loved this look! i can't rave about it enough.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

The photographs of Sarah and her bridesmaids all together are stunning. The bridesmaids are exactly that - not little cute, but useless, flower girls and not middle aged women like you get over here (and Mary Donaldson's sisters are a good example of royal bridesmaids too old). The"bride's" "maids" look lovely in their complimentary dresses and with their lovely roses and they are old enough to help Sarah with her train. The best photos of all weddings and I think Mette Marit's designer took inspiration from this dress; though they said that the design was based on Queen Maud's dresses it certainly looks like a copy of Sarah's to me.
Thanks for the photos- I haven't seen as many elsewhere.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:13 AM

ABACA 1 The bride (etc.) entering the church
ABACA 2 - the couple leaving the church
ABACA 3 - Daniel and Lady Sarah Chatto with the bridesmaids outside the church