Lady Rose Windsor and Mr George Gilman: 19 July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessofEurope

Heir Apparent
City
Wiltshire
Country
United Kingdom
Lady Rose will marry George Gilman at the Queen's Chapel near St James Palace in London on July 19th 2008

lady rose is one of the queens family?
the queen or the othere members of the royal family wll be at the wedding?

Lady Rose is the Daughter of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.

The thread will be opened closer to the date of the wedding.

Royal wedding for Lady Rose Windsor

3 hours ago
The royal family will enjoy its second wedding of the year when Lady Rose Windsor - a relative of the Queen - marries fiance George Gilman.
The couple will exchange vows at the historic Queen's Chapel near St James's Palace in central London.
Amongst the guests will be the Earl of Wessex and Lady Sarah Chatto, both god-parents of the bride, and their partners.

Last edited:
The Lady Rose Windsor (Rose Victoria Birgitte Louise Windsor; born 1 March 1980) is the younger daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester. Lady Rose was born at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, London, and attended St. George's School, Ascot. She is currently 23rd in the line of succession to the British Throne and at the time of her birth was 12th.
On November 16, 2007, the engagement was announced between Lady Rose and George Gilman, son of Mr Peter Gilman and Mrs Gillian Gilman[1]. Upon their marriage, which will take place on July 19, 2008 at The Queen's Chapel, St James's Palace, Lady Rose will be known as Lady Rose Gilman.
From Wikipedia

Exciting! I can't wait to see the photos. I have really enjoyed all of the royal weddings this summer.

She looks lovely.

Interesting to Kate attending - her outfit sounded nice. Can't wait for more pictures

She looks so much as her mother.

The bride's dress seems really beautiful. Countess of Wessex is very elegant, but I don't like Kate's outfit

I believe she is wearing the Iveagh Tiara, which was a wedding gift to Queen Mary. Beautiful dress and the bride looks so much like her mother! Sophie looks impeccable but Kate looks entirely too casual. I wish she would put her hair up--but, second royal wedding without WIlliam. I wonder if we're to hear something soon?

I believe she is wearing the Iveagh Tiara, which was a wedding gift to Queen Mary. Beautiful dress and the bride looks so much like her mother! Sophie looks impeccable but Kate looks entirely too casual. I wish she would put her hair up--but, second royal wedding without WIlliam. I wonder if we're to hear something soon?

It does make you wonder, doesn't it?

The Sun also reports that the tiara belonged to Queen Mary, so I think you're right about it being the Iveagh. It's gorgeous, and Rose looks beautiful! Kate ... has looked better.

I've read that Princess Anne, Peter and Autumn, and the Wessexes were there ... any other royals? Was the Queen supposed to go?

Fascinator. I've never heard that term before but I'm not really into fashion. I assume it's the feathery thing on her head.

I like what Kate is wearing. It looks like a nice summerly outfit. The light blues suits her very well. I do not see how she's dressed too casual. She looks perfectly in snyc with the other young women around her.

Fascinator. I've never heard that term before but I'm not really into fashion. I assume it's the feathery thing on her head.

That's exactly it -- they're very popular with the younger members of the royal family.

I don't think Kate's outfit is casual at all, but I still don't like it. Mrs. Autumn Phillips is nice but i thought she was thinner.
I love Gabriella Windsor's outfit a lot. she's truly elegant.

Lady Rose Gilman was stunning. :wub:
My absolute favourite is Lady Gabriella, who was impeccable wearing a grey lacy dress, a short not overly embellished jacket, and an icy pink hat. :wub:
I believe that Countess of Wessex recycled the hat she wore for Trooping the Colour 2008. She looked lovely in a grey suit.
Princess Royal's yellow flowery dress is satisfactory, but I am not sure about the headpiece, which reminds me of a piece of flowerbed. I am disappointed with Mrs. Philips's dress, which is too busy with abstract lines and flowers. I like Mrs. Philips hairstyle though.
Miss Middleton was appropriately dressed. I am not keen on her hairstyle. The black fascinator was all right.

Last edited:
I love it all the bride looked just lovely and all the guests where very elegant. This is a question that is too horrifying but didn't Princess Anne wear that coat dress to Charles and Diana's wedding it looks really familiar though all her clothes sadly look that way re re re cycled and she has a stunning figure anyway I will investigate.

Yes, Princess Anne did wear that dress and hat to Charles and Diana's wedding and it looked just as horrid then as it did today, imho.

^^^:eek: wow. Talk about re-use!

The bride looks lovely, and it's a shame that Kate has gotten all the press attention that Rose should have. Kate looked beautiful, but it was not her day.

I thought the bride looked very simple and elegant - perfect for a summer wedding. Love that tiara!

ETA: I too recognized Princess Anne's hat from Charles and Diana's wedding. At the time it was described as looking like a plate of scrambled eggs.

Too funny, ellenw! I don't remember it being described as such...

Didn't the Princess Royal wear the same dress to one of her brother's weddings? I was quite young then, but I swear it's the same dress;)

I'm sure Kate never wanted to steal the attention from the bride. Lady Rose looked nice, I really did think Mrs Autum Phillips was thinner maybe it's just the outfit. Intresting to know Princess Anne wore the same hat from Charles and Diana's wedding, hope that's not a sign as you can see I'm a very paranoid person. Countess of Wessex looked lovely as well.

Back
Top Bottom