Lady Rose Windsor and Mr George Gilman: 19 July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like her dress, it looks very appropriate for a summer wedding.

A Lovely Bride and lovely day Lady Rose is pretty and Gabriella is Amazing as usal How do they know Bear Grylls son?

Yes, Princess Anne did wear that dress and hat to Charles and Diana's wedding and it looked just as horrid then as it did today, imho.

That is a rather extreme example of being frugal.:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

No kidding ... that dress is older than I am! :lol:
But not from me :ermm:

It looks (after one photo of full dress) that the Lady Rose Gilman's wedding dress was quite nice. Hope to see more photos of it to have better opinion.

About Kate no matter what and with or without Will but they will be talk (about her).
How many time British ladies will be wearing this kind of head pieces?

Lady Rose looks lovely - i think it is interesting that she choose to wear a tiara whilst when her sister Lady Davina got married she only had flowers in her hair. This wedding was much larger than Davina's and much more the wedding of their brother the Earl of Ulster. Quite abig turnout of the young royals
Its a shame that we havent even seen a picture of the Duchess of Gloucester or the Earl and Countess of Ulster
Lady Davina looks nice as her matron of honour
Kate looked lovely in her blue dress and at this royal wedding she has been more openly photograped making an entrance - not matter what she has stolen the show even when she doesnt intend to. She and Rose must be good friends as neither William or Harry have attended any of the other Gloucester weddings but of course they couldnt be there today as both are away
Autumn and Lady Gabriella looked nice
But what was Anne thinking that outfit needs to be binned and Sophie in grey AGAIN does she own any other colour and i have also noticed how Sophie has managed to attend all the nice easy family royal events but has taken one long maternity leave so far its at least 7 or 8 months - far too long

Kate Middleton attends another royal wedding - Telegraph

Last edited:
I love the bride's dress. It is so elegant and feminine. I also liked Kate's outfit. Autumn looked awkward in her outfit.

Last edited:
The bride - Lady Rose - looked lovely. Her dress, hairdo, tiara - perfect!
Kate looked tired and barely pulled together as if the wedding were an afterthought.
Gabriella looked wonderful - Anne should get the "Recycler of the Century" award - does she think that no one will notice?
Sophie does need to expand her color palette - she is getting to look very matronly
And Autumn --- the dress is a mess - looks like a cheap, dingy painting made by a child. The kerchief around her neck looks too casual and then to wear the feathered headpiece on top of that --- a total disaster. She needs to spend some of that Hello money on a good wardrobe.
I would love to see the Duchess of G as she has looked so marvelous of late.

so would she be a cousin of harry and williams? or how is she related?

juliliete,
Thanks for the additional photos!
Mrs. Gillian Gilmore's outfit is just strange. I can not decide what is worse: a shiny dress with a flounce or a a huge flower in a cobweb explosion on her head...
:ohmy:

I like her wedding dress, and her tiara!

Al bina, do you suppose she is trying to look like the Windsor women? If so, me thinks she may have tried too hard. :-(

The bride & groom are a very attractive couple. Lady Rose looked just lovely.

Regarding the Countess of Wessex, I do think she sticks to grey & off-white a lot in her wardrobe. Sometimes when she wears a bright color I think it overpowers her.

I thought I recognized Anne's dress, too. Can't even believe she still has it!

Question: Does the Queen get invited to these events? I often wonder why she doesn't attend. It would be a great compliment to the bride & groom.

My pick of the day certainly was Lady Gabriella, she looked lovely, loved the lace dress. The others all looked okay but Anne, she seriously needs Susanne and Trinny to take her in their hands.

Stellad

Lady Rose looked absolutely lovely! As did her sister, the Duchess of Gloucester and Lady Gabriella.

Not feeling Sophie outfit (at least teh color) nor Autumns. And Anne....yes, you might have the outfit but why recycle it today?!

No pics of the Earl and Countess of Ulster? Or Gary Lewis? And I am thinking the Queen doesn't attend certain events (at least weddings) because her appearance brings up a ton of security questions and procedures. Its lovely how the younger generation attends theses weddings (although now that I think about it no Oglivy's have attended the last two weddings but I think it has something to do with the age groups involved). Gabriella and Freddie are closer to Peter and Rose's age than James and Marina.

Not sure why Kate attended unless she has is friends with Rose. You rarely see an interaction with Rose and William (at least via photo)...I know they did play together as children.

The Queen attended the Duke of Westminster's daughter's wedding a few years ago and she was at Helen Windsor's and James Ogilvy's. I don't know why she goes to some and not to others.

The Queen attended the Duke of Westminster's daughter's wedding a few years ago and she was at Helen Windsor's and James Ogilvy's. I don't know why she goes to some and not to others.

But both of this Weddings where bigger Events with more Guets who took place in bigger Churches. The Wedding of Lady Helen was a much bigger affair (with the entire Royal Family present) then the Weddings of all Gloucester children.

She looked beautiful...I love the simplicity of her dress...and a tiara!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! I cannot believe Princess Anne wore that dress again..

I am all for recycling clothing, but Princess Anne wearing the same dress to this wedding is a bit much. Especially after 27 years!

It sucks that none of the news outlets showed pics of the groom. I mean, obviously the agencies had them but weren't able to sell them. I realize there is no public interest in Gilman, hardly any at all in his bride, but still, as it was their wedding......... :rolleyes: It's all about Kate though. All about Kate. Kate, Kate, and more Kate. :whistling:

The bride looked lovely, beautiful dress and tiara. Very floaty and feminine. Thought Mrs A Phillips could probably have done better. Kate M looked fine IMO. Oh dear...Princess Anne...what can you say..recycling an outfit that looked dreadful when she wore it at Diana's wedding, and looked even worse on her now..someone get that woman a stylist or some dress sense.

The Bride and Lady Gabriella were the best dressed women With Miss Middleton close behind IMHO

James Ogilvy married in a Church about the size of the Queen's chapel so I don't think the size of the church has anything to do with whether the Queen attends.

Well..while it would have been nice for the Queen to attend..she did two important things...gave her permission (which Rose or at least her father is required to ask for) and loaned Rose the use of her grandmothers (Queen Mary's) tiara (as it is Rose's great grandmother as well). A great use for it in the younger generation.

Back
Top Bottom