The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Actually, I thought about it and, perhaps, it was her way of garnering attention. I know she is a hard worker, but scant attention is given her at functions, as her attire is less than appealing. But, here she suddenly shows up in an old outfit, not unusual for her, but the one she wore to Charles and Diana's wedding. People will notice, she is not an idiot. Suddenly she is noticed.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie Wessex looks smashing...I love her hat! What can I say about Princess Anne...I don't even remember a dress I had 27 years ago, let alone be able to wear it! But she has a great figure.

The less said about her hat the better. In fact, with the exception of Sophie, I hate EVERYONE'S hat at this wedding!

WHAT was that hideous getup Autumn Phillips was wearing?? One of the ugliest things I have ever seen!

Lady Rose is a great beauty. If you compare photos of her with her mother when she was young she is almost a CLONE of her mom!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post

Let me stick up for Anne's dress. I liked it in 1981 (remember, she had just given birth to Zara!), although I must have been the only one, and god bless her, I can't wear my 1981 clothes! But she could have gotten a new hat and shoes to update it. Maybe she spent too much money bankrolling Peter's wedding?
I think the dress was worth wearing again and I am amazed at her being able to, but I agree she could have worn a different hat (as long as it wasn´t one of those awful fascinators). (I remember that dress too )
Old 07-22-2008, 02:14 AM

The Marriage of Mr. George Gilman & Lady Rose Windsor
Saturday, 19 July 2008
@ The Queen's Chapel, St. James, London SW1

The bride's sister, Lady Davina Lewis, served as maid of honor and was attended by two young bridesmaids and a pageboy, Jesse Grylls, five-year-old son of TV "survival expert" Bear Grylls.

Guest list

* TRH The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester (the bride's parents)
* Mr. Peter Gilman (father of the bridegroom)
* Mrs. Gillian Gilman (mother of the bridegroom)
* The Earl & Countess of Ulster, accompanied by their young son, Lord Culloden
* Mr. Gary and Lady Davina Lewis
* Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence & HRH The Princess Anne the Princess Royal
* Mr. and Mrs. Peter Phillips
* TRH The Earl & Countess of Wessex
* Mr. Daniel & Lady Sarah Chatto
* Lord Frederick Windsor
* Lady Gabriella Windsor
* Lady Annabel Goldsmith
* Mrs. Charles Palmer-Tomkinson
* Miss Catherine Middleton
* Miss Emilia d'Erlanger

The Bridal Tiara - The Gloucester Leafage Tiara once belonging to the late Queen Mary, consort of George V. Inherited by the present Duke of Gloucester via his mother, the late Princess Alice, and nowadays worn by The Duchess of Gloucester. More information
Old 07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Lady Rose looked beautiful. Simple and elegant. She made a lovely bride and I must admit looked alot like her mother in some of the pics. Lady Gabriella gorgeous as always as did Lady Sarah Chatto. Although I like Autumn her dress looked far too casual for a wedding especially the tie thingy around her neck. She should find herself a stylist to help her out perhaps Lady Gabriella could suggest one as she always seems to look elegant.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Some clips: ShotList Digitised - ITNSource
Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 PM

Lady Rose was absolutely simply perfect as a bride. I wouldn't have advised any change for her. She is so pretty and classy like her mother. The difference of her wedding just confirms my idea of the slight difference between her and Davina. You can tell they are as close and warm to each other as the ideal sisters can be, but at the same time, also a little bit different in their ideas of la vie ideal.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 AM
Commoner

Lady Rose's dress was elegant she looked beathtaking . Princess Ann is a beautiful lady I wish she would wear her hair differently. Sophie's dress as aways lovely, and Kate's dress was very fashionable.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:27 AM
Nobility

One of the most royal-looking brides in recent years. Wedding gown was simply striking! Well Done Lady Rose!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:44 AM
Royal Highness

Beautiful bride....
Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very Pretty Bride!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM

It would have been so nice to use Louise Wessex or Margarita A-J as a bridesmaid though. And maybe one of the Chatto boys for a pageboy. But clearly they wanted to include kids from among their friends and private family. We only know the name of the little pageboy, but not the bridesmaids?
Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Administrator

If Hello! magazine has a good coverage of the wedding we may get the names of the extras.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Intresting to know Princess Anne wore the same hat from Charles and Diana's wedding, hope that's not a sign as you can see I'm a very paranoid person.
I thought the same thing! That must be some sort of bad karma, right? Does she not like George?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
If Hello! magazine has a good coverage of the wedding we may get the names of the extras.
Very true. Hello! is good for that. Tatler might even do it too. Tatler loves a good society wedding just as well as Hello!.

Princess Anne is cool. There's something admirable about a woman who regularly recycles her 80s wardrobe, wearing "shoulder pads" even today like it's the most natural thing in the world, darling!
Old 07-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Commoner

I laugh how petty people are about the Royal Family recycling clothes. If anything I think everyone looked fantastic. I wish I could fit into my clothes of ten years ago, so it goes to show how some people look after themselves. The only dated thing is her hair but it is her signiture.

By the way I think Lady Rose looked like a million bucks and I hope she and her new man have many happy years together.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
I thought the same thing! That must be some sort of bad karma, right? Does she not like George?
I would be surprised if Anne even knows George much more than by face and name. And she might not even recognize George if she saw him by chance without Rose. That's just a hunch though.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO! hello magazine cover from this week with Kate and the wedding of Lady Rose
it is interesting to note that when Rose's siblings got marries neither of them appeared on the front cover but because of the presence of Kate this wedding has been given a full special section

Old 07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

What a lovely bride. And Lady Gabriella was gorgeous and very chic as well.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

The Gloucester girls are so lovely and what good looking husbands they have, as well.Does any one know, who was the cute little bridesmaid?