The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

More from Infofoto and Borneo Bulletin (from the last article)

Old 08-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures on these wedding.

I must confess, and please don't jump to my throat , I am happily surprised with the Bride's elegance.

She has the poise elegance and serene look of a Queen... I don't know who her advisers on the wedding are but she better keep them.

When I saw her photos at the first cerimony (Berbedak, I think) I was assaulted by fears that she would appear on the second cerimony (Majlis Berpacar , is it?) all covered with strong colours make-up, sunk under golden jewels and almost unrecognizable, and she is so beautiful that it wouldn't do any justice to her...

infofoto

I was gladly surprised... and delighted!

infofoto
Thank you so much for sharing!

Regards,
mtbcm

Old 08-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
The bride looks lovely once again. Her look is rather subdued for Brunei royal weddings. I wonder, too, if she had a non-Bruneian stylist and designer. The dress and jewels are still very opulent.
I agree, she looks ellegance. I like her dress. Its design and color are so simple and it makes her look pretty.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Serene Highness

I confess my ignorance of the customs of Brunei. Is it significant that the Crown Prince and Pengiran Sarah are seated across the room from the rest of the family?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Gentry

I don't think the way some of these ladies wore the kain jongsarat (kain: malay for cloth. Jongsarat: literally jong means a type of boat while sarat means full. The name implies the cloth is full of embroidery/patterns) in this picture http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=1SAHRIN_13.jpg is the traditional style of wearing them which is to 'kapit' or clasp the jongsarat under your arm instead they have worn them over their left arms.

I have never seen them worn like that prior to CP Sarah's mother during the Crown prince's wedding... I thought it was just because she didn't know how to wear it properly. Now, everyone's following her way. I guess this reduces the need to 'kapit' the kain which can be tiring but personally I prefer people wearing them the traditional way because to me that is the true way of wearing the jongsarat for females and more Malay since this way was started by a Swiss lady... hehehe! what a trendsetter...

Regarding why we women wear the jongsarat... as far as I know, it's just a Malay tradition... but we only wear them on certain traditional occasions like weddings and during recitation of the Al-Quran... Men wear them around their waist a certain way and we women wear them differently. Sometimes we wear a silver or golden belt around our waist so that we don't have to 'kapit' the kain.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang Ayah
I don't think the way some of these ladies wore the kain jongsarat (kain: malay for cloth. Jongsarat: literally jong means a type of boat while sarat means full. The name implies the cloth is full of embroidery/patterns) in this picture http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=1SAHRIN_13.jpg is the traditional style of wearing them which is to 'kapit' or clasp the jongsarat under your arm instead they have worn them over their left arms.

I have never seen them worn like that prior to CP Sarah's mother during the Crown prince's wedding... I thought it was just because she didn't know how to wear it properly. Now, everyone's following her way. I guess this reduces the need to 'kapit' the kain which can be tiring but personally I prefer people wearing them the traditional way because to me that is the true way of wearing the jongsarat for females and more Malay since this way was started by a Swiss lady... hehehe! what a trendsetter...
This style of wearing the jongsarat(over their left arms) is the style for the royal family. CP Sarah's mother & the groom's mother (Pg Suhaimi's mother) are given the priviledge to wear it like them.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:40 AM
Aristocracy

The bride is really stunning.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Commoner

Hello everyone, I just saw the pics of the sultan's niece's wedding and I think that she looks very stunning and somewhat different to the way that Sarah's wedding gear looked. It wasn't so bright with lots of brilliant colours. The more plain and natural a person looks the more beautiful you appear and thats just the way I admıre the sultan's niece in her most wonderful wedding gown.On another note, I also know that most Muslim people round the globe put mehndi (henna) on their hands and even their feet. This is a Muslim custom and also a sunnah(blessing) to wear. We normally make patterns with the henna.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Nobility

Beautiful absolutely beaiutiful. I was unable to see CP Billah & CP Sarah, hope they enjoyed the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
More from Infofoto and Borneo Bulletin (from the last article)