Lady Helen Windsor and Tim Taylor: 18 July 1992

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know much about her, but I've been obsessed Lady Helen's gown since seeing it in Catherine Walker's autobiography.

Loved Lady Helen's dress - it fitted perfectly with St Georges Chapel. It is surprising to see the Queen and many senior members attending this wedding - i suppose a sign of the times that this was in 1992 and the entire royal family received more attention rather than as it is now more focus on the seniro royals. The Queen, DoE, Charles etc didnt attend the Gloucester children weddings or Lord Freddie Windsor

I think in any family - the first weddings of the next generation tend to have more family attendance as time goes on, you just get a little more spreadout.

also -Helen was part of those 4 1964 births... Helen, Edward, Sarah Armstrong Jones and James Ogilvy - I think they were all pretty close cousins.

Prince Edward Celebrates 21st with Midsummer Night's Party

can you imagine the Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Alexandra and The Duchess of Kent all pregnant at the same time - that is some mommy & me class.

I think in any family - the first weddings of the next generation tend to have more family attendance as time goes on, you just get a little more spreadout.

also -Helen was part of those 4 1964 births... Helen, Edward, Sarah Armstrong Jones and James Ogilvy - I think they were all pretty close cousins.

Prince Edward Celebrates 21st with Midsummer Night's Party

can you imagine the Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Alexandra and The Duchess of Kent all pregnant at the same time - that is some mommy & me class.

I wonder if there are any photos from the evening. It sounds spectacular

DaughterofFrance said:
Helen's gown was wonderful! It's very interesting and unique.

Her dress is my favourite!! So classic. Anyone knew how tall is Helen? Wonder will this design looks good on a petite bride?

I like how the embroidery on the gown echoes the design of the tiara. Then the necklace echoes the pearls on top of the tiara. Beautiful gown!

It was interesting to learn that Lady Helen's gorgeous dress was inspired by the architecture of St. George's Chapel.

From Warren's Collection...

"Lady Helen weds"
Author: N/A
Source: New Idea
Published: August 1, 1992

"A Royal to be proud of"
Author: Matthew Norman
Source: The Daily Telegraph
Published: July 1992

I would hardly say Unique. I hadnt' seen it before and I dont like the neck, it looks very fussy and thte skirt while OK is perfeclty conventional...

I personally think this was a beautiful wedding. One of my favourite wedding gown's.

I wouldn't have choose the dress myself, but it really fit her and look fantastic on her. Good choice.Beautiful dress, beautiful jewelry, beautiful day, beautiful couple.

Simply exquisite, and worthy of a beautiful Woman so well versed in the world of Fashion.

I agree, I have always found Lady Helen a beautiful bride.

Isn't that not so little girl Zara Phillips?

I believe it is Lady Gabriella Windsor (now Kingston?)….daughter of Prince & Princess Michael of Kent.

That would indeed make more sense as younger (first) cousin of the bride.

Back
Top Bottom