Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston: May 18, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was also wondering this... and also the duke of
Kent and possible duchess of Kent? They both attended Harry’s wedding and possibly eugenies

I’m sure we will see more photographs on Instagram of the younger royals. Flora Amelia zenouska etc

I was also wondering this... and also the duke of
Kent and possible duchess of Kent? They both attended Harry’s wedding and possibly eugenies

I’m sure we will see more photographs on Instagram of the younger royals. Flora Amelia zenouska etc

the 'Duke of Kent had a duty in Athens today. Wonder why it was planned for this day. As for the Duchess perhaps she has arrived at an entrance where no photgraphers where.

I love Gabriella's dress & she looks stunning in it. The detail on the top layer is superb, especially towards the hem.

No photos of the greece royals or liechtenstein royals

King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/18/12/13654482-7043855-image-m-134_1558179639894.jpg

Does anyone know who the little bridesmaids and pages are?

https://www.royal.uk/wedding-lady-gabriella-windsor-and-mr-thomas-kingston

The Bridal Party

Mr Kingston’s Best Men were Mr Benjamin Crow, Mr Daniel Crow and Mr Jamie Campbell.

The Bridesmaids were Miss Isabella Windsor, Miss Maud Windsor, Miss Leonora Weisman, Miss Aurelia del Drago, Miss Eliza Goldsmith and Miss Emily Conolly.

The Pageboys were Master Frederick Murray, Master Rafferty Murray and Master Karim Khawaja.

Miss Estella Taylor, Miss Jessie Conolly and Miss Hannah Conolly were Special Attendants.

Last edited:
Very nice wedding. Every time I see the York family together, I smile.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for the video footage

I agree with the view that Lady Gabriella looks very lovely on the day, though I too am not a super fan of the overly lacy look. I like her veil, but I need to get a better look of how it moves with her dress in video footage.

From what I can see of the bridesmaids and pageboys, no. The little girls' dresses are too much on them, kinda similar to the too much fabric-sack look of Meghan's little bridesmaids' dresses, but at least those weren't as long and overwhelming as these. The styling of the pageboys' outfits for Lady Gabriella is nice, but IMO, the white is too much against the white of the little girls' dresses.

There is definitely a referencing by Lady Gabriella of Princess Alexandra's wedding dress from 1964:
http://i.skyrock.net/8577/77698577/pics/3035088769_1_23_wY25vIYJ.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/5d/6b/be/5d6bbe87963fa6fb3e6788d309f3e34f.jpg
https://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/04/wedding-wednesday-princess-alexandra-of.html

Princess Alexandra's wedding dress is so dated looking. Even in 1964, it was dated! The above Order of Splendor article provides interesting background about the making of Princess Alexandra's dress.

ETA:
After seeing the video, I think the little bridesmaids' dresses are styled much nicer than the ones Meghan's bridesmaids wore. The only thing is I think the skirts on the bridesmaids dresses today are a bit too long. Otherwise, pretty styling.

Last edited:
For Princess Alexandra wedding people were sleeping on the pavements since the day before.

Lady Gabriella's dress is very pretty, but nothing unique. It's cut in a classic style, with all the oomph coming from the embroidery and scalloped hem, there's certainly nothing original in the cut of the gown. I will say I'm not a huge fan of this much embroidery paired with the veil: she needed to do one or the other, elaborate detail on the dress, simple, sheer veil to allow the dress to shine, or heavier veil over a very simple dress.

I like the little bridesmaids and pages outfits; those are a lot more successful and flattering than most. There's nothing sweeter than little bridesmaids in white or cream with flower wreaths.

I love the styling of Gabriella's hair from the back -- very nice. And she looked so happy and blooming.

However, I agree with you @Ista, especially after getting a look at the video. Although I like the sheerness of Lady Gabriella's veil (at least from what I can see at the top), I totally agree that the length and volume of the veil is too much for the lacy styling of the dress. Especially seeing her from the back walking up the steps, the look seems overdone. It reminds me of how in design, it's always best to subtract. Less is more.

Also, although I really like the styling of the pageboys and bridesmaids outfits, I think the little boys' outfits needed a tad bit of color for contrast against the white of the girls' dresses. I'd have had the boys' pants in perhaps a light shade of blue with the white shirts, or maybe a light rust for the pants, nothing too dark. And as I mentioned, the little girl's skirts while nicely styled, are a bit too long IMO.

Lady Gabriella wore the same tiara as her mother and her paternal grandmother on their wedding days:
The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Lady Gabriella and her groom seem immensely happy. They kissed twice and long while posing on the steps, before heading to the reception. I wonder if there will be other festivities and whether Lady Gabriella will change into another outfit.

I noticed that Lady Gabriella chose lovely flower arrangements to frame the steps and sides to the entrance of St. George's Chapel, somewhat in the style and manner of the Duchess of Sussex's wedding, although not as elaborate a framing of the arched entrance:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/0...el_with_her_father_Pri-a-93_1558182645957.jpg
The pageboys could have worn light blue, light purple, or pale orange/rust pants and it would have complimented some of the flowers

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/sei_13134791.jpg?w=964&h=642&crop=1

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...800000578-5718793-image-a-4_1526719496335.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those three photos are gorgeous.
All the photos are lovely, thankyou. It was a lovely wedding for sure.
I loved the Queen in watermelon; clearly joyous.
A very happy bride and groom.
Gabriella's dress suited her. The floaty, softer lines were romantic and I liked the all white attendants in keeping with the softer, free flowing vibe.

Prince Philip looked quite well and in good spirits today. Hard to believe he is almost 98 years old.

:previous: Yes, we hadn't seen Prince Philip in awhile before seeing the beautiful photo of the Queen & Prince Philip with the Sussexes, baby Archie, and Meghan's Mom, Doria. Prince Philip looked so good in that photo, and he looks to be in great spirits at Lady Gabriella's wedding too. It's really nice to see him attending family functions, because we won't be seeing him at many ceremonial and royal firm-related public events.

The intimate wedding ceremony of Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston, which the public don't get to see, was surely wonderful! It was just for family, friends, and international royal relations, which probably makes it rather special, sans the public's prying eyes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D62v0v8WsAIM351.jpg

Windsor is such a gorgeous setting. I get there are different tastes, and everyone on the day are probably feeling so blessed and happy, regardless of anything.

But seeing this photo, I still say a little bit of light color on the boys' pants (perhaps picking up a pale shade from Kingston's tie) would have served as a nice contrast against all the white. Not a big deal though -- the styling by itself was very nice for the little boys' and little girls' outfits.

I love the sheerness of Lady Gabriella's veil at the top, but the bottom part looks too heavy and voluminous for her dress. She went fairly traditional. I think it's safe to say that her dress is an updated nod to her --grandmother-- correction: aunt, Princess Alexandra's wedding dress of 1964.

Last edited:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D62v0v8WsAIM351.jpg

I love the sheerness of Lady Gabriella's veil at the top, but the bottom part looks too heavy and voluminous for her dress. She went fairly traditional. I think it's safe to say that her dress is an updated nod to her grandmother, Princess Alexandra's wedding dress of 1964.

Alexandra is her aunt not her grandmother which was the late Princess Marina.

Gorgeous dress. Lovely photo with the kids. Many years of happiness to the couple!

The dress reminded me of the first wedding dress of Princess Caroline, Davina Windsor's dress and that worn by Stephanie Lannoy, though I prefer Gabriella's.
It is quite 1970s.
Her veil could have been less gathered but it looked nice once lifted.
Gabriella's flowers were beautiful. Her height meant that, though large, they didn't swamp her. The delicate warm colours really suited her.

I love the flowers and the dress and they both look very happy. Glad her mother toned it down a bit from Freddie's wedding. The Queen looked great in that colour.

Beautiful gown. And I love her hair style. Needed a better veil though, something just didn't lay right with her veil (didn't like Kate's either). No surprise fringe tiara.

She ranks with Meghan as my second favorite bride in recent years, between Eugenie as my favorite, and Kate.

I agree wish there had been some color in the bridal party, too much white.

Love the flowers at the entrance. Beautiful, natural spring flowers.

Nice to see Harry and the other royals there. I am happy Constantine was up to attending. Were her other godparents there (Prince Marino, Princess Antonia)?

Love seeing little Isabella Windsor now. Sweet seeing Gabriella with both nieces.

So Fergie got an invite to another royal wedding. Nice to see for some divorce doesn't end a family relationship.

Did Princess Alexandra and the Duchess of Kent attend ?

Neither attended that we saw.

:previous: Yes, we hadn't seen Prince Philip in awhile before seeing the beautiful photo of the Queen & Prince Philip with the Sussexes, baby Archie, and Meghan's Mom, Doria.

We had actually seen him at RWHS, at the Order of Merit event at Windsor Castle and carriage riding in Windsor in addition to the picture. HRH seems to be staying in the castle confines.

The bride really did look lovely. She really shines and obviously looks blissed out happy. After seeing pictures of Princess Alexandra´s dress, I do wonder if she and the designer were inspired by the aesthetic. It has a similar vibe to it. I do agree with most here that the veil is a bit heavy. Something lighter, or perhaps arranged in a similar way to HGD Stephanie or Princess Charlene would have been nice to see.

The flower arrangements are gorgeous!

Well, imho, the bride looked absolutely divine, particularly with the fringe tiara! For elegance and style, I vote Lady Sarah Chatto, Carole Middleton and the Princess Royal (just she would learnt to stand more elegantly, not hands behind her back like her father!).

The mother of the bride, Princess Michael: beautiful lilac colour, but not quite her usual panache (not sure who’s curtains may have been sacrificed for the coat!). Princess Beatrice also looked very stylish. As for her mother, Sarah, Duchess of York, words fail me! Nice to see her included though.

Fabulous to see Prince Philip laughing with Harry. Harry really seems to a rapport with both his grandparents.

Lady Gabriella was stunning bride. Her dress looked romantic and elegant, perfectly fitted. I feared that with her blond hair she may look washed out in white but they had found exactly the right shade. That smile of hers was pure happiness. Same about the groom - they both looked over the moon.
Also the flower arrangement was great.

Lady Gabriella wore the same tiara as her mother and her paternal grandmother on their wedding days:
The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara | The Court Jeweller

Gabriella's paternal grandmother, Princess Marina, did indeed wear a Fringe tiara, but not this one. The one worn by Gabriella and Princess Michael was a wedding present that Princess Marina had received from the City of London. At her own wedding, Princess Marina had worn a fringe tiara belonging to her mother, with Romanov origins.

Some of the press has got this wrong today.

I love the flowers and the dress and they both look very happy. Glad her mother toned it down a bit from Freddie's wedding. The Queen looked great in that colour.
The bride toned it down a lot compared to that wedding where the bride was even more exposed than the mother of the groom.

A lovely classic bride; although I agree with veil upon arrival it was a bit heavy.

Alexandra is her aunt not her grandmother which was the late Princess Marina.

Right thanks for the correction -- I got it mixed up there. Gabriella is channeling her Aunt Alexandra's wedding dress, and she's wearing the same tiara that her mother, Princess Michael wore on her wedding day. Apparently, as @muriel points out, the tiara Princess Marina (her grandmother) wore was slightly different. And Princess Alexandra (Gabriella's aunt) wore the same tiara as Marina. I must further investigate the Order of Royal Splendor site.

The lace detail is similar to her mother's (Princess Michael's) dress, but otherwise the styling of Princess Michael's dress is overly frilly and ornate:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/27/58/61/...43078--prince-and-princess-princess-diana.jpg

The bride toned it down a lot compared to that wedding where the bride was even more exposed than the mother of the groom...

Surely you are not referring to Lord Frederick Windsor's bride? ;)
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/27/58/61/...43078--prince-and-princess-princess-diana.jpg

In this group photo, Sophie has her hair and her veil covering her bodice:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0c/d7/77/...81--lord-frederick-windsor-royal-weddings.jpg
Sophie definitely looks much more demure here compared to the mother of the groom and even the sister of the groom. Although, frankly, I think they all looked very lovely. Not many of the major royals attended Lord Frederick's wedding, I believe. So apparently, it was not strictly an overly formal, rigidly strict royal-related wedding in terms of attire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree - looks just like her.

Pretty sure it is, seems the reports are relying on agency vids/pics so if guests weren't captured we don't know if they attended or not.

Here's a nice vid with some arrivals and also departures, including the newly weds leaving chapel and royals waving them off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom