Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston: May 18, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Princess Alexandra attended. I didn’t see The Duchess of Kent though. I don’t think she attended.

Gabriella's paternal grandmother, Princess Marina, did indeed wear a Fringe tiara, but not this one. The one worn by Gabriella and Princess Michael was a wedding present that Princess Marina had received from the City of London. At her own wedding, Princess Marina had worn a fringe tiara belonging to her mother, with Romanov origins.

Some of the press has got this wrong today.

The official British royal family web page said Marina wore this tiara at her wedding.

Alexandra is her aunt not her grandmother which was the late Princess Marina.

The boys are wearing very pale pink sashes around their waists which match the bridesmaids dresses which are the very palest shade of pink.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Interesting re the pale pink color you are describing for the bridesmaid's dresses and the boys' waist sashes. The color doesn't come through at all in videos. But that's often the case. I went back to look at the photo, and the palest of pinks for the dresses and the sashes shows up, but not unless you know to look for it. ;) It's probably more noticeable in person.

Gabriella's paternal grandmother, Princess Marina, did indeed wear a Fringe tiara, but not this one. The one worn by Gabriella and Princess Michael was a wedding present that Princess Marina had received from the City of London. At her own wedding, Princess Marina had worn a fringe tiara belonging to her mother, with Romanov origins.

Right. This article clears up the confusion:
The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara | The Court Jeweller

"... Marina didn't actually wear the [City of London] tiara on her wedding day. She wore a nearly identical diamond fringe tiara..."

Princess Marina wore a fringe kokoshnik tiara of Russian origin (her mother had Russian heritage) on her wedding day. And the City of London gave Marina as a wedding gift, a fringe tiara that resembles the kokoshnik tiara Marina wore on her wedding day, but it's not the same tiara.

So, it's the City of London Kent fringe tiara that Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael wore, and that was passed on to Lady Gabriella for her big day.

Last edited:
Lady Gabriella looked lovely! I’m not a fan of the dress, but it’s not horrendous. Just too dated.

I love Luisa Beccaria as a designer (she would have been great for Eugenia too) so I really like Ella’s dress. Nothing groundbreaking but it’s very sweet and fits her very well.

Lovely to see the tiara too!

And nice to see the family out in force. Surprised Eugenie didn’t show and really surprise Kate didn’t either.

Wish Ella and her husband a lovely wedding day/evening and many happy returns!

Last edited:
It looks almost identical to William and Kate's cake-which isn't a criticism, it's beautiful.

Thank you for all the lovely photos this is just the most beautiful wedding I thought the bride looked stunning gorgeous. I loved the entrance of St Georges so simply and mimic no one it was just whoGabriella is stylish and discreet. The Queen was lovely and the Kent family all gracious and glamorous I have loved it all thanks again

Even the press office at Buckingam Palace got it wrong as they mentioned in their Release about the bridal gown etc. that the tiara worn by Gabriella was also worn by her grandmother Princess Marina on her wedding Day.

The wedding looked like a lovely spring ceremony and I adored all the seasonal flowers (wonderful to see lily-of-the-valley and hydrangea, which are some of my favourites, included amongst them!). Gabriella and Tom seem like a lovely couple who appear to be very happy with each other - I loved the photo of them cutting the cake provided by Flora Ogilvy!
Really nice to see Estella Taylor as a special attendant too - I wondered if they would be attendants since they're now a little old for bridesmaids.

Love the fringe tiara but it needed to be worn at a higher angle or it looses its sparkling airiness a fools a bit like a kokoshnik headband.

I love that she gave a nod to her aunt in the style of her gown as it she looked beautiful in it but there was something about th veil . . . too voluminous perhaps and accentuated by the flair of the gown?

The bridesmaids definitely seemed to have a blush of pink and pageboys trousers had the merest wash of lavender blue.

The Queen looked as she always does at royal weddings, happy and bright with her usual jewellery. Prince Philip looks to be in almost 'rude health'. Retirement suits him well. When I saw the photo of him with Archie I thought he looked years younger and at the wedding he seemed to move with more freedom.

It looks almost identical to William and Kate's cake-which isn't a criticism, it's beautiful.
Sorry, but I don't think they look alike at all.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnQ39alTSz/?igshid=a1ta3yixhzzl
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/royal-wedding-cake.jpg

This wedding makes me so happy though. The decoration outside the St. George's Chapel were perfect, clothing for the boys and girls simply perfect, bright colors, very classic. The dress was stunning, simple and elegant, but also very fit for the venue and occasion (a big plus for the perfect fit on the bride too!). And the tiara, just beautiful.

Lady Gabriella made a very beautiful, very happy and stunning bride.

Even the press office at Buckingam Palace got it wrong as they mentioned in their Release about the bridal gown etc. that the tiara worn by Gabriella was also worn by her grandmother Princess Marina on her wedding Day.

There do seem to be differing opinions on Marina's wedding tiara--

"Her long tulle veil was topped by a tiara, still then not a requirement for a British royal bride as we think of it now. Some cite this as one belonging to her mother, some as the Kent City of London Fringe Tiara, one of her wedding gifts."
https://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2012/10/wedding-wednesday-princess-marinas-gown.html

The cakes are both tiered and white...;)

The shapes are different. It looks like Tom and Gabriella's is decorated with real flowers versus William & Kate's frosting, fondant, gum paste decorations.

Traditional wedding cakes tend to have many similarities. They differ more when the couple goes non-traditional.

Sorry, but I don't think they look alike at all.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnQ39alTSz/?igshid=a1ta3yixhzzl
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/royal-wedding-cake.jpg

This wedding makes me so happy though. The decoration outside the St. George's Chapel were perfect, clothing for the boys and girls simply perfect, bright colors, very classic. The dress was stunning, simple and elegant, but also very fit for the venue and occasion (a big plus for the perfect fit on the bride too!). And the tiara, just beautiful.

Lady Gabriella made a very beautiful, very happy and stunning bride.

On a much smaller scale obviously, but without even knowing initially that the same baker made them I noticed a strong similarity between both cakes.

On a much smaller scale obviously, but without even knowing initially that the same baker made them I noticed a strong similarity between both cakes.

Its white and multi tiered what else???

William and Kate had multiple shaped tiers, and a base that was multiple cakes. Dripping in adornment and covered in fake flowers.

Gabriella's was all circular, and with very little adornment on it, just some real flowers.

That's quite a lovely photo of Lady Gabriella warmly clasping hands with her cousin, the Queen. As always, the Queen looks bright and cheerful in the melon outfit. And she's beaming, seeing yet another young relation tie the knot.

O-H Anglophile said:
There do seem to be differing opinions on Marina's wedding tiara--

"Her long tulle veil was topped by a tiara, still then not a requirement for a British royal bride as we think of it now. Some cite this as one belonging to her mother, some as the Kent City of London Fringe Tiara, one of her wedding gifts."
https://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com...inas-gown.html

Because the tiaras are nearly identical is surely the reason for most of the confusion. Additional passage from Court Jeweler article I already linked above:
"Some sources claim that Marina secured her bridal veil with the City of London Fringe Tiara, but Marina didn't actually wear that particular tiara on her wedding day. She wore another very similar diamond fringe tiara: the Vladimir Fringe Tiara, which she borrowed from her mother, Princess Nicholas of Greece and Denmark."

Last edited:
Its white and multi tiered what else???

William and Kate had multiple shaped tiers, and a base that was multiple cakes. Dripping in adornment and covered in fake flowers.

Gabriella's was all circular, and with very little adornment on it, just some real flowers.

Well I can see a similarity if it's all the same to you.

There was so much about about this wedding that I liked from the wonderful flowers to the svelte, classically, beautiful bride. Lovely to see such a strong turn out of royals, particularly seeing both the Queen and Prince Philip. I do agree that it would have been nice to have a little more colour for the bridesmaids and page boys, but it was a very lovely summer wedding.

HereditaryPrincess said:
I wondered if they would be attendants since they're now a little old for bridesmaids.

I know little ones are traditionally chosen in England for bridesmaids (called flower girls in the U.S.). Still, Kate chose her very grown-up sister, Pippa, as one of her bridesmaids. Unless, Pippa was considered her attendant.

Lady Louise looked nice helping with the youngsters. She also attended at Eugenie's wedding.

Sarah Armstrong-Jones (now Chatto) was around the age of her niece, Margarita Armstrong-Jones (17), when she served as an older bridesmaid of Lady Diana's. So Lady Sarah was 2 years older at that time than Louise and Estella are now.

Last edited:
After seeing close-ups of Lady Gabriella's dress, I have to say that Luisa Becarria created a sartorial masterpiece. This is how a lace wedding dress should look like. The dress bears some similarity to Princess Alexandra's dress.

Last edited:
Wow, the Hello magazine website has a video of a bit of Gabriella's wedding speech at Frogmore House where she's thanking the Queen, who's sitting to her left, for 'making the day possible'. How lovely.

Wow, the Hello magazine website has a video of a bit of Gabriella's wedding speech at Frogmore House where she's thanking the Queen, who's sitting to her left, for 'making the day possible'. How lovely.

Seriously? A video crew at the Frogmore reception? That's interesting. It would definitely have been cool had videotaping been allowed at the Sussex wedding reception. However, perhaps the the Sussex reception speeches were videotaped for their own private archival family memories.

All I can find is a sketch of the second wedding dress, and video of arrivals and departures at the church, which has already been posted. Can a link please be provided for video at the reception?

https://www.hellomagazine.com/bride...riella-windsor-second-wedding-dress-revealed/

Last edited:
Seriously? A video crew at the Frogmore reception? That's interesting. It would definitely have been cool had videotaping been allowed at the Sussex wedding. However, perhaps the the Sussex reception speeches were videotaped for their own private archival family memories.

I think a guest may have been videoing with their phone, I'm not sure.

One of the best wedding dress I have ever seen ! A white perfection !

After seeing close-ups of Lady Gabriella's dress, I have to say that Luisa Becarria created a sartorial masterpiece. This is how a lace wedding dress should look like. The dress bears some similarity to Princess Alexandra's dress.

Lady Gabriella's dress is exquisitely made, from the finest materials too. It's definitely a sartorial nod to Princess Alexandra's wedding dress, somewhat updated in styling. Still, the style is old-fashioned and traditional, not suited to everyone's tastes or preferences.

Alexandra's dress may have been the height of fashion at the time, but it's not timeless in its design elements. Lady Gabriella does look quite beautiful, especially from the front, leaving the church. She is a vision in white. Still, I think the veil in the back coupled with the dress is rather heavy and overly voluminous. Others might see the train/dress combo as luxe and gorgeous. It just looks to be a lot from the back to me. The overall lace detail of the dress up-close is exquisite. Yet, I don't care for the look of the embroidered pieces extending around the neckline.

I would love to see how Lady Gabriella looked in her second wedding dress. For now, I only see the sketch.

I think a guest may have been videoing with their phone, I'm not sure.

Can you provide a link to the video you are speaking of?

Back
Top Bottom