King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan & Jetsun Pema: 13-15 October 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you watch his coronation again, you see the same expression Jetsun had on her wedding day. The ceremonies are formidable and both were aware of the importance. But the moment they came out and could greet the people the tension relieved.
And like Blauerengel said, he is more relaxed now and I´m sure she will, too when time flies.

Last edited:
veyr nice picture :flowers: thanks you the couple veyr nice

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not put words into my mouth. I just said she did not smile much even in official pictures!! And it is the truth. When did I say that she looks sad and unhappy?

I suppose I should have just used your own words. Here they are highlighted. I should have said mean and distant, rather than sad and unhappy.

Your words:

Originally Posted by tlklhm
I thought she looks fierce with nary a smile even when the King smile at her (during her crowning). In the video clip, her eye is piercingly sharp when she looks straight to the camera. So far, from all the release photos since their engagement, be it official photos or pictures of her visiting villages with the King, only saw from one official photo that she is smiling. She always seems distant and cold in those visits photo even when the King was smiling and shaking hand.

[...] The spirit and calm of Buddhism enveloped us. The courtesy and hospitality of the royal family, the government and the people of Bhutan were overwhelming. It was evident and palpable everywhere, in the shops and eating places, on the streets, in the stadium in Thimphu that brought together nearly one lakh guests (one-seventh of Bhutan’s population), who participated in a day-long public function where one of the performances was conceived and choreographed by His Majesty — a traditional dance with the members of the Cabinet, the prime minister and the king all dancing in unison in a large circle to the unending applause of the one lakh present.

Dignity, grace, honesty; tradition and modernity; respect for all; a great sense of sharing, inclusive participation, engagement with the citizens of Bhutan, the extended royal family; a compassionate reaching out to one and all in an equal embrace without structured grading — these were the complex elements that came together in a frame where the formal, structured warp and the many different threads of the weft created a weave that was both fine and fragile, rare and near extinct elsewhere in this world. It was a privilege to be part of this rare and special moment in time. - Full article

Bhutan royal wedding: We saw the colors of the rainbow | Inquirer Lifestyle
Her Majesty the Queen’s wedding dress was chosen according to her traditional birth element.
The queen’s birth element is earth; therefore she wore a yellow tego. The tego was embroidered with the auspicious eight lucky signs.
The kira worn by Her Majesty was a Shinglochem with golden threads which matched perfectly with the golden tego and red wonju.
It was gifted to her by Queen Mother Tshering Yangdon Wangchuck.

Back
Top Bottom