The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2011, 04:18 AM
Nobility

I thought she looks fierce with nary a smile even when the King smile at her (during her crowning). In the video clip, her eye is piercingly sharp when she looks straight to the camera. So far, from all the release photos since their engagement, be it official photos or pictures of her visiting villages with the King, only saw from one official photo that she is smiling. She always seems distant and cold in those visits photo even when the King was smiling and shaking hand.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:20 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

The new Queen is beautiful.

Royal Weddding Cakes
Old 10-14-2011, 09:45 AM
Courtier

She is stunning.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

King of Bhutan and his new bride meet ecstatic crowds on foot - hellomagazine.com

King of Bhutan marries 21-year-old student Jetsun Pema in elaborate marriage ceremony - hellomagazine.com

The Queen is a really beautiful young woman
Old 10-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
I thought she looks fierce with nary a smile even when the King smile at her (during her crowning). In the video clip, her eye is piercingly sharp when she looks straight to the camera. So far, from all the release photos since their engagement, be it official photos or pictures of her visiting villages with the King, only saw from one official photo that she is smiling. She always seems distant and cold in those visits photo even when the King was smiling and shaking hand.
Seems the song is mostly the same with a beautiful, newly-made Royal (except for one recent one). She's sad, she looks unhappy...blah, blah, blah...

The King is naturally gregarious. I don't know Bhutan's culture as regards women.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Well, what a wonderful event to behold! So much colour and culture in such a small nation! It's great to see a different kind of royal wedding! I love the amazing fabrics of their costumes and I especially like the king's shoes!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Nobility

She is so beautiful. Looks like a fairy tale wedding
Léonard de Vinci
Old 10-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wedding celebrations in the streets of Thimphu, Bhutan, Friday, Oct. 14, 2011.
Thousands of locals lined the streets to greet the 31 year-old reformist monarch of the small Himalayan Kingdom that wed his commoner bride in a series of ceremonies Thursday.

daylife gallery
Old 10-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

I think this is most important : "The king has finally got a companion who is from a noble family, and she has very good qualities," Bago Dem, a local resident in her 60s, told AFP. "They understand the problems of the people." (from hellomagazin article)

The royal couple looks really sweet and the wedding ceremony was so special and beautiful and it brings attention to their country,its art and tradition which has not been that much noticed in the West before....it will hopefully increase tourism to Bhutan which is good for the economy and making their culture more known and appreciated in foreign countries. Notice the delicate embroidery and clothes worn at the wedding,I loved every detail of the ceremony!I wonder if the bright shade of yellow worn by the king holds any special (religious) meaning or if he just chose it because he likes the colour?
Old 10-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

Seems the song is mostly the same with a beautiful, newly-made Royal (except for one recent one). She's sad, she looks unhappy...blah, blah, blah...

The King is naturally gregarious. I don't know Bhutan's culture as regards women.

Please do not put words into my mouth. I just said she did not smile much even in official pictures!! And it is the truth. When did I say that she looks sad and unhappy?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
... I just said she did not smile much even in official pictures!! And it is the truth...

That is not true.
Proof ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Try to think about the cultural differences of the European and Bhutanese people -- before -- making so quick conclusions, if you please.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Commoner

Article Kongen fik sin unge studine - Royale - BT.dk

And pictures from BT from the wedding Se de fantastiske billeder: Bryllup i Bhutan | www.bt.dk
Old 10-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal couple's kiss

Bhutanese royal couple King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck kisses the Queen Jetsun Pema during a ceremony at the main stadium in Thimphu in Bhutan on October 15, 2011.

**Pic** - Getty

Bhutan's newly-wed royal couple get a rousing welcome in Thimpu - World - DNA

Bhutan Royal Couple to Honeymoon in the 'Incredible State of India' (Photos)
Old 10-15-2011, 06:29 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Notice the delicate embroidery and clothes worn at the wedding,I loved every detail of the ceremony!I wonder if the bright shade of yellow worn by the king holds any special (religious) meaning or if he just chose it because he likes the colour?
It was indeed lovely! The yellow is the colour of the monarchy in Bhutan. The yellow in the Bhutanese flag represents the king, and the orange is for the robes worn by the monks. So many gorgeous colours and prints on display.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
...I just said she did not smile much even in official pictures!!
Maybe, but in a somewhat harsh manner that is discordant with the upbeat tone of the thread and of the event itself.
Your words: "looks fierce", "nary a smile", "eye is piercingly sharp", "always seems distant and cold".
To each their own of course, but it's a shame that Shangri-La appears to have passed you by on this most colourful and happy occasion.

v the new Queen
Images have been cropped from much larger pictures and are not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bhutan Queen Ashi Jetsun Pema Oct 2011.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	280444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Queen of Bhutan Oct 2011.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	280509  
Old 10-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wedding joyous celebrations at Thimphu on October 15th, 2011.

daylife gallery
Old 10-16-2011, 04:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi

That is not true.
Proof ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Try to think about the cultural differences of the European and Bhutanese people -- before -- making so quick conclusions, if you please.
You are the one making quick conclusions based on the wedding photos. Go and look at the FB links I posted in the Kingdom of Bhutan in this forum, for photos which shows the King and her visiting places after their engagement, and you tell me how many photos showed her smiling with her people.

Btw, I am from Asia, not Europe.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Another link with photos Mais um casamento real – desta vez, no Butão! | Blog da Hildegard Angel

A beautiful couple indeed.

What are their crowns made of? His, with the raven on top looks like fabric but hers might be enamel
Old 10-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
What are their crowns made of? His, with the crow on top look like fabric but hers might be enamel
I read somewhere hers is made of silk.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Royal Highness

Many beautiful pictures from the wedding,I like the vibrant colours and the couple looks very much in love!I could imagine the bride may be a little bit nervous at the wedding so she doesn´t smile all the time while her husband is more accustomed to the attention and his royal status, therefore he´s more relaxed and smiles more often.She is expected to look flawless all the time and I´m sure she feels that a lot of people are examining her so she wants to make everything right and now that she is married her life will change a lot for sure....it´s always a big step for a girl to get married!