King Hussein & Queen Noor: 1978

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
she was married before and had a child ....
he was married so many times before and had so many children ....that's why, I guess, they were so simple , and had a simple party ...

i didn't know that she was married before, ok for the simplicity, but not in this way imo, i found her really plain in her wedding, when she is actually a so classy lady

Queen Noor participated in a PBS program called "Faces of America" where she talks about her Middle Eastern ancestry. In the last video, she talks about how she met her husband. They first met at a airport reception in 1976 when Hussein was still married to Alia. They courted when she worked at the airport (her father was a big shot in the aviation industry) after Queen Alia.
Queen Noor | Faces of America | PBS

i didn't know that she was married before, ok for the simplicity, but not in this way imo, i found her really plain in her wedding, when she is actually a so classy lady

Her wedding dress was by Christian Dior. In the beginning K.Hussein's secretary had ordered a rather 'heavy' and complicated dress from Dior, London. Two designers of the group had visited Amman to take care of it, but Q.Noor was disappointed when she saw it. She had imagined something simple and elegant for her wedding and showed a photo of an YSL dress she loved to them. She expressed her desire to wear something similar, so the designers copied the YSL dress.:flowers:

(source: Leap of Faith)

I heard that QNoor had a boyfriend and shared even an apartment with him for a while after graduation, but she was not married to him and had no kids with him (or with somebody else before she married KH; the late king has been her only husband for now).
It is well known that the story of the black child was a rumor (to discredit her).

I forgot to mention that the couple got married in Zahran Palace, then Queen Zein's residence. :flowers:

A simple but very beautiful wedding. True love doesn't need more, don't you think? :flowers:

I've said it before and I'll say it again when Queen Noor said," What the late King Hussein and I had that was Magic" she was absolutely right.

rare pix of QN and KH's wed-

:eek: I'm amazed that no one double checked themselves on this article. The wedding in 1976???

Noor's wedding gown is very lovely and elegant, but nothing memorable or amazing for me. I also thought her hairstyle was too casual.

Last edited:
King Hussein & queen Noor`s marriage ceremony:

(23 May 1978) King Hussein of Jordan with his fiancee Lisa Halaby in an informal meeting with the press where he announced his engagement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom