King Baudouin I and Doña Fabiola de Mora y Aragón: 15 December 1960

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her dress was beautiful; Grand Duchess Marie Theresa's was similar also.

Beautiful bride and beautiful wedding. However, I didn't like the hats od pages and bridemaids:)

Yes, Queen Fabiola was a lovely bride. The wedding dress designed by Balenciaga was exquisite. I read in Vogue that Balenciaga had also designed for Queen Fabiola's grandmother. She must have come from a very wealthy family.

Her_Majesty said:
A special wedding page with much information and many beautiful pictures.

Thanks for finding and sharing, HM! Fabiola still is one of my favourite royal brides. Her dress is such a timeless piece, I love it! :flowers:

Doña Fabiola's family

DMR412 said:
Yes, Queen Fabiola was a lovely bride. The wedding dress designed by Balenciaga was exquisite. I read in Vogue that Balenciaga had also designed for Queen Fabiola's grandmother. She must have come from a very wealthy family.

Yes, both her father Don Gonzalo de Mora Fernández Riera del Olmo, Marquess de Casa Riera and Count de Mora as well as her mother Doña Blanca de Aragón y Carillo de Albornoz Barroeta-Aldamar Elio come from families in 'well to do' circumstances.

:flowers:

michelleq said:
Her dress was beautiful; Grand Duchess Marie Theresa's was similar also.

Perhaps Maria Theresa imitated her husband's aunt's dress? I think they both looked beautiful on their special day.

Thank you very much for the information of that wedding page. It really was a very romatic story.

Fabiola and the Duchess of Kent (Miss Katharine Worsley as she was then) were both so totally elegant and classy on their respective wedding days. Probably my two favorite royal brides from the 1960's. Their gowns don't look dated or unflattering even today. Beautiful.:flowers:

It didn't seem like a fairy tale. I WAS a fairy tale!

I am just now discovering this site and this Forum. I don't think I have ever read such a beautiful and moving Royal love story, almost TOO beautiful!

Thanks for the stunning photographs, which I had never seen before. HM Queen Fabiola is on my list of the five most beautiful Gotha/Royal brides of the 20 and early 21st Century!

What collar is King Baudouin wearing ? Its not the Collar of the Order of Leopold, i think since the collar and sash arent wore together usually.

Belgie4Bouwdewijn-Fabiola255.jpg

A collages of this wedding (sorry for my english)

fabi-s-s.jpg

source scans from old mags. Hola, Paris Match, Jours de France, De Post etc

Steven, thank you. I love this couple and I love their wedding...simply beautiful!

Thank you very much Steven, many of these pictures are new to me, and I don' t think I ever saw a picture of Dona Blanca that was this clear!

What collar is King Baudouin wearing ? Its not the Collar of the Order of Leopold, i think since the collar and sash arent wore together usually.

I read in Paris Match that it was the collar of Isabella the Catholic

Balduine and Fabiola had yet passed to the eternity like a example of couple, an example of loveling couple. From here in Spain, we are so proud of Fabiola. She is, like also Balduine, the essence of Majesty.

i have red that Spanish Royal Family had planned married the Infanta Pilar with Balduine and was prepared a meet with him. Queen Victoria Eugene tolk with Pilar before the met and advise her go with two or three discreet ladys, and one of them were Fabiola.

Iread that story too Pelayo, they met in geneva I think, at the villa of Queen Ena. Other stories say that there was a nun from Ireland that brought the two together.

I have about five books on the Royal couple, and all of them refer to Veronica O' Brien as a nun. She was introduced to the young King in March 1960 by Leo Josef Suenens, Cardinal of Belgium.

Balduine and Fabiola had yet passed to the eternity like a example of couple, an example of loveling couple. From here in Spain, we are so proud of Fabiola. She is, like also Balduine, the essence of Majesty.

i have red that Spanish Royal Family had planned married the Infanta Pilar with Balduine and was prepared a meet with him. Queen Victoria Eugene tolk with Pilar before the met and advise her go with two or three discreet ladys, and one of them were Fabiola.

The Royal couple kept a holiday home in Andalucia, southern Spain. It was named Villa Astrida. King Baudouin thought of Spain as his adopted country and Queen Fabiola thought of Belgium as HER adopted country.

They are unique among Royal couples for the steadfast love and devotion they displayed toward one another and to the Belgians, despite many heartaches and setbacks. I have never read even one rumor of infidelity or scandal attached to them.

I know that there is no such thing as a perfect marriage but Baudouin and Fabiola came as close to having that as any couple I have ever heard of, Royal or otherwise.

I have about five books on the Royal couple, and all of them refer to Veronica O' Brien as a nun. She was introduced to the young King in March 1960 by Leo Josef Suenens, Cardinal of Belgium.

You're right, it's my error. However, the Legion of Mary is a laic association.

Back
Top Bottom