King Abdullah of Jordan and Queen Rania: 10 June 1993

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
emily62_1 said:
what do u think of QR's wed dress ? I like it.
Sort of, when I look at the individual details (the buckle, the collar, the fabric...) I don't like it. But when I look at it as a whole, I like it. I like the image it creates, if that makes sense. :)

Alicky said:
Sort of, when I look at the individual details (the buckle, the collar, the fabric...) I don't like it. But when I look at it as a whole, I like it. I like the image it creates, if that makes sense. :)

yes, it does and it suits her wonderfully, her waist was so tiny, gosh.....

amina1 said:
WOW!!
Princess Salma looks really pretty! She's only 4 and PIman is 8 and Salma looks more mature than her!

Who is Princess Salma, Who are her parents?? And which one is she in the pictures?:confused: :confused: :confused:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Rania wore two different dresses. The sleeveless dress is a different one altogether. She had two different receptions, just like Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor did. There's a thread in the wedding forum.

You're right! I always thought it was the same dress but on closer inspection that isn't the case.

I think the one without a jacket is nicer, but aren't we all glad the 90's are over!:D
Well Done, you've got a good eye!!

Personally I thought the wedding overall was tacky, Rania's dress, hair and make-up were all terrible! I suppose you could blame it on the fact that it was 1993(1994?) and fashions were pretty different then but personally the entire wedding seems very ostentatious and over the top.

I didn't like the wedding dress. Rania is probably the most beautul royal in the world but the dress and the hairstyle didn't make her justice. And with that hair she looks much taller than Abdullah and it doesn't look nice.

reeda2000 said:
look to the last foto QR MUM AND dad next to princess muna

Seems that also QR's mother look changed and followed the change of her daughter's position;) ,she also lost weight and had a mekover:D

About the wedding,I don't like both the two dresses worn by Rania.
The golden embroiderery,the fabric and the wide cut plus the huge tacky belt, make them looking tacky and cheap quality,I know it was the early 90's but,more simplicity would have been much better and elegant.

I also don't like the hairdos,the first one looks like a skyskeaper,which makes the bride funny besides the kind of short groom,and the second one deosn't make it with the kind of cheap golden flowers.

Ick. Rania is a beautiful woman with great style, but she didn't look good at this wedding. It's probably because it was the 90's, but still...ick!

i liked what is the king wearing , he really looked good

Thanks a lot steven, these are new for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
QR and KA looked so happy on their wedding day. QR was beautiful in her wedding dress. Thanks a lot, Steven.:)

her dress had an average cut, i don't like especially the sleeves and I don't like at all the gold embroideries

And what about the awful short jacket with the sleeves or that funny bun? :ermm: It looks as if someone forced Rania to wear this...thing. What a pity - it's such an important day and the photos are always there to remind you of your bad choices...:cool:

I don't think I like the headpiece. : P

Bruce Oldfield, the designer who made Queen Rania's dress, talks briefly about his experience and the wedding in his autobiography. He was inspired to make the gold embroidery on Rania's dress by Syrian designs that he saw at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. He also made the outfit for the wedding reception afterwards. He talks about the fact that Queen Rania's hairdo was so high, she had problems getting into the car LOL.

He describes the Hashemites as always very friendly, warm and courteous. It's only a brief 2 page description but I found it very insightful.

He was one of the designers cuz I thought Ellie Sag I think his name is designed the queen 1st dress:ermm:

I really enjoy seeing QR's wedding dress choices as well as the commentary on them. My own $0.02:

I don't think early 90s fashion is to blame though for those wedding dresses looking unappealing. While minimalism wasn't in full swing yet, the early 90s weren't that bad fashionwise. The fashion was conservative, but not over the top.

I think the reasons QR's wedding dresses are misses is because she apparently couldn't decide on a specific look. It's like she wanted to be the fantasy ballgown princess and the sleek sex siren all in one (or rather several) gowns. Hence, the embroidery is both bold and somehow weirdly understated. The gowns are revealing and yet not at all. Etc, etc. If she had stuck to one look for one gown and another look for the second, she would have looked much pulled together and chic. Instead, she tried to have both ways with both gowns and she looked crazy and out of place.

I am intrigued she used Bruce Oldfield though to design her wedding dresses. I would have thought she would have used a Mid-Eastern designer(s).

Back
Top Bottom