The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The King,Queen,Infanta Elena ,Don Jaime de Marichalar and his mother the late Dowager Countess of Ripalda,March 1995.

http://estatico.vozpopuli.com/imagen...io-en-2010.jpg

Old 08-28-2016, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Someone uploaded the coverage of the wedding (4 hours-long) to Youtube, I think it's worth-watching.

I think this was the most gorgeous out of the three Spanish royal weddings. Perhaps because I really love Seville, but the joy and the colours and the sunlight were amazing that day. Andthe sceanary (that cathedral!), and all the guests (hard to tell it was not the wedding of a heir!). I was 3 at the moment tough, so my perception comes from seeing videos afterwards However, I remember it was a big deal, first royal wedding in Spain in almost a century.

There are some parts of the video I really like.

At 0:50:30 the Countess of Barcelona going through Sevilla's street on horse carriage and received with great flamenco-rythmed applause from the crowds.

Great footage too of the royals through the ceremony, especially striking the line of heirs at 1:18:56: Albert, Victoria, Willem-Alexander, Haakon? and Philippe. Farah Diba and Charles at 1:17:34. How young they all look!

Old 08-28-2016, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

It was my favourite of the 3 siblings weddings,its sad to see so many faces no longer with us like the Countess of Barcelona,the Countess of Ripalda ,the aunts of king Juan Carlos .
Old 08-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I have watched it in full live. It was a great wedding very touching. The bride walking to the church with her father, very nice. King Juan Karlos very emotionnated very human. It was not a King just a father.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

It is also my favourite of the three recent spanish Weddings. The very beautiful weather the Royal Family and the bride walking over a long red carpet to the great Cathedral and all the spanish ladies with their mantillas.
Have wAtched but they only started to broadcast after the arrival of the groom so this is the first time that i can see the that the Countess of Barcelona drrove in a carriage to the Cathedral. Does anyone know who is the lady in green with her? When she entered the Cathedral she is in the background and also the Countess sister Esperanza with her husband.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Muchas Gracias! Thank you for posting the video of Elena and Jaime's wedding. I'd only seen snippets of the footage before. I agree that there was something extra special regarding the sunlight and setting for their wedding day. It was fun to see the then heirs to the throne who are now their nation's monarchs and a bit sad to see those who have passed on.

Both parents seem to be bursting with pride as they walked through the courtyard of the cathedral accompanied by their daughter and son that day.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It is also my favourite of the three recent spanish Weddings. The very beautiful weather the Royal Family and the bride walking over a long red carpet to the great Cathedral and all the spanish ladies with their mantillas.
Have wAtched but they only started to broadcast after the arrival of the groom so this is the first time that i can see the that the Countess of Barcelona drrove in a carriage to the Cathedral. Does anyone know who is the lady in green with her? When she entered the Cathedral she is in the background and also the Countess sister Esperanza with her husband.
Yes I was wondering who she was too,perhaps she was a cousin of the Countess?

I felt so sorry for doña Maria Zurita who had the job of fixing Infanta Elena's very long train.

The grooms late mother the Dowager Countess of Ripalda looked very elegant.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes//famoso...n-saenz1-z.jpg
Old 08-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes I was wondering who she was too,perhaps she was a cousin of the Countess?

I felt so sorry for doña Maria Zurita who had the job of fixing Infanta Elena's very long train.

The grooms late mother the Dowager Countess of Ripalda looked very elegant.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes//famoso...n-saenz1-z.jpg
Could the lady with the Countess of Barcelöona perhaps be her other sister Princess Dolores? She was still alvie then.
I agree that Maria Zurita had a difficult job with Infanta Elena's long train and veil specially as the way from the Alcazar to the Catrhedral was not straight but went on many corners.
But it seems they learned as at Infanta Cristina's Wedding and at Felipe and Letizia's Wedding there where more then one person in charge of the train.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes it could be Princess María de los Dolores of Bourbon-Two Sicilies she died the year after the wedding .
Old 08-30-2016, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness

The dress seems to drown Elena... and I tried to watch a video of them today, and was disconcerted at the way they seemed to be tlakign rather a lot..

Tags
elena, infanta elena, jaime de marichalar, seville, wedding