Infanta Cristina of Spain & Iñaki Urdangarin / October 4, 1997

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elsa M. said:
I don't think that's accurate at all... Infanta Elena's wedding was HUGE and it was attended by representatives of 42 royal houses from around the world... we just may have perhaps less photographs, since it took in 1995 and, at that time, photo agencies didn't store their photos online...
what I meant is that a lot of actual Rulers and CrownPrinces showed up at Cristina's wedding unlike Elena's where a lot of "normal" Princes were (I'm not saying there wasn't representation, I'm talking about the guests' rank):cool:

Please correct me if I'm miskaken:flowers:

crisiñaki said:
what I meant is that a lot of actual Rulers and CrownPrinces showed up at Cristina's wedding unlike Elena's where a lot of "normal" Princes were (I'm not saying there wasn't representation, I'm talking about the guests' rank):cool:

Please correct me if I'm miskaken:flowers:

I think it is not true. How Elsa says, to the being more years ago there can be fewer images. But the wedding of the Infanta Elena was more important than the wedding of the Infanta Cristina, it was the first wedding of an Infanta in Spain in decades, and the first wedding of a daughter of the King Juan Carlos. In both weddings there are presences and absences. For example, the Kings of Norway and Sweden, came to the wedding of the Infanta Cristina, but not to that of Elena. Nevertheless to that of Elena there came the Queen Beatrix of Netherlands and the Queen Paola of Belgium that did not come to that of Cristina.

It is difficult to know in that wedding the guests were more important.
In case of the wedding of the Infanta Elena, there were two guests, who are not very frequent and that sure are guests wished in any royal wedding.The Sultan of Brunei, that in one of the monarches who more years goes in the throne and the Prince of Wales.
The Prince of Wales, which is not in the habit of coming to these events, went to the wedding of Elena whereas to the wedding of the Infanta Cristina there travelled the Prince Edward.

lula said:
The Prince of Wales, which is not in the habit of coming to these events, went to the wedding of Elena whereas to the wedding of the Infanta Cristina there travelled the Prince Edward.
It is true Prince Charles usually does not attends weddings of Princess and Princesses, but he usually comes to the weddings of the heirs, he was in Pavlos and MArie Chantals, Philippe and Mathildes, Haakon and Mette-Marit, Willem Alexander and Maxima (2 days) and Felipe and Letizia, the only Crown Prince wedding he did not attend, was Frederik and Mary. So he is not such a bad sport at attending weddings IMO. Elenas wedding was though very special, beeing the first royal wedding for so many years in Spain (and in beautiful Seville, it is a pitty Felipe and Letizia could not have married there as well)

Some more photos, from Hola:

I found this link which talks about some of the journalist's impressions on this wedding:

http://www.lasemana.es/030/opi.html

Translation:

The Aim and the Means: Real wedding in BCN

Antonio Burgos.- Barcelona, 2; Seville, 1. The TVE.
My countrymen can try to kill me and make me run by the Sierpes street and by all the itinerary that was crossed that day of March on Doña Elena's horse. But I must recognize that if Barcelona has been the scene of the second wedding of an Infanta of Spain in the juancarlismo and Seville was the scene of first, both numbers serve to us as score of the regal weddings of the Crown, that is established thus: Barcelona, 2; Seville, 1. Barcelona
beats the Sevillian Betis the Cup of the King and the Cup of the weddings of his Royal daughters. The Urdangarín Wedding has resulted so well, that not only has finished being the wedding of Doña Cristina, but that I believe that until they are going to play the Cup of Europe of the Royal Weddings, the Cup of Champions of Pushes to the Monarchies after the firecracker of the House of Windsor.
The comparison is necessary to do it not only in the space, but also in the time. One does not forget that Diana happened this way, by the European crowns. Without the burial of Diana the wedding of Barcelona wouldn't have been the huge sucess of critic and public it was. I do not know if they paid attention, but even the interior of the Cathedral of BCN looked a little disguised of Westminster. They only lacked the little screens of the choir. And the burial of Diana passed like a gale, by the European Monarchies. To Seville they sent low-ranking members of the houses. To BCN were all kings of European Union, on foot of work, winning pay, because they have learned that is to say that the people do not forgive when the Royals do not fulfill, would lose the sense of smell of by where the winds of the popular will go. In BCN there were 40 real houses. In Seville, the sultán of Brunei was the most regal you can see in the TV. Certain that, with the object of the sacramental ceremony, the cities were a pretext. Cathedral of SVQ or Cathedral of BCN, gives the same. A set, because the true temple was the television screen. monsignor Carles did not marry Doña Cristina. Doña Cristina, like Doña Elena, were married by Pilar Miró, mediatic priestess who has invented a new liturgical rite. Just as mozárabe is a rite and isidoriano is a rite, is TVE a rite.

The Real House of Urdangarín. ABC
Nor the one of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, that that the pure-blooded, when Spain looked for King in the XIX, translated it like “ole, ole, if they choose me”. Nor the one of Sajonia-Coburgo-Gotha. Nor the one of Windsor, liquidation by demolition. Nor the one of Grimaldi, that is less than it dispatches in Real House. I assure you that the best Real House, that one whose members better TV image gave in the ceremony celebrated by monseñora Miró, the one that better saluted, the one of best fachones of the ladies, the one of pamelas better taken, the one of chaqués better positions, was the Real House of Urdangarín. You watch: I had and issue with the kid of the ball and the chándal. But as soon as that I saw his mother,
Doña Claire Liebaert getting down the car, with far more aspect of Queen than the Doña Sofía herself, and to her son waving to the people who maintains the Monarchies far better that the own Prince of Asturias, with more grace, style and affability, what do you want me to say? With the ardor and the fervor of the recently conversed, I say that the best Real House present in BCN was the very noble one, very loyal and very heroic house of Urdangarín. The Marichalar and the Urdangarín, that one is the cruel comparison, non BCN and SVQ. Neither a queen of ruling house with thousands of kilometers of protocol separates the arm from her son the way Doña Claire did so he can offer her it like the protocol says, without varying nor the glance nor the smile. Few ruling houses have a battery of princess with the style and elegance of those Urdangarín girls put in the seats of honor of honor of the church. As far as Don Juan Maria Urdangarín Berriochoa, Arzalluz can say mass if it wants, that nobody remembered him, this one knows how to mark distances.
I am now seeing Iñaki 1 salute, wearing the position and chaqué, to hold emotions and Virgins of the Favor and I remember Joselito the Rooster Joselito was asked about the Dukes of Alba and said: “My house and the one of Alba have always had a good relationship”. Iñaki I of Catalonia and V of Spain can say: “My house and the one of Borbón always have had a good relationship”. Now you can understand that Don Juan Maria said that for the House of Urdangarín this one just another wedding. What do you want me to say?, like the whole of Spain, I have become an Urdangarinista (fan of Urdangarin) and I am gonna have to eat the papers that I wrote of its chándal.

“Barcelona Connection” of the Monarchy. ANTENNA 3
Two by the price of one. Not only it perfected the Operation Autonomies (an
immigrant Infant marries a Basque in Barcelona and crowns the spirit the Constitution), but that the lift that those kids have given to the Monarchy has been huge.. We can be calm. If here, God forbid, one day happens a disaster like in England, we already know who can save the Crown. The “Barcelona Connection” that the Crown started with Doña Cristina and Iñaki is one of the few fit in the century. Didn't they say that the atmosphere was going to be cold, that the Catalans didn't know how to applaud? They would be Andalusian of the ninth province of Cornellá and Hospitalet, but they called Doña Cristina "guapa" and they shouted like crazy people before a moor King dressed like for the cavalcade of the 6 of January... And I won't even speak of the outcry of Stroll of Grace and Diagonal. With that car that stayed discovered all the Diagonal until Pedralbes many things have been discovered. That the spirit of Diana went this way, and that people loves the popular pull of the Royal people who have it. The one of hours that Doña Cristina has thrown in Barcelona they have demonstrated that it can receive trienniums in its particular collective agreement with the people, and nothing can I say of the popularity of Urdangarín. He is taller than the Prince de Asturias, blonder than the Prince de Asturias, with the eyes bluer than the Prince de Asturias, salutes better than the Prince de Asturias and we do not have to look for a fiancèe for him like we have to do for the Prince de Asturias, because he found it himself..
When, finished the wedding, they climbed in the Rolls de Franco and the horses from the Real Guard arrived, I thought that we were going to remember to the repressive one of the Catalan culture, and to throw in lack to the Moor
Guard. Both kids together could even with the memory of Franco that. lizard, lizard, encourage in the origins of this juancarlista Monarchy that forgot the Count of Barcelona in the BCN wedding. If tomorrow they make a survey on popularity of the Monarchy, the high indices of acceptance will not be due to the bad face that the King had in the ceremony but to the Infanta of... the House of Urdangarín. Don Felipe de Borbón arrived at the Cathedral, and people began to shout “Felipe, Felipe...!". Something was happening with “Barcelona Conection”. That in the Barcelona of the 11 of September they acclaim a Borbón that in top of everything is called Felipe, they will not deny that it has merit. Merit that there is to aim at Doña Cristina and Iñaki. This 4 of October it has seemed me 14 of April the other way around. Barcelona went to sleep republican, with butifarras of Pounding Rahola and independentistas flags in the Sagrada Family and woke up a monarchist thanks to that young lady who works in the Caixa...

Last edited:
The last part:

The wedding like fact differential. THE VANGUARD
The obnoxious comparisons have been the most disgusting topic about the wedding. BCN or SVQ? In Seville, it was the topic of the Andalusians painted by themselves, saves rociera, cars of horses, “how gorgeous you are, my weapon”... In BCN, it has been the topic of the Catalans painted by themselves. They love the perpetuation of their topics. You put a Royal wedding in Seville and is a subject of Spain. You put a Royal wedding in Catalonia and differential becomes a fact immediately. Topics of the fact differential. For example: as we are thus, in Viladrau we left the calm fiancès, enjoying its privacy. As we are thus, we did not touch the palms as they touched them in Seville. As we are thus, we make a long
route , 7 kilometers, because this is a great city. As we are thus, at the time of rumba, rumbita of the goodbye as a single person we must matter to the Andalusians of “Always thus”. “Always like this”, good motto for the differential fact of the wedding. Ah, and marching one topic of the Catalan bourgeoisie. Pamelas as opposed to mantillas. Nor single mantilla. Nor the pure-blooded Cayetana went of mantilla. If in Seville nothing else that aristocracy was Andalusian, in BCN only members of the Catalan bourgeoisie, the aristocracy of the money and the Gotha of the bag. Of Cayetana (of Alba) to Layetana (Via). Here we are the sobriety, the elegance, the spacing. In Seville, you know, was no a single industralist in the wedding, all large estate owners. Here, you to our aristocracy, our nobility of supermarket gondola there have, whose large estates are the great commercial surfaces. That is to say: there they are the Duke of the Tail Cao, the Duke of the Caixa, the Duke of the Natural Gas, the Duke of Fomento of the Work; the counts of the Lavanda de Puig, the Chamfers of Núñez, Fecsa and the Radiators Rock... There, the Marquesses of Cordorniú and Freixenet, vizconde of the Tower (he harvests 94) and the baron of the Titanlux. The only one not there was the Princess of Porcelanosa.

------------------//-------------------------//--------------------///-------------

done with the translation, I did the best I could :blush:
what do you think about it?

The Couple and the enitre FAmily looked wonderful, on that beautiful Sunny Day :flowers:

Totally agree with you Roshanah!:flowers:

And just to show you guys how much I love you:lol:, I found some sweet HQ pics of this fab wedding (you can find 47 pics in the site, but I'll only post 10 ;) ) Enjoy!

Last edited:
What is the website, sis?

Thanks in advance :flowers:

Ohhhhhh, this is absolutely wonderful, Crisiñaki! Thank you so very much!
Can you give us the address of the site, please, please, please! :)

Christina was absolutely stunning on her big day.

Last edited:
Thanksss sis!!!! Cristina is wonderful in this pictures !!!

Only 2 words:

-WOW! for the pictures!
and
-a big THANK YOU!:flowers: crisiñaki!!

They're simply stunning!

Thanks crisiñaki!! for your great pictures!!

Could you tell me which of the bridemaids is Teodora of Grecee ,please, and wich of then is the daughter of Ana Urdangarin.

:) Marcela

Thanks Crisiñaki, the bridemaids and the pajes were all beutiful, specially Arola Urdangarin ,I love the wedding, is my all time favorite.

:flowers: Marcela

A small video of the wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfFIH5Kr5-g

This was one of the biggest moments in spain's story of the last 50 years and it was shown in TVE's special

Gotta love the way he looks at her!:wub::wub::wub:

And one more thing: when he greets her, did he say I love you?, I wanna know whether my eyes are tricking me or not!:wub:

Last edited:
thanks Elsa for the pics!:flowers:
What would Felipe and Elena be possibly talking about?
Elena: well, Cris tied the knot, it's your turn to find a wife
Felipe: what, I can't hear you
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

crisiñaki said:
A small video of the wedding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfFIH5Kr5-g

This was one of the biggest moments in spain's story of the last 50 years and it was shown in TVE's special

Gotta love the way he looks at her!:wub::wub::wub:

And one more thing: when he greets her, did he say I love you?, I wanna know whether my eyes are tricking me or not!:wub:

'This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.' :sad:

This is the message I got when I tried to watch the video, can it be seen anywhere else?

crisscross1 said:
'This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.' :sad:

This is the message I got when I tried to watch the video, can it be seen anywhere else?
I haven't found it again, I'm sorry:sad::sad:

The wedding invitations:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/Cris%20New%20Pics/invitacion1.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/Cris%20New%20Pics/invitacion2.jpg
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/Cris%20New%20Pics/invitacion3.jpg

The wedding's "symbol" :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o39/dagmarnat/Cris%20New%20Pics/logotipoboda.jpg

(that's Barcelona's shield, with the word congratulations written in Castilian, Catalan and Euskera)

(EFE via Newscom)

Last edited:
Can that man be any more gorgeous? :ohmy:
Cristina is a lucky woman :wub:

crisscross1 said:
Can that man be any more gorgeous? :ohmy:
Cristina is a lucky woman :wub:

I think many would consider Inaki to be equally lucky ;). I've seen few couples who truly enjoy each others' company so much.

Once again, crisiñaki, thanks for these wonderful pictures.:flowers:

It's the fist time I notice the bridesmaids'attire! Nice ones!!I like the red touch!!!

Back
Top Bottom