Infanta Cristina of Spain & Iñaki Urdangarin / October 4, 1997

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

source: Hola magazine

The wedding

source: Hola magazine (in this issue)

Last edited:
Infanta Cristina asking her father’s permission

Who watches her gesture with emotion and tears in his eyes

Doña Cristina offered her wedding bouquet to The Virgin of Merced, patron of Barcelona.

Group Photo

With parents and brothers

Photos from the Wedding Banquet

Thank you all for your kind words.
Thank you very much :) Elsa for all your precious help.
I hope all of you to enjoy this wedding as much as I did and still do.
For me, Infanta Cristina is the epythome of an elegant bride. No detail overshadows other details.
I apologise if in this long posting I made some mistakes in the legends or whatsoever.
Moderators have, all the time, my posts at their disposal to proceed in which way they consider it necessary. :)
Regards to you all.
mtbcm :)

Thank you so much for all the work you've put in this thread, T.!
(Now my personal album has substancially increased! ;) )

You've made a terrific job, once again! :)

Thank you so much for these scans, mtbcm....
They are all lovely...

Simply beautiful. Princess Cristina is one of my favorite Royals.

Princess Christinas grandmother was Maria Las Mercedes photo group,she sitting and blue dress. She was 87 year och happy his grandchildrens wedding 1997.Countess Maria was married Count Juan death 1993,he father to king Juan Carlos born 1938 married queen Sophia. She was grandmother and great-grandmother to Princess Christinas oldest son.She death in january 2000.Countess Maria was love in royal family of Spain and childrens wedding,grandchildrens wedding.

i remember in her wedding that she took out 2 flowers of her bouquet to give to Inaki inside the cathedral.

Does anybody have the video of the wedding in their computer? I would be very thankful if any of you could post it at rapidshare.de or something like that!!!

Mtbcm was so kind as to scan this old article from Hola:

http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18mw1.jpg

The veil that Infanta Cristina shone on her wedding day has already been given back to the national museum of anthropology. Pedro Manuel Berges, director of the Museum says: "The Royal House paid all the restoration expenses”. The veil, which was used by Queen Maria Cristina of Habsburg on her wedding day, was bought by the Museum in 1981 for 200 000 pesetas and now it could worth many millions.

Pedro Manuel Berges:
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=28uq1.jpg

Photo of the veil:
http://img117.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38iw.jpg

After being used by Doña Cristina, the veil has returned to its place of origin, and there we were able to speak with Pedro Manuel Berges Soriano, director of the Museum.
- Has Infanta Cristina at any moment seen it?
- No, she did not come, but I sent some photos through her adviser, so she could make a perfect idea of how the veil would like.

- What was the state of the veil by then?
- At that moment, it was not possible to be used, because it had the tul ragged. The embroiders were perfect, but the tul was at its very last stage. We agreed that the Royal House would recover the veil. They asked me how much it would cost and I said that it would reach a million pesetas as top. And the Royal House agreed to pay this amount.

- Which is the history of this veil?
- It was ordered by the archduchess of Austria for the wedding of her daughter, Maria Cristina to Alfonso XII. Between Queen Maria Cristina and Infanta Cristina the veil was also used by one queen and two infantas. On May 13th, 1906 Victoria Eugenia de Wattemberg married Alfonso XIII. When the nuptial courtship (with the kings in cart) was passing by Calla Mayor, the well-known assault took place. The royal couple was unharmed, but the veil underwent some damages that were immediately restored.

http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=47db.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for all the beautiful photos, Infanta Cristina looked stunning on her wedding day.

thanks for the photos, i'm glad they still look so happy.

A lot of royals went to Infanta Cristina's wedding, quite strange for someone who (at the time) was third in the succesion line, there were more guests than at her sister's wedding
anyone knows why?

A few photos, from Australian Picture Library:

crisiñaki said:
A lot of royals went to Infanta Cristina's wedding, quite strange for someone who (at the time) was third in the succesion line, there were more guests than at her sister's wedding
anyone knows why?

I don't know why, but she is my favorite of the Spanish Royal Family. She and her husband just seem to "Fit".

crisiñaki said:
anyone knows why?
I don't think that's accurate at all... Infanta Elena's wedding was HUGE and it was attended by representatives of 42 royal houses from around the world... we just may have perhaps less photographs, since it took in 1995 and, at that time, photo agencies didn't store their photos online...

Just looking back at the pictures again...so lovely and they really are a most perfect couple

Back
Top Bottom