HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stéphanie de Lannoy: Civil Wedding - Oct 19, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The genuine loving warmth and charm that flowed between Guillaume and Stéphanie as well as to those around them today was so beautiful to watch. I am completely smitten!!

The sight of the two of them kneeling so unselfconsciously in the street-in their wedding clothes! to interact with the small children who had drawn pictures for them made me melt-beautiful! :whistling:

I was surprised at how natural and relaxed Stephanie was with the crowds, by the way-she seemed in her element today.

I adored the little looks and giggles between them during their civil ceremony! :p

What a couple, if they were not my favorites before today they certainly are now!

As an elementary French speaker, am I right in thinking the civil ceremony officiant switched between French and Luxembourgish? It sounded like he spoke French to Guillaume when asking if he'd "take" Stephanie but spoke Lux. to Stephanie when asking her.

lancchick, that is exactly what hapened. Xavier Bettel read Guillaume's vows to him in French and Gui reponded yes-"oui"....he repeated with Stephanie in Luxembougish and she answered yes-"jo".

I thought it was unusual and I liked it! :)

It may be of interest that the mayor who performed the wedding, Xavier Bettel is openly gay.

Meraude said:
It may be of interest that the mayor who performed the wedding, Xavier Bettel is openly gay.

Very nice! A nice nod to equality and how many strides have been made in recent years to ensure equal rights for gay people. Lovely.

The sight of the two of them kneeling so unselfconsciously in the street-in their wedding clothes! to interact with the small children who had drawn pictures for them made me melt-beautiful! :whistling:

by the way-she seemed in her element today.

I adored the little looks and giggles between them during their civil ceremony! :p

I couldn't have said it better myself. ! :flowers:

It was simply perfect, adorable, loving, fun. "In her element" is exactly the way to describe Stephanie.

Moonmaiden23 said:

I was surprised at how natural and relaxed Stephanie was with the crowds, by the way-she seemed in her element today.

What a couple, if they were not my favorites before today they certainly are now!

Indeed! You've captured my thoughts!

Thank you for sharing, Stefan! :flowers:
I really liked reading about your experience in Luxembourg, and seeing the pictures (you were pretty close to the Grand Ducal family).

One year later the situation is already different, there are four unmarried Heirs in the most known royal houses:

Norway
Prince Haakon Magnus (married)

Sweden
Princess Victoria (married)

Denmark
Prince Frederik (married)

The United Kingdom
Prince Charles (married)

The Netherlands
Princess Catharina-Amalia (unmarried)

Belgium
Princess Elizabeth (unmarried)