HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg & Stéphanie de Lannoy: Religious Wedding - Oct 20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering but am I correct in assuming Stéphanie wore her mothers ring on the small white-gold necklace ?

I was wondering but am I correct in assuming Stéphanie wore her mothers ring on the small white-gold necklace ?

I believe it was the ring she wore on her middle finger on the left hand. Her engagement ring was on her right hand (ring finger) and Guillaume put the wedding band on her left hand ring finger.

Stéphany is an old royal school lady. Her hands are very gracious, she takes control of her emotions and only uses her eyes to express them. I was surprised seeing her live images. She looks prettier "in action". There is an appeal that I had not seen before.
I liked everything about the wedding. Well done Louxemburg!

cant wait to see pictures from the wedding ball, the bride's cake, and official pictures and portraits.
i think we've got pictures of all european heirs cutting their wedding cakes, so i hope we get a chance to see a picture (i dont recall Mathilde's however)

cmbruno said:
. I was surprised seeing her live images. She looks prettier "in action". There is an appeal that I had not seen before.
I liked everything about the wedding. Well done Louxemburg!
It is exactly what came to my mind when i saw 2min from the civil ceremony. In pics i thought that she was nothing special, but while moving she has a real charm and aura!

Hope you have enjoyed the Royal wedding. Excellent and melodious music.

I forgot to comment on the music. It was a great pleasure! I'm jealous of Catholic religious ceremonies, their music alone is really something. I even envy their funerals, Mozart & Haydn's Requiems are so magnificent! :D :flowers:

The wedding gown of Princess Stephanie was beautiful. She looked beautiful. I didn't get to see the wedding but saw pictures of the wedding. Liked MT outfit.

NoorMeansLight said:
Thank you very much for this! :flowers:
But now I can't help but wondering: how did the Bourbon-Parma title come up? Does anyone know?

Because Felix of Bourbon-Parma married Charlotte the Grand -Duchess of Luxemburg -the great-grandmother of Guillaume. Felix was a brother of Empress Zita of Austria. Try wikipedia under FELIX OF BOURBON-PARMA.

it was beautiful wedding ceremony,the bride gown was one the best royal brides.
i loooved all the royal ladies with their hats so lovely to watch.

Applauses at a wedding are very strange. This was a long, long and quite boring wedding. A lot of love from Guillaume's side, not so much from Stephanie's. Maria Teresa seemed very moved.

not at all actually. In Italy we do it all the time, and we do it right after the end of the exchanging of the vows, when the priest declare that the bride and the groom are husband and wife.
Being Catholic, I'm used to that. We have the possibilty to have a wedding service outside the mass, but it's really uncommon. And I can tell you that this was a "nice" mass, pretty quick actually and enjoyable.
I can understand that for those who are not Catholic can be quite tough, especially because they probably don't get many of the things that happen during the mass, or why we do them. But I think MT and the spouses (I'm sure they arranged the wedding together LOL) did a great joy to make sure the whole ceremony was flowing and not at all boring.
For example I found Felipe and Letizia's wedding more boring than this one.

Anyway, does someone know why some of the musics (the Alleluija before the Gospel and the song during the communion) were in Italian? Any particular reason or just a matter of musical taste?

Random thought: Princess Tessy looked very much pregnant with that dress!!!

Last edited:
The one-minute silence, at the beginning of the ceremony, for Stephanie's mother, who passed away recently, was so touching! It really brought tears to my eyes.

It was a wonderful ceremony, I enjoyed it so much! The church is magnificent!

May I ask this here: What is Stephanie's full title now? Will Guillaume add a title upon his marriage? Thanks! :flowers:

It really is emotional for the famiy when something like that is done.. especially with a recent death. When my son married, both the bride and her mother lit a remembrance candle for her father before she got to the altar. As soon as it was lit, it started to sprinkle, then rain. As the wedding was outdoors under a small gazebo, everyone had to crowd around the bride and groom for the ceremony. My daughter-in-law still insists that it was her dad wanting it to be a very close wedding and he was there with her.

I imagine that moment was very emotional for the de Lennoy family.

I had trouble watching the wedding on the computer due to connection problems but then I was able to watch the wedding Live on my Ipod Touch which was great.

I thought HGD Stephanie looked very beautiful. Guillaume looked so happy to see his bride arrive at the alter. Good luck to them both.

not at all actually. In Italy we do it all the time, and we do it right after the end of the exchanging of the vows, when the priest declare that the bride and the groom are husband and wife.

We do it in Ireland too. It adds gaiety to the ceremony. It can also help to ease any nervous tension that weddings can sometimes bring. :flowers:

could it be that Stéphanie wore the same earrings Maria Teresa wore at her wedding? They look very similar to me, but I can't find a close up picture of MT's wedding to confirm

Thought the same thing... the DM is obsessed by the taxpayers money, even the non british one...

And they didn't even report this correctly. They noted Stephanie's father walked her down the aisle.

We do it in Ireland too. It adds gaiety to the ceremony. It can also help to ease any nervous tension that weddings can sometimes bring. :flowers:

We clap at weddings in the US too. Well, every wedding I've been to.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it was a beautiful traditional catholic service. They chose beautiful music.
Stephanie looked very concentrated. The moments her mother was mentioned were very emontional. Guillaume seems very very happy with his bride.

I notice she has her wedding bouquet back on the official picture. She gave it away to Our Lady of Luxembourg during the mass.

Last edited:
Missed seeing the ceremony live as I was away on holiday and only got back this afternoon. But there has been so much to see on this thread that I don't feel that I have missed too much. :flowers: Thanks to all those who have put up links to pictures, etc. I don't think you can compare weddings - each one has its own ethos. I thought Guillaume looked very smart in his uniform, as did Stephanie's brother, who gave her away. Although S is not conventionally beautiful, she is sweet and charming, and managed well on her first showing on the international stage.

I was a bit concerned at first, when I was looking at the pictures of yesterday's gala, that there was no representation from the British Royal Family, as the two RFs are actually pretty friendly (from World War II). However, I was delighted to see that Edward and Sophie were at the wedding. (The Queen and Prince Charles practically never go to European functions, nor do Prince Andrew and The Princess Royal). It would be nice to see the Cambridges and Prince Harry attending these weddings, etc., but William and Harry are both in the military and so can't be available, and probably Catherine doesn't want to attend on her own.

Back
Top Bottom