HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg & Stéphanie de Lannoy: Religious Wedding - Oct 20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stephanie must be under a lot of pressure especially with all the royals attending, live tv event and all the photographers. She hardly has been in the public eye with all focus on her. She must be thinking of a million different things and her mother not being there must also be very difficult.

Personally I think she is doing great. I don't believe she needs to show more emotions than she is now. I believe the more emotions they show becomes to look fake and a show to me.

Hallelujah chorus! Awesome.

Please guys, don't compare. Luxembourg, their royal family are so private and so quiet I think everything we'e got today has been a treat for us all. Sweden, their family, Victoria and Daniel have been through a lot and they've been in the public eye for years prior to marriage.

Completely different circumstance, completely different couples.

This for me personally, has been the most romantic wedding i've seen of royals. However I never saw V&D's.

Indeed, Prince Daniel underwent a Kidney Transplant in May 2009.
And I was able to watch their wedding live too. :wub:

Congrats to the newly wed coupled ! Wish them enjoy their happiness of marriage

Its a pity the train of the dress (I think would be too heavy) would be carried. I would like to see the effect of it as she walks.

Did they come out of a side door ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally found the entire occasion to have been beautifully performed. To me it has been distinctly Luxembourgish and thankfully so. For it's size, I found there to be an atmosphere of real intimacy between hosts and guests; both at the gala banquet yesterday evening and today in the cathedral. It's been grand without having been ostentatious.

Without doubt, Luxembourg is a state of significant majesty and granduer.

Very serious wedding. Such a contrast to the triumphal wedding of the Cambridges.
May they have a wonderful marriage.

The music was great indeed, some pieces very intimate and others very regal.

I think the applause for the bridal couple was weird.

Random thing I noticed, Prince Felix looks pretty good :whistling:

Very serious wedding. Such a contrast to the triumphal wedding of the Cambridges.
May they have a wonderful marriage.

I agree! It was quite serious but then I like that about this wedding. They seem like 2 serious people anyways so it works just fine.

They look very happy :flowers:

Are those Belgian and Luxembourg soldiers? Nice touch!

The music was great indeed, some pieces very intimate and others very regal.

I think the applause for the bridal couple was weird.

Random thing I noticed, Prince Felix looks pretty good :whistling:

I've never seen applause at a wedding.

Applauses at a wedding are very strange. This was a long, long and quite boring wedding. A lot of love from Guillaume's side, not so much from Stephanie's. Maria Teresa seemed very moved.

Applauses at a wedding are very strange. This was a long, long and quite boring wedding. A lot of love from Guillaume's side, not so much from Stephanie's. Maria Teresa seemed very moved.

MT seemed moved the most. At one point I though I sew tears in The Grand Duke's eyes. I don't what Stephanie's relation with her family but yes I agree they were not so moved.

I wish the flowergirls and pages had walked behind the couple when they were leaving the church as they totally blocked the view of the newlyweds. I also thought an open car ride back to the palace would have been better as all of those poor people in the crowd who had probably waited for hours got to see practically nothing.

Last edited:
Shall we keep discussing the rest of events here?

Is Princess Tessy expecting again or is it just an unflattering dress?

I wonder if there's still a Live Coverage of the Wedding Party...

Is Princess Tessy expecting again or is it just an unflattering dress?

I think its the dress... :D

I can't help but chuckle at the green shuttle with all the Crown princes and princesses.

crm2317: that's the question many of us are also asking ourselves.

No balcony scene :( Have to wait untill the news of tonight :(

MT seemed moved the most. At one point I though I sew tears in The Grand Duke's eyes. I don't what Stephanie's relation with her family but yes I agree they were not so moved.

Well, can't speak for them, but i was raised as a catholic and we were taught that it wasn't proper to talk or show much emotion during a service... You were supposed to listen to the priest and look solemn..
I get the impression that her family are very devout, so maybe they were taught that too...

eveline, there will be a balcony appearance.
13h00 Apparition des mariés depuis le balcon du Palais grand-ducal et réception au Palais grand-ducal
monarchie.lu

Well, can't speak for them, but i was raised as a catholic and we were taught that it wasn't proper to talk or show much emotion during a service... You were supposed to listen to the priest and look solemn..
I get the impression that her family are very devout, so maybe they were taught that too...

Yes, I would agree with that.

eveline, there will be a balcony appearance.
13h00 Apparition des mariés depuis le balcon du Palais grand-ducal et réception au Palais grand-ducal
monarchie.lu

I think the event is behind time. I think the balcony appearance will happen when the royals get to where they need to get.
Where the balcony is, is just under where the royals are arriving.

Yes! they kissed in the balcony! :wub:

Back
Top Bottom