HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg & Stéphanie de Lannoy: Religious Wedding - Oct 20, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stephanie's family seem like such serious people. After the vows had been completed Guillaume's family all smiled and MT was blowing kisses and other members were clapping each other on the back. Stephanie's family just stood there looking stern.

Prince Felix just said a prayer of the faithful in English.

Who can blame her :)
The church looks very pretty and I like the music.

Its all beautiful,the floral arrangements must have taken hours to get right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw Princess Caroline seated beside Crown Princess Maxima.

Holy Communion and then the Wedding Mass is almost over.

Stephanie's family seem like such serious people. After the vows had been completed Guillaume's family all smiled and MT was blowing kisses and other members were clapping each other on the back. Stephanie's family just stood there looking stern.
Maybe they were thinking about the wife, mother and grandmother who was missing from this wedding.

Will they be droven back to palace by car or by carriage?

Not the most beautiful royal bride of my lifetime, but certainly one of the most beautiful royal wedding dresses and veils I've ever seen. She look's a dream.

The Hereditary Grand Duchess is one very regal lady!

Wonderful LIVE feed too!

The ceremony is underwhelming and there isn't a lot of emotion between them. I agree with dress is a dream but one can see Stephanie is not overly fussy and simple.

The Chalice is wondrus beautiful. Dman, hope you've made a good connection.

Last edited:
The ceremony is underwhelming and there isn't a lot of emotion between them. I agree with dress is a dream but one can see Stephanie is not overly fussy and simple.

lol are we watching the same thing? they keep throwing looks at each other, they clearly adore one another and are really happy.

Though not everyone is prone to tears or visible signs of emotion. Everyone reacts differently.

The Grand Ducal family certainly appear very happy and relaxed which is lovely to see.

An impressive occasion.

The Bride still looks nervous, I was hoping she would be more comfortable as the ceremony progresses, but not as nervous as the Duchess of Cornwall at her wedding to Prince Charles. :lol:

I think in the beginning Stephanie was doing her best not to fall apart. It must be terrible celebrating this day without her mother, especially when she lost her only a short time ago.
When it was time for the vows she became much more relaxed and there were many many sweet looks between the two :wub:

Loved how Maria Teresa was blowing them kisses :wub:

I don't think we should expect a ceremony that was as grand and emotionally overwhelming as that of CP Victoria and PDaniel. That was once in a lifetime occasion with completely different circumstances. I doubt we will EVER see a ceremony that emotinally overwhelming. IMO it's not wise to compare weddings, because each couple is different.

lol are we watching the same thing? they keep throwing looks at each other, they clearly adore one another and are really happy.

We're entitled to our difference of opinion. :flowers:

I don't think we should expect a ceremony that was as grand and emotionally overwhelming as that of CP Victoria and PDaniel. That was once in a lifetime occasion with completely different circumstances. I doubt we will EVER see a ceremony that emotinally overwhelming. IMO it's not wise to compare weddings, because each couple is different.

Actually, I do have Victoria and Daniel's wedding in my mind as the most romantic wedding. I know, different circumstances. Stephanie was so severe at the beginning. She hardly looked at Guillaume.

Though not everyone is prone to tears or visible signs of emotion. Everyone reacts differently.

The Grand Ducal family certainly appear very happy and relaxed which is lovely to see.

An impressive occasion.

Very true, people react differently. I personally don't think the wedding is impressive compared to other royal weddings I've seen over the years. Although this should go without saying, it's just my opinion.

Actually, I do have Victoria and Daniel's wedding in my mind as the most romantic wedding. I know, different circumstances. Stephanie was so severe at the beginning. She hardly looked at Guillaume.

Please guys, don't compare. Luxembourg, their royal family are so private and so quiet I think everything we'e got today has been a treat for us all. Sweden, their family, Victoria and Daniel have been through a lot and they've been in the public eye for years prior to marriage.

Completely different circumstance, completely different couples.

This for me personally, has been the most romantic wedding i've seen of royals. However I never saw V&D's.

Love the presentation of the bouquet to Mary.

Please guys, don't compare. Luxembourg, their royal family are so private and so quiet I think everything we'e got today has been a treat for us all. Sweden, their family, Victoria and Daniel have been through a lot and they've been in the public eye for years prior to marriage.

Completely different circumstance, completely different couples.

This for me personally, has been the most romantic wedding i've seen of royals. However I never saw V&D's.

I think we're entitled to compare. :flowers: Everyone doesn't have to agree. It's okay. No one said anything disparaging. Let's lighten up.

Papal blessing!

That's what I'm saying lumutqueen. I'm certainly grateful that we were able to watch this wedding.
On another note, you definetly should watch V&D's wedding.

I think we're entitled to compare. :flowers:

Comparing weddings, how lovely the couple look, how much affection they showed each other is nasty IMO, especially on their wedding.

Saying you don't think the couple on the day showed enough affection is fine.

In some angles, the Bride reminds me of a young Martha Stewart. :lol:

Comparing weddings, how lovely the couple look, how much affection they showed each other is nasty IMO, especially on their wedding.

Saying you don't think the couple on the day showed enough affection is fine.

And we're all posting our opinions here because it's a forum to do so. No need to police what we're posting and call others "nasty." Good day to you.

Congrats to Gui and Stephanie! Have Imre and Katie been spotted?

Back
Top Bottom