Frederik and Mary's Pre-Wedding Festivities: May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone have a pic of Alexandra of Denmark from today? I haven't seen any. I would love to see what her new tiara looks like. :D

Originally posted by Josefine@May 13th, 2004 - 3:47 pm
how about princess theodora
I think she's wearing Anne-Marie's brooch tiara. The one that MC wore on her wedding day.

Thank you Dennis! Even though it's hard to get a look at her tiara, the sun is blocking it. But her dress looks beautiful. As if I expected anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Royal Theatre Gala Performance

www.colourpress.com

colour100345594pp.jpg
colour100345619zn.jpg
colour100345685ho.jpg

I love Sophie's tiara. It reminds me of Mette-Marit's daisy tiara. I'll bet all of the royal ladies are enjoying this party! New tiaras all around.

By the way, I absolutely adore Sophie's look as of late. She is much more beautiful with longer hair.

A stunning shade for Märtha Louise!

Don´t know. I noticed that the other day. I saw the video of the hat incident. That must have been a weight off of her shoulders thought. She was probably really nervous and then such an incident happened. Must have been a great way to relax. She took in stride and gave a great smile too.

Can someone please post a picture of Letizia's complete attire? I read a post where it was kinda wimpy compared to other gala dresses, how so?

Also, notice that she is not wearing a tiara!!!!! Mary wore one before she became Crown Princess even if it were during festivities.. So did Crown Princess Maxima. I also missed a photo of Maxima, and Queen Sofia. PLEASE POST!

Originally posted by chanel@May 13th, 2004 - 11:05 pm
Can someone please post a picture of Letizia's complete attire? I read a post where it was kinda wimpy compared to other gala dresses, how so?

Also, notice that she is not wearing a tiara!!!!! Mary wore one before she became Crown Princess even if it were during festivities.. So did Crown Princess Maxima. I also missed a photo of Maxima, and Queen Sofia. PLEASE POST!
maxima and sophie has not arrived yet

I have not seen any good pictures Letizia's complete attire there were not many pictures of her

There it is Chanel, a full pic of Letizia and Felipe :flowers:

letizia-a.jpg

(pic from Hola)

Thanks, xicamaluca, I had not seen that one.

Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 13th, 2004 - 5:53 pm
Another full length pic of Felipe and Letizia :flower:
That dress must be really hard to walk in! :p

Great photos, Montecarlo. I especially like the one of Felipe and Letizia.

Originally posted by chanel@May 13th, 2004 - 6:05 pm

well, I wrote that she looked a bit out of place amongst all of the other gala dresses. I don't know if that was the post that you were referring to. If it was, I'll explain what I meant.

I think that her dress was stunning and unique, but she did look out of place to me. There is an earlier photo of her that was posted where she was standing amongst Martha-Lousie, Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa and Sophie of Wessex and their respective husbands. The three women were wearing very soft colored dresses. Letizia on the other hand was wearing a very vibrant, colorful outfit. she just seemed to jump out of the picture. All I really meant was that her outfit seemed abit out of place amongst everyone else. I didn't mean anything bad about it, in fact I loved her dress. I think that it might of been more appropriate at a different event, but that is just my opinion of course. I was also quite surprised that she was not wearing a tiara. Her wedding is only a week away. Maxima wore a few tiaras before her wedding. Again, that added to her being a bit out of place standing amongst these other three royal ladies.

I don't really like Letizia's dress. she looks okay, but not great.
on the other hand, Mary and Alexandra blew
me away !!! :D :flower: :clap: :clap:

Are there any more close-ups of Princess Claire and Prince Laurent?

Originally posted by Beate@May 13th, 2004 - 7:52 pm
Are there any more close-ups of Princess Claire and Prince Laurent?
I could not find one. They are in the background in a couple.

Thank you everybody for all the great pictures from todays events, from the visit to Parliament to tonight's theatre gala affair. The pictures are fabulous. I cannot say when I remember such a great royal turnout! From the pictures I have seen here (and there were a lot to see!) tonight's theatre gala was very fun and fashion-rich. I can count on one hand the fashion faux-pas I feel took place tonight.

A quick rundown from the fashion peanut gallery! ;)

The good, the great and the uber-fabulous! :heart:

Claire: The dark olive green is a great colour on Claire, and the dress appeared to just float with her. The hair pulled back is a wonderful look on her, too.

Mathilde: Loved her dress! I usually prefer colour (and bright colours at that! :p ) but this pale cream colour was so lovely with Mathilde's skin. And it really complimented her sash very well! The cut of the dress is so elegant and streamlined and beautiful.

Astrid: Radiant in soft pink! The beading and detailing around the bust was great and then simple, layers of sheer pink elegance!

Mette-Marit: What can I say? I love this Crown Princess! The cut was simple and the colour soft and complimentary. And because the cut of the dress was so simple, it really allowed for the new tiara to be emphasized. (Though I did check out the shoes and I think they do look clunky with the dress; she should've opted for open toed shoes or at least a proper heal.)

Martha Louise: The colour was so refreshing (went nicely with her sash!), and the cut nice and simple. I saw a view of her dress from the back and the straps looked like they were quite detailed.

Anne Marie: A vision in dusty grey. Simple, elegant and a class act all the way.

Alexia: It's unfortunate that on this special occasion Alexia didn't have a new dress and that she re-wore the dress she wore for her own pre-wedding ball (and also to one of the galas for her aunt Margrethe's 60th wedding festivities and that Meryl Streep also wore to the Oscars). But it is a nice dress and her hair was great and so was her make up. Alexia rarely dolls herself up, but when she does, look out!

Marie Chantal: The light mossy green is a nice colour.

Alexandra: The cut is nice and simple enough. I like the two-toned colour to the dress.

Alexandra of Berleberg: Her dress sort of reminded me of the awful creation Marie Chantal wore to Willem and Maxima's pre-wedding ball. But somehow this dress didn't make my stomach churn as much. Maybe because it was in such a soft, subtle colour and the layed ruffles didn't start until her waist, so not as distracting.

Cristina: I could not really see a picture of her dress, but she reminds me of Alexia in the sense that she does not wear lots of make up on a regular basis, but when she does, she does it very well; looking well done up but not over done. It does look like a new dress Cristina has on however.

Sophie: Lovely new tiara for a lovely woman. The steel grey colour was nice, too.

Maria Teresa: This pink/apple green combo she is sporting in her dress seems to be very popular (and why not since it looks so great!). The cut is nice on Maria Teresa and her hair was great, too.

And the star of the evening: Mary: Looked absolutely wonderful! Love this colour on her; goes great with her dark hair. The bunching at the back was nice. And the colour was so nice with the ruby diamond necklace. How nicely turned out Mary was ...

The bad, the very bad and the horrid! :sick:

Margrethe: From what I could see, Margrethe's dress seemed nice enough from the waist down. The colour was decent (though not very complimentary to her skin tone as it seemed to make her look a bit washed out). But the top half of her dress was dreadful, I felt. The lacey fold over instantly made me think of this horrible (though I guess fashionable in the 80s) navy blue velvet dress with huge lace collar Diana wore once for some formal portraits.

Benedikte: The colour wasn't bad at all; in fact it's a colour I love and great on Benedikte. But I did not care at all for the sleeves flapping in the wind!

Letizia: I am actually a bit on the fence about her outfit. I thought the colour of the skirt was great, but the top was a bit too ornate and busy for me. It emphasized and cut Letizia's height I think. And the dress reminded me of a period costume.

Caroline: Is it just me, or was Caroline's dress a bit too revealing for the occasion? Not sure I thought the plunging V-halter of her dress was so great.

Maria Doria (I don't think that's her name, but the mother of Emmanuelle Filiberto of Savoy): What is up with those sunglasses with that gala dress? While it looked sunny, nobody else seemed to be wearing sunglasses. And I didn't like the choker thing at all. Me feeling is that if you wear a strapless dress (or even a spaghetti strap dress), a great big necklace can be a terrific addition.

Great analysis, Alexandria, as always. I forget to mention Claire. I did love that color on her.

Back
Top Bottom