The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Cissan+May 12th, 2004 - 9:33 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cissan @ May 12th, 2004 - 9:33 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by sarkastik_devil@May 12th, 2004 - 9:19 am
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@May 12th, 2004 - 3:13 pm
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-montecarlo@May 12th, 2004 - 9:04 am
Quote:
So what our are choices, Felipe and Prince Charles and Willem-Alexander? WA is much cuter.
You think Crown Prince Willem-Alexander is cute? You must be joking right? Have you noticed his teeth?

Fred does have better teeth, but WA is better looking.

forgive me for asking,
but, from which side does W-A would be appropriately call good looking?
cause. i just don't see the attraction :P
I have to second that...

He is WAY too big. It can't be good for his health to carry that overweight. And I don't find it attractive. [/b][/quote]
Overweight? Pardon...Prince Laurent has overweight, but not W-A. Maybe Fred is a little bit more attractive, but W-A is really cute.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Nobility

May 13, 2004 - The Mercury Australia

Mary To Sparkle in Napoleon Tiara

Mary&#39;s glittering tiara, earrings and so-called "collier" necklace is a 200-year-old set originally the brainchild of French emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. Napoleon ordered his jewellers to design opulent adornments for the wives of his 18 marshals. One of them, Carl Johan, later became king of Sweden, bringing his wife and her jewels to Scandinavia. The priceless ruby set came to Denmark in the 1870s when Swedish Princess Louise married the Danish Prince Frederik in 1871. Frederik later became Danish King Frederik VIII from 1906 to 1912. Ever since then the jewels have traditionally been passed to the Danish crown princess at her wedding.

Old 05-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Nobility

May 13, 2004 - The Mercury Australia
Written By: Ben English

Crowning Glory in Grand Arrival

Crowned for the first time in a royal tiara, Mary Donaldson looked every bit the princess she will soon become with a breathtaking appearance yesterday in the Danish capital. Mary was a picture of regal beauty in an elegant silk-brocade gown that trailed a metre behind her as she wowed a who&#39;s who of European power and aristocracy gathered in honour of her wedding to Crown Prince Frederik. But it was with the tiara worn by five queens before her over the past two centuries that Mary dramatically announced her impending arrival as a Danish princess. Frederik was by her side but all eyes were on Mary during one of her last nights out as an ordinary Aussie. Commentators for the Christiansborg Palace event, beamed live around this tiny nation, gushed that Mary had "blown everyone away" with her elegant entrance. Later, Mary seemed slightly tense with less than three days to her big day. But as far as Denmark is concerned, she need not worry. Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen has declared Mary Donaldson will be a princess of our times for her adopted country....

The country&#39;s top-selling daily newspaper, BT, ran a three-page tribute to Mary in the wake of her revealing interview this week that was published exclusively in Australia by The Mercury and other News Limited publications. "She oozes royal class and has clearly transgressed the line from the ordinary to the magically non-ordinary with grace and intelligence," the paper said. "Five days before the wedding, we finally got an insight into the person Mary Donaldson. "A strong and yet fragile person, a human being who can laugh and cry." Following the interview and a fly-on-the-wall documentary about her, shown on Monday, rival newspaper Ekstrabladet exclaimed: "Yes, she does speak&#33; "After this, there can be little doubt that the Danes have taken their future queen to their hearts. She passed her royal exams with flying colours and the transformation seems perfect."

Danish royal observers said the former marketing executive had, with her selective interviews, created the perfect mix of mystery and intimacy required of a successful royal. "The apprenticeship is over," said Annelise Bistrup, author of several books on the Danish monarchy. "In spite of her ordinary, middle-class background, Mary Donaldson has succeeded in keeping an almost bigger royal distance to her surroundings than the family she&#39;s becoming a part of. "Not a word has escaped her pretty lips and this has enabled her to slowly build up a sense of mystery around her, which everyone agrees is a vital part of the monarchy. "Just giving two interviews before the wedding has certainly enhanced this image." TV presenter Lotte Thorsen was one of Mary&#39;s few critics. Commenting on the TV documentary, she said: "It was too staged. I noticed that Frederik picked his nose and Mary probably has smelly feet like the rest of us, which is reassuring I suppose but I find it a bit weird that she exposes herself with tears." The reporter who broke the story that Frederik and Mary were an item thought Mary&#39;s vulnerability made her even more likeable. "She has a wonderful way of talking about family," he said. "She will become a fantastic representative for Denmark."
Old 05-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by The Watcher+May 12th, 2004 - 11:20 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Watcher @ May 12th, 2004 - 11:20 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Cissan@May 12th, 2004 - 9:33 am
Quote:
Originally posted by sarkastik_devil@May 12th, 2004 - 9:19 am
Quote:
Originally posted by Bubbette@May 12th, 2004 - 3:13 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-montecarlo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@May 12th, 2004 - 9:04 am
Quote:
So what our are choices, Felipe and Prince Charles and Willem-Alexander? WA is much cuter.
You think Crown Prince Willem-Alexander is cute? You must be joking right? Have you noticed his teeth?

Fred does have better teeth, but WA is better looking.

forgive me for asking,
but, from which side does W-A would be appropriately call good looking?
cause. i just don&#39;t see the attraction :P

I have to second that...

He is WAY too big. It can&#39;t be good for his health to carry that overweight. And I don&#39;t find it attractive.
Overweight? Pardon...Prince Laurent has overweight, but not W-A. Maybe Fred is a little bit more attractive, but W-A is really cute.

W-A 1
W-A 2 [/b][/quote]
I would just like to remind the concerned members of these posts that your talk is unrelated to our topic since we are supposed to talk about the Pre-Wedding and Wedding Festevities in Denmark and not of some Prince&#39;s teeth and who is good looking.

So if possible, please keep track with the topic.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 05-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
TV presenter Lotte Thorsen was one of Mary&#39;s few critics. Commenting on the TV documentary, she said: "It was too staged. I noticed that Frederik picked his nose and Mary probably has smelly feet like the rest of us, which is reassuring I suppose but I find it a bit weird that she exposes herself with tears."
So Mary isn&#39;t allowed to cry over the death of her mother, because its too weird? That&#39;s the most ridiculous thing I&#39;ve ever heard.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Reception at Copenhagen City Hall 2004
Three more pictures have been added - Children attending parade that honoured Crown Prince Frederik and Miss Mary Donaldson.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@May 12th, 2004 - 11:58 am
Quote:
TV presenter Lotte Thorsen was one of Mary&#39;s few critics. Commenting on the TV documentary, she said: "It was too staged. I noticed that Frederik picked his nose and Mary probably has smelly feet like the rest of us, which is reassuring I suppose but I find it a bit weird that she exposes herself with tears."
So Mary isn&#39;t allowed to cry over the death of her mother, because its too weird? That&#39;s the most ridiculous thing I&#39;ve ever heard.
We really have the same opinion over that statement.

People should not just criticize others but also look at their ownselves first. We even cry at the death of our loved ones how much more with Mary when it is her mom. And besides, during the interview it was clear that Mary was real with what she said and even though her mother died last 1997, she could never really forget it because it is already a part of her life and she loved her mother.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 05-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Majesty

Party at Vega, when does it start?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Is this the stag party? Where are the wives?&#33; :)
Old 05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Too bad it is raining.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Majesty

I am not to sure about Victoria, but Carl Philip is looking good a lot like Orlando Bloom
Old 05-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

Does anyone know if Mary has met any of these other royals yet? I know she met Felipe when they first got together, but what about the others?
Old 05-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Nobility

I think he is becoming one of the best looking princes..:) He resembles oneof his maternal uncles.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by megknight@May 12th, 2004 - 4:41 pm
Does anyone know if Mary has met any of these other royals yet? I know she met Felipe when they first got together, but what about the others?
She has met Crown Princess Victoria when she came for a visit.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

His forehead is too big and his chin is too small.
Old 05-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Not sure I like that dress. . . .
Old 05-12-2004, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Unknown Source

Old 05-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree...the dress looks a little bit like a sack...and doesn´t fit to Mary...she looks emaciated in it. But she has to wear so many different dresses at so many different occasions these days...she can´t do right all the time&#33;
Old 05-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Gentry

I can&#39;t believe the wedding is only two days away&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;(Josefine&#39;s avatar reminded me)

It seemed like only a month ago when I secretly cursed her out in my mind.
Those where the days.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Gentry

Ok, I&#39;ll probably get ten angry posts within 30 seconds of saying this but...I really didn&#39;t like the "accessories" (tiara, necklace, chandelier earrings) on Mary at the gala. While it was nice to see her in a tiara (finally&#33 the three pieces together seemed a bit overwhelming, especially with her hair. I think it might have been a bit more elegant if she would have left out the earrings...

any thoughts?