The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
You´re welcome. The more I read about Mary the more I like her. She will be my third favorite royal!
Grace Kelly will always be my favourite princess. Mary will soon be my second favourite. I'm guessing Victoria of Sweden is your favourite. May I ask who your second favourite princess is, being that Mary will soon be your third favourite?

Old 05-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by montecarlo@May 9th, 2004 - 8:21 pm
I'm guessing Victoria of Sweden is your favourite. May I ask who your second favourite princess is, being that Mary will soon be your third favourite? [/b]
Yes, correct guess on number 1. How did you know? :P Number 2 is Martha Louise.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Majesty

Australian Gala Dinner at the Fredensborg

www.polfoto.dk

Old 05-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Gentry

Thanks for the pics. I liked the outfit Mary wore at the Australian dinner. The fabric on the jacket was very beautiful. Kind of Indian-inspired. She really has an interesting style.

TC
Barbara
Old 05-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Commoner

The Age article (Melbourne)

There is a lovely photograph of the couple.

Mad about Mary
By Paul Mulvey

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik loved the barramundi, his fiancee the lamb and both warmly accepted Australia's official wedding gift.

Governor-General Michael Jeffery presented Prince Frederik and former Hobart lawyer Mary Donaldson with a plaque last night to go with the nine Tasmanian trees that Australia has given them for their wedding in Copenhagen on Friday.

Major-General Jeffery wished the couple a "long and fruitful marriage" as he and his wife, Marlena, made the presentation at a dinner at Fredensborg, 35 kilometres north of Copenhagen.

General Jeffery sat between Queen Margrethe and Ms Donaldson at the private dinner he hosted for 52 guests to honour the wedding and the new union the couple has forged between Australia and Denmark. Mrs Jeffery sat between Frederik and his father Prince Henrik.

After calling Prince Frederik and Ms Donaldson from their seats to make the presentation, the Governor-General suggested the plaque be put somewhere near the native trees, which are already standing in the gardens of Fredensborg Castle.
The guests dined on a five-course menu prepared by Sydney chef Luke Mangan, with all the ingredients and wine flown in from Australia on Thursday and Friday.

Prince Frederik said he loved the roasted Northern Territory barramundi and Ms Donaldson said she preferred the Gippsland lamb. Opinions were evenly spread on the head table, with the monarch favouring the sashimi kingfish from South Australia.

Australia's 1983 America's Cup-winning skipper John Bertrand sat next to Ms Donaldson, presumably so they could talk tactics for the yacht race against Prince Frederik on Copenhagen Harbour in which the future princess will crew for her fellow Australian. Tasmanian Governor Richard Butler also welcomed guests to the Fredensborg Storekro, including Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen who said the wedding would improve the close ties between the two countries. "It's a wonderful wedding," he said.

Security was tight around the Storekro, an exclusive restaurant and hotel just outside the gates of Fredensborg Castle, where Friday's wedding dinner will be held for 400 guests.

Police were dotted around the hotel and castle as hundreds of well-wishers crowded outside to cheer the couple who met in a pub during the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Food and wine wasn't the only Australian touch at the dinner, with Sydney's Tankstream Quartet providing the music as guests arrived.

- AAP
Old 05-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism+May 9th, 2004 - 7:07 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 9th, 2004 - 7:07 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-montecarlo@May 9th, 2004 - 8:03 pm
Thanks for the pictures, Dennis&#33;
You´re welcome. The more I read about Mary the more I like her. She will be my third favorite royal&#33; [/b][/quote]
Dennis, who&#39;s your second favourite??? :P
Old 05-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

Hahahaha&#33;&#33; The pictures of Joachim are the greatest&#33;&#33;&#33;

He really likes that music&#33;
Old 05-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Courtier

Great pixs, Dennism&#33; I always liked Mary but seeing her like she is in those pictures, Mary&#39;s my girl&#33; She and Fred will do fine. I can&#39;t wait to see her gown. :P
Old 05-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortuneately I missed the programme about Mary on Dr1 tonight...
was it good?
does anyone know if it will air again soon?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Majesty

Thanks, mgrant. Jane Stephans is the one in the blue jacket and the tan pants.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

great photos, all of them&#33;&#33; so good to see
Old 05-11-2004, 07:58 AM
Majesty

As for the photos of them kissing, it is considered to be "breaking a spell" for them to be seen kissing in public from the time of the engagement to the wedding ceremony itself. It is traditional for them not to be seen. It makes the kiss at the wedding ceremony all the more special. Of course, they can do as much kissing as they want in private. :P
Old 05-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

AMAIZING&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I just espect that she wear a tiara in the wedding and never before.
Is this the tiara she gona wear in her wedding day?????????

She is just wear a sache with the elefant and that star ( that i don&#39;t now what mean) like she is a princess.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Gala Dinner

www.polfoto.dk

Old 05-11-2004, 02:27 PM
Courtier

gala live on the web

http://bryllup.tv2.dk/english.php
Old 05-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I liked Mary&#39;s dress; not a wild fan of it (but better than the purple number worn at the Romanian state visit). The fabric chosen for it reminds me of a sofa or settee in a formal sitting room, but the cut sort of makes up for it. I think Mary has a touch too much blush on and the jewellery is way overdone. Between the tiara, the necklace and the dangly earrings . I think one less item would&#39;ve been a big improvement, whether it were the necklace or the earrings. (My vote is for the necklace to go.)

I tend to give Margrethe a bit more flack in her choice of clothes, but not wholly appreciative of the blue and green and turquoise feathery wing things she&#39;s going on in her gala dress. Is she preparing for flight after the dinner? Does she plan on flying Frederik and Mary to their honeymoon in this gown later on?
Old 05-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by karolinabraganza@May 11th, 2004 - 2:15 pm
today, after the rehearsel at copenhagen&#39;s cathedral
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50824726...9C30E9B9B114CE8
Mary looks soooooo skinny in this outfit. The angle of the picture really emphasizes her sharp jawline. In the second picture, the cinched waist of the jacket just further emphasizes how very thin Mary has gotten.

Margrethe&#39;s outfit is a good contender for &#39;The Most Terrible&#39; thred I would say&#33; There&#39;s mixing your patterns and there&#39;s mixing your patterns. It&#39;s a fine art I&#39;m sure stylists will tell you, and Margrethe did not succeed here ...
Old 05-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Courtier

I saw a closeup of Margrethe&#39;s tiara while watching the gala on the web. There are no words to describe how beautiful it is; gorgeously stunning.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

Post that pic in the jewels forum
Old 05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Majesty

Gala Dinner

Part II

www.polfoto.dk

Pic 2: www.tv2.dk (Credit Samitude)

Pics 3 & 4: www.tv2.dk (Credit A.C.C)

Pics 5-10 http://images.bt2.metropol.dk (Credit Montecarlo)