The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2004, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

here are the first paragraphs.

a historical day

there weren't tears in the eyes of the bride and the groom, but the god of the rain cryied in the wedding. 22-m, day when letizia became the future queen of asturias, will be historic because of the quantity of rain at the entrance of letizia. it couldn't be a celebration full of people and sun but the royal house could shorten the distances between people and nobility. who saw the faces of the royal family waiting for the bride? who wasn't in that moment one of them? to say that known phrase 'i'm a happy men' the prince had many feelings to think about and lots of hours to think about. the wedding for the prince started at 6 o clock in the morning, only 4 or 5 hours after the gala dinner.
the guests started arriving at 9 o clock. some of them came by bus and others in private cars. there wan't any protocol in the entrance, sportsmen, politics and princes entered without distinction. the rain was only a threat and people hoped that the luck of the king was present that day also. the rain started when sofia and felipe entered in the cathedral. sofia couldn't and didn't want to go faster, although rain was starting to fall.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Courtier

That's what I am wondering.

Are the decorations supposed to represent something?

My sister just saw the cake and said if she were the bride she would have cried when she saw that cake. My sister thinks it looks awful. I kind of agree. I probably wouldn't have even known it was supposed to be a cake if I wouldn't have been told.

Old 06-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Courtier

It's more of a pastry competition showpiece rather than a wedding cake. I like it, but I don't think it fits the mold for a wedding...It's a pretty modern thing to do.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by samitude@Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:24 am
That's what I am wondering.

Are the decorations supposed to represent something?

My sister just saw the cake and said if she were the bride she would have cried when she saw that cake. My sister thinks it looks awful. I kind of agree. I probably wouldn't have even known it was supposed to be a cake if I wouldn't have been told.
that is not a cake that is FLAN.. it is a spanish desert.. that is custard.. with a caramel type of coating on top .. there were several types of deserts that were created just for the wedding .. one was a type of nougat candy that is almond flavored it is popular there in Spain and Italy .. as well as the flan .. its light and quite delicious. There is also a cake called tres leches.. meaning literally three milk .. it is made with cream and milk and is kinda wet but very very delicious. the desert in the pic is flan .. not cake as we are used to in the term cake.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

here is the link of the official distribution of the guests in the royal palace of madrid, in the banquet.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-08-2004, 08:00 PM
Majesty

thank you all for helping out and posting picttures and thoughts
Old 08-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Here's an article in Spanish of Felipe and Letizia's wedding. Is there anyone who has the time that would be willing to translate this article into English?

http://personales.ya.com/fororeal/cronicaboda.htm
Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 PM
Nobility

http://194.68.33.51/fotoweb/bin/prev...A2682B96173AA7
http://194.68.33.51/fotoweb/bin/prev...A2682B96173AA7
Old 09-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Aristocracy

:)

I like Victor-Emmanuelle lol. What a great guy, lol it is just hilarious, hes a tough guy, reminds me of my grandpa.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
I watched the wedding again over the last week and I must say that I think it is underrated. It was quite musical and serious and religious. I also liked the glimpses of pre-wedding dinenr that I saw. The royals at their various tables. It was nice to see them in a more real situation.
Old 09-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Is there a link of the web where you can watch it? I missed most of it on tv because I overslept and forgot about it. I would really like to see it.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Majesty

I don´t know. I have a tape of it. Actually, I think I have 2 tapes. Can´t seem to find it right now. I taped it on TVEI and Univision.
Old 09-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sure there is one somewhere, I just need to search more for it. I caught the tail end of the ceremony on Univision, but I would really like to see the beginning.
Old 10-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

I hope this romantic fotos be a new for evry one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.JPG
Views:	1093
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	52457   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.JPG
Views:	925
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	52458   Click image for larger version

Name:	c.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	52459   Click image for larger version

Name:	d.JPG
Views:	267
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	52460  

Old 11-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Gabriella,

The Norwegian television website has most of the whole wedding ceremony. It starts with the major royal guests coming to the church and ends somewhere during the second hour maybe. I'm not sure. The address is http://www.nrk.no/ . Go to the left hand side and click on Nett-tv. A box will show up. Scroll down on the left until you come to a picture of a crown that says Kongehus Alt om de kongelige beside it. Then click on Kronprinsbryllup i Spania. That takes you to either the pre-wedding dinner or the wedding. You have to be registered with NRK to view these. It's free.

If you want to see other clips from the wedding like the balcony appearance, exiting the church, etc., that aren't on the NRK site then here are some links to see clips of those.

http://especiales.prisacom.com/2004/...al/videos.html

http://www.plus.es/codigo/noticias/e...7&video=389430
Old 12-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Commoner

Attendants outfits inspired by painting?

For some reason, I seem to remember that it was written somewhere that the outfits of the attendants were inspired by a painting.

Does anyone remember this and know what painting it was that, reportedly, inspired the outfits?
Old 12-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness

Rembrent????????????????? I belive i read is some place.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Commoner

Smile The wedding of Felipe and Letizia

I was wondering if you could please post videos of the Spanish royal wedding,if you find any.I've only seen pictures,but I also would like to see videos.
Thanks a lot!:)
Old 01-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Royal Highness

Wedding Video

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the wedding online? Thanks so much!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHomeNC
For some reason, I seem to remember that it was written somewhere that the outfits of the attendants were inspired by a painting.

Does anyone remember this and know what painting it was that, reportedly, inspired the outfits?
I think it was a painting by Goya. Or another Spaniard. Here are some nice photos I found online. I´m sure they´ve been posted before.

Tags
crown prince felipe, crown princess letizia, king felipe, king felipe vi, madrid, queen letizia, wedding