Old 09-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Commoner

yes she is.

love laila

Old 09-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy
I did'nt see CP Hamzah nor his wife! I wonder why? Even if they've got studies, surely their cousin's wedding is more important (personal opinion)!

What did you guys think?
CP hamzah and Noor are back in college with studies... I think at least Ali and Rym should have been there

Old 09-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Serene Highness

1. Who is Farah? 2. Which one is Alia? 3. Why is Muna next to them in teh photos?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
is the scary looking lady with the bad face lift the groom's mother?
hahaahahaah i had the same feeling , she has a very scary looking ....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 09-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
1. Who is Farah? 2. Which one is Alia? 3. Why is Muna next to them in teh photos?
Farah is KA 's cousin, Alia is the first from the right (next to her husband princ faisal), muna is the king's mother its only natural to see her there!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Is she Basma's daughter?
Old 09-24-2004, 12:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
Is she Basma's daughter?
That's right! From husband number 1!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Queen Noor seems to be conspicuously absent at this wedding. I didn't see her at Ali and Rym's wedding either, which was odd because Queen Noor was a second mother to him. And she has said that she and Princess Basma are very close.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
Queen Noor seems to be conspicuously absent at this wedding. I didn't see her at Ali and Rym's wedding either, which was odd because Queen Noor was a second mother to him. And she has said that she and Princess Basma are very close.
I agree with you! But somehow i can't help feeling that their relationship changed after the death of KH! I guess Queen Noor isn't as close to the royal family as she was before! That might be hard to do, considering that she's in the states more than jordan!
Old 09-24-2004, 01:12 PM
Courtier

But princess Iman is there. Or is that princess Raiyah?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shy
Farah is KA 's cousin, Alia is the first from the right (next to her husband princ faisal), muna is the king's mother its only natural to see her there!
She's KA's cousin from Hussein's side, not his mother's side, but OK.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Nobility

Nope it's Rayah not Iman.
Old 09-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
She's KA's cousin from Hussein's side, not his mother's side, but OK.
yeah but its only natural that the king's mother be present at the reception he's giving. Plus Basma was pretty close to her brother and had good relations with his wives, at least Noor and Muna i think.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Aristocracy

there was talk when haya and mo married that what sealed the deal (so to speak) was that one of haya's friends/relatives recently married a rich guy from the gulf and haya was quite impressed with the friend/relative's recent heightened status (at least financially).

personally i don't think these marriages have anything to do politically with the husbands-the wives are too far removed from the power core of jordan.

i think both of these are all about the bling-bling. however farah looks considerably happier getting married to saud than haya did to mo. however saud had that same 'oh s**t' look on his face that mo had.

is farah a 2nd wife? haven't heard talk one way or another.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Gentry

Thumbs down

When i said political grounds, i meant that JRF especially KA is looking for strong alliances ($$$$$$$$$) for his small weak country through marriages...

And yes Farak looked happy in the pics....
Old 09-25-2004, 02:48 AM
Nobility

Well, at least I am sure that P. Badiya's is a love match !:)
Old 09-25-2004, 10:57 AM
Courtier

Yeah, I'm happy for Badiya & Khaled. However if Farah is the daughter of Basma and Saud already married I should find it creepy. Because I know that P.Basma worked on eliminating polygamy but I guess Basma can't do much if her daughter really wanted to marry him.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know for sure whether he's 'already' married?

The jordanian royal family might not be as rich as the gulf royal families but they are royals and muslim/arabs too. And I'm rather positive to the 'mixing' between these royal families (much better than inbreeding I think). And just because she happened to marry someone well-off need it not mean money was the 'crucial factor' for their alliance. On the other hand, love matches are virtually non-existant among the mid-east royal families or marriages out of love ALONE.

I remember hearing an arab man saying 'the hair that falls from your moustache will fall into the beard' (it sounded better the way he put it) or like we put it in the west "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree", meaning that if you marry off your daughter to a close relative or someone you know very well you can trust they will treat her well and whose values mesh with those instilled in your daughter but also that these women are expected to keep the peace during times of tribulations between different branches or tribes. It is my understanding that marriage is viewed as an alliance between two families rather than two people in this part of the world.

I know for sure, that it's very rare that princesses from the Gulf countries are married off to laymen and I don't see it changing.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Nobility

I wonder if thay will live in SA !
Old 09-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
yeah but its only natural that the king's mother be present at the reception he's giving. Plus Basma was pretty close to her brother and had good relations with his wives, at least Noor and Muna i think.
Your mother would be present at a party you were giving? He probably gives 100s a year! If she were friendly with the couple, that would be something else.