Engagement&Wedding of Lalla Soukaina and Mohamed El Mehdi Ben Abdelmottaleb: Oct 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mademoiselle Lilo

Former Moderator
City
T/H
Country
Morocco
Engagement&Wedding of Lalla Soukaina and Mohamed El Mehdi Ben Abdelmottaleb: Oct 2013

according to Goud.ma Lalla Soukaina got engaged on 16 Jan 2013.

That would be wonderful, if true! How reliable is the source?
Any news on who the groom is? And one more question: how old is Lalla Soukaina? I think she is 26 (if I'm mistaken, she was born in 1986) but am not too sure.

according to Goud.ma Lalla Soukaina got engaged on 16 Jan 2013.

wow thats great news !! considering her first engagement I think its very normal that her 2nd engagement would be strictly silenced. According to the article , she has a facebook account ? i am very curious to find her!!! :)

:previous:
if you ask me the source is quit reliable their news are always right and i gues in the few upcoming days we wil know more.

Monnaliza84 her facebook account is quit personnal not a public one only close friends are accepted but you can always look for Lalla Soukaina Filalli on Facbook and see.:)

they said her fiancé is a Moroccan businessman.
I hope this time is the good one and I am looking forward the wedding:)

Wonderful news!! Cant wait for the official announcement :)

here more infos about the groom,according Goud.ma his name is Mehdi El Regragui his mother is journalist and his grandfather worked for the late Hassan too,the palace will announce the engagement once King Mohhammed VI gives his approval
http://www.goud.ma/خطيب-اخر-لمدللة-القصر-الحسناء-الاميرة-لالة-سكينة-المهدي-الركراكي_a25713.html

Those are just rumors and gossips.
This page is not a reliable source. It was hacked lately because of some fake news and fake interview ;-);)

According to this website Lalla Soukaina is to marry Mehdi El Regragui OCT 4th.

According to this article Tents of celebrations are already being installed !!

Yes I too find it weird that the names are hidden,
Does the Moroccan Royal Family have the habit of not announcing who's getting married ?!

I read that princess Charlene of Monaco is among the guests to attent the wedding ceremony.

Yes I too find it weird that the names are hidden,
Does the Moroccan Royal Family have the habit of not announcing who's getting married ?!

When King Mohamed VI and his sisters (during Hassan II's reign) got married, the weddings were of course announced before, and many moroccan couples had the chance to make their weddings with the royal couples...but it's different when it comes to the wedding of a member of the royal family who were not King's son or daughter, like in the wedding of the King's cousin Moulay Ismael or Hisham, or even wedding of the late King Hassan II's brother Moulay Abdallah with Lamia Solh. The medias and press got just some photos and videos to announce the weddings, and they were not as big as the King's or his sisters' weddings.

No photos from the wedding?

i don't think the wedding took place yet i very much doubt they will celebrate anything without announcement;
everything is flou about this engagement so it might be good idea to wait for official statement Imo.

photo from the wedding of LaLa soukaina at the royal palace of Rabat :)
she looks stunning with her mother
congratulations to the most beautiful princess <3

الملك يترأس Ø*فل عقد قران الأميرة سكينة

Congratulations! Finally we got a picture :)
Lalla Soukaina looked stunning as usual, but more with that traditionnal Moroccan green Caftan, it brings out the beautiful green color of her eyes:flowers:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7495.100672.354483327971271&type=1&permPage=1

Congratulations! Finally we got a picture :)
Lalla Soukaina looked stunning as usual, but more with that traditionnal Moroccan green Caftan, it brings out the beautiful green color of her eyes:flowers:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7495.100672.354483327971271&type=1&permPage=1

A bigger picture frop MAP:

Wow, what a look and those beautiful eyes!:flowers:
http://www.map.co.ma/fr/sites/default/files/chrifa_lalla_soukaina_-g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Official Announcement from Maghreb Arab Press
King chairs ceremony of marriage of Chrifa Lalla Soukaina to Mohamed El Mehdi Ben Abdelmottaleb Regragu
Rabat - King Mohammed VI chaired, Friday at the Royal Palace of Rabat, the ceremony of marriage of Chrifa Lalla Soukaina Filali, daughter of HRH Princess Lalla Meryem and granddaughter of the late King Hassan II to Mohamed El Mehdi Ben Abdelmottaleb Regragui, the Ministry of the Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery said in a statement.

the picture of Lalla Meryem and Lalla Soukaina is quit lovely,wishe they release family photo like Moulay Ismail,
acordding to Goud.ma there is a wedding night still o come Saturday.

Congratulations to Lalla Soukaina! :flowers:
What does "Chrifa" mean? Who is her spouse?

Congratulations to Lalla Soukaina! :flowers:
What does "Chrifa" mean? Who is her spouse?

Charifa means that she belongs to the Moroccan Royal family, the Alaouites who is Sherifian itself, Sherifian people are those who claim to be a descendent of Prophet of Islam Mohamed Sws.
A part the royal family, in Morocco there are a lot of families who are sherifians and claim being a descendant of Islam Prophete. The jordanian Hashemite Royal family claims also being Sherifian.

The groom, is normal Moroccan guy from Rabat, he's not a Royal, he's engineer. His grand-father used to work as a teacher for the late King Hassan II.

Sephora and Mademoiselle Lilo!
Thanks for the explanations!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

If Lalla Soukaina is Chrifa, does it mean that her spouse must be approved by her uncle, Mohammed VI?
It is great that Lalla Soukaina's fiance has got a technical degree as we call it. Engineers have got better prospects of finding a gainful employment.

Last edited:
to answeer you Al_bina yes the groom must be approved by Mohammed VI as head of the family a yes or no from him is decisive and actually Lalla Soukaina and her fiancé waited for quit long time to hear her uncle approval it said that the King took all his time to ask about the groom before he accept in the end.

Chrifa is title given to the ladies from senior level of royalty inside the royal family in Morocco.
That's not true Mademoiselle Lilo! "Chrifa" It's not given to ladies of the royal family because they are royals and it dosen't mean but any meaning a level inside of the royal family, but because the Alaouite family's ancestor is a descendant of the prophete, it was the reason why Moulay Ali Sharif, the ancestor of Alaouites, was made in the begining Imam in Tafilalt region, and later the leader of Morocco's ruling family after the decline of the Saadiyins dynasty!
There are many moroccan families who are not royals, and they are sherifian also, they are called "Charif (a)" or "Sharif (a)", because they have an ancestor who is a descendant of the prophete of Islam Mohamed Sws.

Engineers have got better prospects of finding a gainful employment.

He built already his own company from few years ^_^

Last edited:
That's not true Mademoiselle Lilo! "Chrifa" It's not given to ladies of the royal family because they are royals and it dosen't mean but any meaning a level inside of the royal family, but because the Alaouite family's ancestor is a descendant of the prophete, it was the reason why Moulay Ali Sharif, the ancestor of Alaouites, was made in the begining Imam in Tafilalt region, and later the leader of Morocco's ruling family after the decline of the Saadiyins dynasty!
There are many moroccan families who are not royals, and they are sherifian also, they are called "Charif (a)" or "Sharif (a)", because they have an ancestor who is a descendant of the prophete of Islam Mohamed Sws.
i cant add nothing to that well said it's true,i maybe didn't use the right word to explain but my point is the HRH title is quit specified to a limited circle inside the MRF:eek:nly Brothers and sisters and children of the King Lalla Salma is an exception , so the other royals should accept to be distinguish by 'Chrif' and 'Chrifa'.

Back
Top Bottom