Donna Lavinia dei Principi Borromeo Arese Taverna & John Elkann 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jil

Gentry
City
Xenia
Country
United States
Lavinnia is the daughter of Carlo Ferdinando (1935- ) and his first wife, Marion Sibylle Gabriele Zota (1945- ). John is the grandson of the late Gianni Agnelli (founder of Fiat).

John and Lavinia married in the Princes Borromeo's Private Chapel on the island of "Isola Bella" in Lake Maggiore. They were married on September 4, 2004.

Here is a link that will show you photos from their wedding (from Italian magazines):

http://photobucket.com/albums/y138/loejil/Lavinia%20Borromeo%20Wedding/?action=view&current=LaviniaBorromeoandJohnElkannwalkinginweddingoutfits2004.jpg

I would like more info on Lavinia Borremeo and John Elkann. What are they up to now? I was in Italy when they married in Sept. of 2004. Are they expecting any babies in the future?
I never hear anything about this couple. I would like to know what they have been doing since their marriage. Where do they live now?

Hi, they are living in Turin but they obviously own a lot of houses abroad. this summer some Italian mags wrote Lavinia was waiting for a baby, but I don't think it's true. John Elkann's brother, Lapo, has recently been involved in a story of drug addiction, you know, and there are few pics of Lavinia going to the hospital to visit him

Thanks for the info mariamastrazza! I did not get to visit Turin. I visited the following places in Italy: Venice, Rome, Capri, Assini, Florence, Pompeii, Pisa, Sorrento. It was beautiful there!

Why is it that no one ever talks about the Borremos on any Royal forums? Can you please tell me who the two boys are in the photo with Lavinia and the Premier? Are they her brothers?

mariamastrazza said:
John Elkann's brother, Lapo, has recently been involved in a story of drug addiction, you know, and there are few pics of Lavinia going to the hospital to visit him

Is Lapo in any of my photos from the wedding? I do not know what he looks like. What else can you tell me about him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, as far as I know Lavinia has sisters only, I suppose that they are four sisters, perhaps there is also a little brother born from her father's second wedding. I suppose they aren't talking a lot about Lavinia in this forum because people is not very interested in Italian royalty and Lavinia is famous not for being a countess but for having married Gianni Agnelli's grandson.

Lapo is the man sitting in your eleventh photo, he is photographed with his sister Ginevra. Lapo and John's mother, Gianni Agnelli's daughter, Margherita, has been married twice. Lapo, Ginevra and John are her children from her first marriage, their father is the famous journalist and writer Alain Elkann.

It seems the title should be edited: Lavinia Borromeo is princess, not countess.

hello,

hello Jil,

first thanks very much for these wonderful pics!! do you per chance have more pics of the wedding because here in france nothing was to be found; neither is anything available in the various photo agencies! thanks in advance

gilles

Sorry Horn150, that is all the photos I have of the wedding. They came out of two Italian magazines. I got the magazines in Italy when I visted there in September of 2004. I never saw or heard anything about this couple in the American magazines.

Lavinia is not a princess, his father is a prince, but distribution of titles is different in Italy. In Germany, the sons and daughters of a prince are princes and princesses. But in Italy, if for example, Pietro Bianchi is Prince di Torino, his daughter would be Sophia Bianchi dei Principi di Torino (Sophia Bianchi of the Princes of Torino)

jacadenasso said:
Lavinia is not a princess, his father is a prince, but distribution of titles is different in Italy. In Germany, the sons and daughters of a prince are princes and princesses. But in Italy, if for example, Pietro Bianchi is Prince di Torino, his daughter would be Sophia Bianchi dei Principi di Torino (Sophia Bianchi of the Princes of Torino)
Does that not come from a law who abolished all the titles and nobility in Italy?

BTW you're right, she Donna Lavinia, dei Principi Borromeo. But she comes from a princely family, not a "countal" family.

Does anyone have the couple's wedding pictures to post??

Her full name's Donna Lavinia dei Principi Borromeo Arese Taverna.
She has two sisters: Matilde and Isabella, and one half sister named Beatrice and one half-brother. If I'm not mistaken he's called Carlo.

pdas1201 said:
Does anyone have the couple's wedding pictures to post??
Here it is! Donna Lavinia & John Philip Elkann's only wedding picture I was able to find (source gossipnews)

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9049/0004005030elk3pa.jpg

And that of her sister Donna Isabella Borromeo Arese Taverna (gossipnews)

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1967/brachettiborromeo8jc.jpg

You're welcome Elsa!

John and Lavinia's wedding (like that of Lavinia's sister) took place on the Isole Borromee, a group of small islands located on Lake Maggiore in the North of Italy. Click on the link below to learn more, as they have the English version:
http://www.stresa.net/isole/

These islands are the Borromeo family's properties

Tosca said:
Here it is! Donna Lavinia & John Philip Elkann's only wedding picture I was able to find (source gossipnews)

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9049/0004005030elk3pa.jpg

And that of her sister Donna Isabella Borromeo Arese Taverna (gossipnews)

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1967/brachettiborromeo8jc.jpg
Tosca, thanks for the pictures! These sisters are true 'belles', let's hope we'll here more of their endeavors in the future!
I personally am quite taken by the bridal gown of Isabella! Anyone know more about <her> and her wedding? What a modern, yet stunning bride she was!
About Lavinia's dress, it looks like Valentino is running out of ideas. He took Maxima's dress, 'cut' off the sleeves and neck line, added ruffles, and voila! Also, for every famous bride he does the same thing veil-wise: always with those 'dots' dotted all over the veil. I <love> elaborate patterns on a veil, but not dots! There's something cheap-ish about them. Just my opinion.

oh and about Laggo Maggiore: I had the luck to stay in the grand hotel along the lake a few years back, and it was just soooo marvelous, so gorgeous! Am still dreaming about going for a re-visit some day...

A few paparazzi photos by MANGIAROTTI CORRY, via Olympia:

1-3. the guests being transported to the island;
4. pre-wedding party;
5-10. the couple on board of the nupcial boat.

This morning at 10:30 Princess Lavinia Borromeo gave birth to her first baby. The boy received the name Leone,and weights kg 3.250.

Last edited:
Tosca said:
This morning at 10:30 Princess Lavinia Borromeo gave birth to her first baby. The boy received the name Leone,and weights kg 3.250.

CONGRATULATIONS to the happy couple

Donna Lavinia is extremely pretty and aristocratic, and her husbank also. They a re both a dream couple :flowers:

I wish her all the world's hapiness
:lucky:

Congrats to the couple:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: It's happy news.

princess olga said:
Also, for every famous bride he does the same thing veil-wise: always with those 'dots' dotted all over the veil.
This time, however, it seems it's not Valentino's fault. The veil is a family heirloom:

John Elkann e Lavinia Borromeo: la favola è iniziata! - Foto e Gossip

The wedding took place at the Cappella Bianca, in the Isola Madre of Lake Maggiore, which is property of the bride's family. Father Biagio Pizzi and Don Giuseppe Volpati presided over the ceremony and the church was adorned with white and yellow flowers. From the seven hundred guests invited to the reception, only the relatives and close friends of the couple were able to enter the small church.

The bride wore a gown signed by Valentino and she complemented it with a splendid lace veil that is running in the Borromeo family for many years. Valentino was also in charge of the dresses worn by the bridesmaids, Beatrice and Matilde (sisters of the bride), as well as by Isabella Borromeo, who acted as witness.

As anecdote, Prince Giovannelli is said to have offered the couple a peculiar wedding gift... a mixer!!...

John and Lavinia Elkann had their second baby boy, who received the name Oceano (ocean), in honour of the martyr saint that is celebrated on the 4th of Sept, the date of their wedding day.

John and Lavinia Elkann had their second baby boy, who received the name Oceano (ocean), in honour of the martyr saint that is celebrated on the 4th of Sept, the date of their wedding day.

When was the baby boy born Today or Sept 4th?

Last Vanity Fair had a very interesting article about John's mother and her fight with Gianni Agnelli's attorneys. about her inheritance. Seems like Giani Agnelli's widow gave John her own share and there is a disagreement about how her children from the second marriage are being treated.........
Are the Borromeos a rich family as well as titled??

Are the Borromeos a rich family as well as titled??
According to Wiki the family still own some of the Borromean islands in Lake Maggiore.
Other properties can be seen here.

The three pics below show the grand palazzo with its famous terraced gardens in Lake Maggiore, Isola Bella Fronte.

Images free of copyright: Wikipedia Commons, GNU free documentation licence

Attachments

• Italy Borromeo Isola Bella Fronte.jpg
    Italy Borromeo Isola Bella Fronte.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 886
  • Italy Borromeo Isola Bella Fronte1.jpg
    Italy Borromeo Isola Bella Fronte1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 784
  • Italy Borromeo Isola Bella Fronte2.jpg
    Italy Borromeo Isola Bella Fronte2.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 728
Thank you Warren.........They are lovely. Is Beatrice Borromeo a sister of Lavinia?

According to Wiki the family still own some of the Borromean islands in Lake Maggiore.

The islands belong to Lavinia's paternal uncle, Prince Giancarlo Borromeo -who is also the Head of the Borromeo family - along with other castles scattered all over Lombardy.

Thank you Warren.........They are lovely. Is Beatrice Borromeo a sister of Lavinia?

Lavinia is the daughter of Count Carlo Ferdinando and his first wife German ex model Marion Zota. They also have two other daughters: Isabella and Matilde.

Beatrice and her brother Carlo are the children of Carlo Ferdinando and his second wife Countess Paola Marzotto.

ETA: Lavinia and Beatrice's cousin Donna Laura Borromeo d'Adda wed Mr. Marco Lazzaroni, the Amaretto di Saronno heir last Saturday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom