Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos:
Fotobanka ČTK
Victoria lyste ihop med Daniel - DN.se

Old 05-30-2010, 04:04 PM
Courtier

I think the light blue dress absolutely lovely.
The princess and Daniel look very happy.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
But we must not forget that Daniel was very ill and heavily medicated during the winter 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
I know he had to have a kidney transplant. Did they ever say why? Ie what was the nature of the problem to begin with? Is he going to be ok and be able to have a normal life? Victoria has waited so long for this marriage, I just hope that all will be well as she SEEMS to be a very nice and genuine person who is deeply in love with him.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

here you can see a picture of the gift the couple received from the government....
Talmannen och statsministern överlämnade gåva till kronprinsessparet - Riksdagen
Has someone more pictures? The glasses seem to be very beautiful....filligree....
Old 05-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria looks gorgeous!! I love the hat. The Queen looks beautiful too. The King looks smashing and Carl Philip looks a bit ill. It would have been nice to see Madeleine there.
I see a lot of people brought gifts. Is this something like a wedding shower?
Old 05-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Courtier

do they accept gifts from ordinary people?
Old 05-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like this rank thing where only high officials and head of organizations can greet and congratulate the couple. They should allow some "normal" people to congratulate them also.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I know he had to have a kidney transplant. Did they ever say why? Ie what was the nature of the problem to begin with? Is he going to be ok and be able to have a normal life?
Daniel has told that he had been born with the kidney defect but it was discovered when he was 16.
Westling claims kidney illness 'not hereditary' - The Local

Kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels lysningsmottagning Hovbloggen
Old 05-31-2010, 03:28 AM
Gentry

21 pics of the couple from yesterday and story on the gift from the Swedish people through the goverment
Old 05-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I know he had to have a kidney transplant. Did they ever say why? Ie what was the nature of the problem to begin with? Is he going to be ok and be able to have a normal life? Victoria has waited so long for this marriage, I just hope that all will be well as she SEEMS to be a very nice and genuine person who is deeply in love with him.
So long as Daniel takes his Antirejection Medications when and how he's been told and anything else the Doctors have told him to do, he'll be able to have a very normal life. I'm speaking from experience BTW.

My kidneys failed as one of the many side issues of an extremely rare form of Dwarfism I have. My parents were told I have a very mild form of the disease, but if this is the mild form then I'm very thankful that's all it is. For instance, we were also told I'd never reach a normal height and I'm 5"2. :) I don't know why this bone disease goes after the Kidneys and neither do the Doctors, due to it being just so very rare, but it did.

I spent nearly two years on Dialysis and this is the second Transplant I've had. The first one never really worked due to it possibly being too long a time between it getting to me from my Donor. My current Transplant I recieved on December 10th, 1993 and Thank God it's been working just as it should be doing.

You still have to do what you're told to do to keep things that way. For instance, you have to take your Antirejection Meds at the same time every day. No delays or deciding to see what if...Even the slightest difference could start something that in turn ends up endangering the Transplant. Monthly Blood Work is a huge piece of keeping track or and making sure that everything is fine.

There will be things that Daniel won't be able to do, but that has more to do w/the location of the Transplant. It's in the lower abdomen area of the body, so there's no rib cage to protect it like our normal kidneys have. Other than that, there's no reason for him to not have as normal a life as possible.

Sorry for taking this OT, but as a fellow Transplant Recipient, for once I can actually say that I know what, in this case, a Future Member of a Royal Family has and is going through. I have noticed that Daniel's lost a lot of what's known as "The Moon Face look" the last five months. What causes that is from the high drug levels, especially Predinsone, that every Recepient is put on during the early days of everything. As time goes on and the body adjusts, then the dosages of the meds also are adjusted and that look goes away.

Which is great because it's a fantastic sign that Daniel's new Kidney is very happy and staying that way. :)

And on that note...I hope that answers your questions caroline matilda. :)
Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Tiggersk8;1087459]I'm speaking from experience BTW.
QUOTE]

Hi, Tiggersk8. Just wanted to say thanks for providing some insight into Daniel's medical condition and recovery. I had noticed the characteristic you refer to as "moon-face" and thought it had something to do with the condition, not the treatment. I think he is a nice looking man but in older pictures he has more angular features and looked more athletic/chiseled.

Your explanation was information and it is nice to get it first-hand from someone who knows.

I'm happy your system continues to work correctly and hope that it continues to do so for many years. I am sure your advice about proper medication is something Daniel has received more than a few times from his doctors.

Thanks again for the info. Hope to see more postings from you in the future.

Rascal
Old 05-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

Here is a video on the glasses Victoria and Daniel received:
http://www.tv4.se/1.1659697
The frozen optic of the glasses was choosen because of the date of engagement and the place were Daniel asked Victoria to marry him. That Victoria is a princess of the north was also important.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I don't like this rank thing where only high officials and head of organizations can greet and congratulate the couple. They should allow some "normal" people to congratulate them also.
There were not only high officials and head of organizations. There were also friends and family like the nephew of Queen Silvia, Patrick Sommerlath, the sister of Daniel and also many friends of the couple. Here you can read about it (in english). Emma Pernald did also attend...
Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 AM
Aristocracy

I think the glasses are very beautiful.

Here is a video from the church yesterday: Kungafamiljen anländer till lysningen - Nyhetskanalen - Sveriges nyhetskanal på nätet - direktsända nyheter, nyhetsklipp och hela sändningar från TV4Nyheterna - tv4play.se
Old 05-31-2010, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for all pictures and videos Everybody looked great. Victoria was all in smiles. Daniel looks-a-like his father.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
He had contact lenses at the engagement events. I think that he looks better with glasses. But we must not forget that Daniel was very ill and heavily medicated during the winter 2009.
ANP Beeldbank
So true. And he has lost a lot of weight since then. Thank you all for the updates and photos! They all look so happy! I'm sure this is going to be the wedding of the decade!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Articles on the wedding dress, jewellery, flowers and the guest list will be published under this heading on the wedding day.

The wedding day - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hr fr Victoria och Daniel va sig lite - Brllopet - Allt om kronprinsessan Victorias och Daniels brllop | Expressen
Great photos, though its a pity that the king seldom smiles...
Purepeople: Victoria de Sude : Plus personne ne peut s'opposer son mariage historique !
Photos:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Per Gessle (from Roxette) with his wife
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Victoria's friend Martina Gahn Bonde with boyfriend Carl Liska.
b-e-w photo
Victoria's cousins Victor and Oscar Magnuson
b-e-w photo
Victoria's cousin Gustav Magnuson
b-e-w photo
Swedish billionaire Robert Andrn with wife Agneta
b-e-w photo
Old 05-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

And still some photos:
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk