Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved seeing the Royals taking their own personal pictures. It really helped to give that "Family feel" to the Wedding. Many of them are cousins after all, so...Don't understand why some are upset over this.

Those pictures of Letitzia standing next to Mathilde...There is something very wrong there w/Letiztia, as she's just way too thin. I hope it's not an eating disorder, as I wouldn't want anyone to experience that after watching a close friend battle w/Bulimia. Regardless...She's just too thin to be really healthy and that's a worrying thing.

Is there a picture of Crown Princess Victoria bowing her head to her father King Gustaf right as she gets to the top of the stairs, after the boat ride? I have seen lots of film of them hugging after the King took off his hat, then the new Royal Couple huggs each others parents. But I could have sworn that she bowed her head to her father first. .

No she didn't bow to him. You can see it clearly in this clip at around 4:02. If it looks like she bowed her head it was to watch her step and avoid stepping on her dress, she does it a couple of times while going up the stairs.

Thank you Humera. Seems like you always come to my rescue. CP Victoria was beautiful. Just glowing with happiness. And very graceful in her dress going up those stairs. Thanks again.

I must admit I was against this wedding, but when I saw Crownprincess Victoria shinning with happyness in her wedding dress, I knew I was wrong. The important thing in a wedding is that the groom and the bride will love each other. If they does, things will go all right for this couple, Royal or not. :flowers:

Vanesa.

Royals taking photos

All royals took pictures on the day of the wedding with there own cameras.
It's happened at other weddings too, it is a wedding after all.
I agree. loved the fact that most of the royals took pictures, most of us take our cameras along whenever we go to a special event, why should royals be any different?

We've already seen Mary, Maxima, Mette-Marit posing for pictures together, here are some images of various royals taking some candid shots:

Maxima taking pictures, most likely of the planes flying past:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Crown Prince Naruhito taking pictures of the crowd from the balcony

Crown Prince Frederik taking pictuers:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Frederik and Maxima admiring their photography skills:
Photo 1
Photo 2

Another person from the balcony taking pictures of the crowd, not sure who it is though: Photo

Infanta Elena (background left) taking pictures of the dancing couple

I think it makes perfect sense to take pictures to document these things for themselves. I wouldn't want to have to rely on the press for pictures of every event I went to and the press doesn't have the same perspective anyways.... Besides Lumutqueen put it best...it is a wedding after all.

Another person from the balcony taking pictures of the crowd, not sure who it is though: Photo

Slightly off topic, but I love her iPhone cover.

Last edited:
I must admit I was against this wedding, but when I saw Crownprincess Victoria shinning with happyness in her wedding dress, I knew I was wrong. The important thing in a wedding is that the groom and the bride will love each other. If they does, things will go all right for this couple, Royal or not. :flowers:

Vanesa.

Vanesa, you sound like me! I was originally appalled by CP Victoria's choice of Daniel Westling...I even hoped that she would renounce her rights to the throne in favor of her brother Prince Carl-Philip.

But I was crying real tears listening Daniel's speech to his wedding guests...it was so full of humility and adoration! Everything about this magnificent wedding, especially the obvious joy of the bridal couple, has really won me over and I look forward to watching them in the future. :flowers:

I loved seeing the Royals taking their own personal pictures. It really helped to give that "Family feel" to the Wedding. Many of them are cousins after all, so...Don't understand why some are upset over this....

I don't understand the comments about this either. One of my favorite things about this wedding aside from the obvious joy of both the bride and groom is the opportunity we were given by SVT to see the different royals interact with each other.

I loved watching them take pictures. They may be royal, but they are human after all. It was really wonderful to see Fred taking pictures of Mary, Mette Marit and Maxima together in the same way that we would at the wedding of a friend or family member.

After the wedding waltz it was time for dancing and that meant music by Carola and Roxette. For at least the first hour Victoria and Daniel only danced with each other. After an hour or so it was time for disco! Rock it Baby! :cool: By then some of the older guests left, including QMII & PH. But the rest rocked on and at some point Queen Silvia had to ask the guests to limit the enthusiasm of the footwork because a chandellier on the floor below was in danger of falling down...

Is it true that the chandelier almost fell? Can anyone else confirm this?

Lucky you, that you get all those interviews... And thanks for keeping the rest uf us informed!

For at least the first hour Victoria and Daniel only danced with each other. After an hour or so it was time for disco! Rock it Baby! :cool: By then some of the older guests left, including QMII & PH. But the rest rocked on and at some point Queen Silvia had to ask the guests to limit the enthusiasm of the footwork because a chandellier on the floor below was in danger of falling down...

I read somewhere that the structure of the palace was not built (back in the old days) to hold so many people. Part of the "cost" of the wedding included some renovation and reinforcement work at the palace. So this story about the floors shaking is quite plausible- especially when you add "rock" type music and foot stomping type of dancing. This palace was more likely built for violins, harps and slow waltz...

I'll say it again , it was a wonderful wedding and it touched me like no other. I think Daniel will do well as a prince and as a couple they will do well too.
The only thing: the King's body language to Daniel. IN the few times they greet each other it was a good handshake, no big warm hug. It is still King to subject, not father(in law) to son. Don;t get me wrong, the king looked genuinely happy for his daughter and said all the right words, and led the cheers etc. but I can't help thinking he still holds some reticence to Daniel. It's like "OK prove to me that you fit in and deserve her". But may be he is the kind of father who thinks no one is ever good enough for his little girl. Only my opinion.

Congratulations to the happy couple and cheers, everyone.

PS- Thank you LadyFinn for the videos! they were great.

I read somewhere that the structure of the palace was not built (back in the old days) to hold so many people.
Where would this 'somewhere' as a source be? The 'White Sea' ballroom has been holding parties of people just as large as the wedding party for more than three centuries, and the 600-room Stockholm Palace is, if anything, rather too massive and sturdily built.
Of course the story makes for nice anecdote-telling though.
The Part of the "cost" of the wedding included some renovation and reinforcement work at the palace.
No. The only recently restored room used during the wedding was the Bernadotte Gallery, where the cutting of the cake took place, but this restoration work wasn't done in connection with the wedding.

I have never seen a royal wedding at which so many different exterior and interior settings of a Palace were used so efficiently and beautifully.
Everything was planned, designed and orchestrated to perfection.

I never said I had absolute knowledge. I only said this is plausible based on an article i read- and no i don't remeber which one. When I find it ...etc I'll let you know .

Evidently Boris you claim to have "inside" knowledge. Why don't you tell us more?

I never said I had absolute knowledge. I only said this is plausible based on an article i read- and no i don't remeber which one. When I find it ...etc I'll let you know .

Evidently Boris you claim to have "inside" knowledge. Why don't you tell us more?
Where is it evident that I claim "inside" knowledge?
Everyone can read books about the history and architecture of royal palaces... and everyone can catch up on the latest of restorations on the Bernadotte website. It's an ongoing process as with every historic building of that size and importance.
I just feel uncomfortable when nice anecdotes aren't treated as such. IMHO it's always more agreeable to sepearate facts from fiction.;)

I have never seen a royal wedding at which so many different exterior and interior settings of a Palace were used so efficiently and beautifully.
Everything was planned, designed and orchestrated to perfection.

You have absolutely right: beside the hapiness of those two stunning people the next things who impresse me was images with this beautiful city Stokholm and the Palace. :ohmy:
My first thought was : Oh my God I have to go to see these wonders.:flowers:

The only thing: the King's body language to Daniel. IN the few times they greet each other it was a good handshake, no big warm hug. It is still King to subject, not father(in law) to son. Don;t get me wrong, the king looked genuinely happy for his daughter and said all the right words, and led the cheers etc. but I can't help thinking he still holds some reticence to Daniel. It's like "OK prove to me that you fit in and deserve her". But may be he is the kind of father who thinks no one is ever good enough for his little girl. Only my opinion.

The King doesn´t normally show his feelings, there is only one photo of him kissing the Queen, it was at their wedding, and that was a "secret" kiss, which one photographer got. That´s why the Queen was so suprised when the King gave her a rose and a kiss on the hand. I think that the King thought that if he would have hugged Daniel, that may have looked a little bit exaggarated because they haven´t communicated much together in public. But when Daniel spoke to Victoria and to the King and the Queen, the King seemed very warm towards Daniel. And when Daniel had finished his speech, the King went to him and said "Bra gjort! = Well done!" to Daniel, it was heard by the microphone though the King thought that the microphone was off then.

"Well done" was indeed not just the speech of the groom but the whole inscenation of the wedding. Since I was a little girl and saw the wedding of Princess Margret I saw several royal weddings on tv, as the clothes always interest me and there is still a little girl somewhere hidden inside of me. But I remember only three, besides the one of Princess Margaret the one of Charles and Diana, and the recent spanish one. But this wedding tops them all and I really doubt it will be topped anytime soon. Not just because of the immense sympathy between bride and groom and the smiles and tears in the audience which mirrored their joy, but because of the work of all the countless and nameless others who worked for it. Me too now wants to travel to Sweden, which seems to be a kind of paradise where the days never end and everybody is friendly, cheerful and handsome amidst lovely nature and beautiful sights, while romantic music is being played. As a public relations act, which it also was, it certainly worked for me!:flowers:

The Swedish photographer Bengt Kjellin from Göteborgs-Posten has taken advantage of the advanced photo techniques "GigaPan" where 200 zoom photos merged into one.

This means that every detail of the image can be viewed by zooming in from the extreme position, which depicts the Swedish Stockholm Castle. Truly amazing! :)

Fullscreen Gigapan Viewer: Royal Wedding in Stockholm Sweden

P. Iman doesn't smile in any of the pictures. I can understand that it is boring for her but it is a wedding.

I wonder why they brought her if she's so young for these kind of events?

She's 13 nearly 14, i would think that was an alright age to attend a wedding and not look that bored.

She's 13 nearly 14, i would think that was an alright age to attend a wedding and not look that bored.
Yeah but she sure did look like she'd rather be dead then there.

Rather be dead is a little exaggeration IMO.
Well she's old enough to be at the wedding, and she should have put on a smile and at least looked happy. If she was truely ill perhaps, she shouldn't have come a lot.
Why wasn't her elder brother invited?

I haven't seen any photos of the King hugging Carl Philip, though I think I see what you mean.

Has anyone got a picture of the King kissing Victoria's hand before handing her over to Daniel? I thought that was a sweet moment!

Somebody posted somewhere the speach of the priest during the ceremony. Who knows, where I can find it? Thanks a lot for the help... I wonder what made them smile and wink at each other.

Back
Top Bottom