Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In German television they just said that Daniel is going to hold a speech, too. Do you know if it's true?

King's speech was amazing, I understood a bit but not much (my Swedish skills aren't that good yet).
He told how proud he was, how big thing marriage is and how he thinks Victoria will be a great queen one day, etc. The part I understood the best was when he spoke to Victoria and said something like "my biggest wish has been - and is - for you to be happy".

As someone who doesn't understand a lick of Swedish, I was worried about watching the news feed, but I'm loving this! I love seeing all the different personalities and nationalities mingling and chatting.

Same here.
We should be fluent after this:flowers:.

Princess Laurentien has the best jewels of the day to me. Love her tiara and earrings. Anyone know the name of the tiara?

SVT is now interviewing two crew members of the royal launch. One of them is a woman.

As someone who doesn't understand a lick of Swedish, I was worried about watching the news feed, but I'm loving this! I love seeing all the different personalities and nationalities mingling and chatting. Makes me wish I could be a fly on the way when I see all the hand gestures and laughter!!!! Everyone looks soooo happy.

Swedish is pretty pleasant to the ears. :)

I could not understand what the King said but when he offered the pink rose to the Queen, I surmised he thanked her for something. Could these among us who know Swedish explain what was said? Also Victoria looked quite moved. Thank you.

Jonas is history. She looks like she' put him behind her.

Same here.
We should be fluent after this:flowers:.

I have a Swedish dictionary but I don't think I could look up anything fast enough to follow along lol.

I have really been enjoying this and not just because it is my first royal wedding to see happening live. Just seeing all the royals having fun and being together is enjoyable. I'm glad no one else is home right now since I keep laughing/tearing up during this telecast lol. The icing on the cake has been Victoria and Daniel, they are the happiest and most in love couple I have seen. I could go on and on, but I need to eat before they cut back to the hall lol.

We don´t see her. She is bored.

I wonder about Iman too. I only saw her come in by herself (and bodyguard), I wonder where she is seated. She'd have to be sitting with the royals. Haven't seen Noor, Rym and Rashid either. They've showed a couple of glimpses of Sarvath with Wilhelm-Alexander.

Nice picture of Queen Rania

Last edited:
I could not understand what the King said but when he offered the pink rose to the Queen, I surmised he thanked her for something. Could these among us who know Swedish explain what was said? Also Victoria looked quite moved. Thank you.
How I understood a part of it: "warm thanks for the love and support you have showed me for yet another year".

yess!! the official pics! i hope we get the HQ versions soon.

I can't speak/understand Swedish either. I thought the pink rose was for their own anniversary.;):flowers: Could someone clarify this, please?

Back
Top Bottom