Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could someone tell me the name of the last song of the wedding - the one in english

At least it's not raining although it looks cloudy.

Mabel's outfit is horrendous! I can't believe she wore it to the wedding. It screams attention seeking to me

I am the only one upset to see that Charlene was seated among the Kings and Queen?

She's the only thing I could see when Daniel was making his vows!
Call me an insufferable snob but her presence at such a good place considerably cheapened the event to me. She's not even engaged to PA, for Christ's sake!
I don't mind that she was there but why did they have to sit her among Royal ladies? When Felipe brought Eva at M-M's wedding, she was sited with less important guests, and it should have been the case with Charlene too.

Apart from that mishap, the ceremony was a brilliant success. The music is absolutely dreamy (aside that cheesy English song that closed the ceremony, what the hell was that? It sounded like a Disney song).
Victoria completely surprised me. That tiara is such a hard piece to pull off but she looked magnificent. The dress had the right balance between modesty, modernity and stylishness. I loved the simplicity of the silhouette and that amazing collar (which I found very sexy in the most elegant way possible) and how well cut it was.

Also, I really wasn't sold on Daniel but seeing just how happy he obviously makes Victoria, I say, let him be. The way she kissed his hand when she reached him inside the Church completely silenced my criticisms.

As for the guests, I thought the Queens brought it, but the crown princesses were all underwhelming.

She kept laughing at something during the ceremony when others just kept a poker face or smiled briefly. I thought it was funny when they were walking out after the ceremony - PA with Anna Wiestling and CW alone seemed like she was catching up to PA to tag along. With that said and reserving about my thoughts on CW (who wore the same thing she wore yesterday except in beige and different jewelry), I will bet on an engagement announcement on or before October, 2010.

That is a fast moving carriage!

I wouldn't want to be in the place of the bodyguards running next to the carriage. 8 km. Phew!

I always feel sorry for the protection officers having to run alongside - the carriage is going quite quickly

I feel sorry for the protection officers running next to the carriage! I'm so happy for them :) I hope Charlene & Albert are the next royal wedding.

The Security detail have to show they are capable of running long distances or else they are assigned elsewhere. They work out daily to keep in shape.

Last edited:
Why didn't they just put the security in uniforms and have them on the back of the carriage? (Isn't that what the Brits do??) Looks very odd, running alongside. Like they're being chased. :lol:

Oh my God she looks amazing and i love love the ceremony. They look sooo happy :flowers:

H&M! Sorry. But I wonder if they will/have pass(ed) by an IKEA as well.

Why didn't they just put the security in uniforms and have them on the back of the carriage? (Isn't that what the Brits do??) Looks very odd, running alongside. Like they're being chased. :lol:

Yes but the Brits also have horses right on the side so instead of horses surrounding them I guess they opted for security guards.

That was beautiful. I loved it when Daniel started crying. Victoria looked so happy when she was standing on the stairs that it just bubbled over!

I feel like I'm eating my words- the Cameo tiara (yay, I won my bet on that one!) actually looks good on Victoria. Shock!

Loved the live feed showing all the jewels!

Last edited:
There's men running with the carriage.
I guess they're super fit.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!!! She looked wonderful, he looked handsome. Kudos the the Royal Family.:lol:

Forgot to add, I'm glad Madeleine shut up her detractors with her impeccable behavior.

There were people who were insinuating she might attempt to sabotage her own sister's wedding with bad attitude (rolling my eyes).
As expected, she was nothing short of graceful, supportive and enthusiastic and never did anything to upstage the bride at any point of the three days events.

Well done Madeleine!

Back
Top Bottom