Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought Q Rania looked lovely, but not suitable for a Royal wedding. If she'd been dressed up like that for the Oscars, or Baftas, that would have been fine. Tidier hair and a more 'princessy' dress would have been nice.

Don't the Dutch royal family always look so happy? it make you even overlook Mabel's 'dress' (just about!). I do like her tiara though. Laurentien wore her tiara like 1950s american waitresses wore their caps.

when i first saw Victoria's dress, i thought how plain it looked and admit to being a little disappointed. but the more i looked at it, the more i liked it. She really did stand out amongst those glamorous princesses, and she looked exactly like she should have, like a Bride. And an extremely happy one at that. Good for her. I would have liked to see Madeleine wear her aquamarine (?) tiara but i suppose it's a little small for such a big event. I though Silvia's dress at the concert was fantastic.

The spanish Infantas are looking a little older than their age. I liked Christina's green dress, and i admired Elena's pink one. A bit overdone but i think she had the poise to carry it off. Letizia always looks picture perfect. i just wished she'd look happy as well.

Mette-Maritt has just grown and grown into her role. she always looks immaculate and her hair so lovely. and i really liked her new tiara. Though i don't think it's new. It looks vintage. MarthaLouise looked very happy, and the pink suited her.

not so keen on Mary's bluish dress with goldish lace and ruby tiara. I thought the colours clashed a little, but overall she always looks lovely. And such nice hair.

Sophie looked lovely.

I quite liked Alexia's dress but i think her hair should have been up.

Margethe always looks dramatic; i liked her green dress.

princess birgitta of sweden, if i have the right one, she looked most unwell.

Not sure, but they might have just been caught in a strange moment. With all the photographers that were there, probably couldn't have kept a smile on your face the whole time...

Bea and Max were both really emotional during the wedding. There's photos of tears and hankys on so many royals. Victoria must be really really loved. Its hard not to love her.

I guess this belongs here.

Various details from a lot of articles in Billed Bladet #25, 2010 (Danish magazine)
Written by Annelise Weimann & Ulrik Ulriksen.

In contrast to V&D, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia did not kiss at all druing their wedding. At least not in public.

The bridal dress was designed by Victoria's favourite designer Pär Engsheden.

The tiara Madeleine wore on the wedding day really belongs to her mother.

At the dinner after the wedding Maxima had Frederik as her table partner and a lot of loud laughter was heard from their part of the table.

Mette-Marit has a new stylist.

QMII's dress was from Birgitte Taulow.

Silvia wore a/the Brazilian tiara.

More than 100 million are estimated to have seen the wedding on TV worldwide. (I guess that includes the Net as well).

There were 1.200 present in the church during the wedding.

Victoria's veil is from 1858 and was also worn by Queen Silvia.

Victoria's tiara is from from 1809 and it was a gift from Napoleon to Empress Josephine.

Mary's tablepartner at the galadinner after the wedding was the brother-in-law of King Carl Gustaf, Tord Magnuson.

There were 424 guests at the galadinner after the wedding. The tablecloths are from 1891.

The barge, Kungaslupen, that V&D were sailed in, were rowed by cadets. There were 5-8 seconds between each stroke with the oars to ensure a plain sailing.

If you wish to write the newleweds, you can do so here:
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessans hovstat.
Kungl. Slottet.
111 30 Stockholm
Sverige

- Don't expect an immediate reply....

After the pre-wedding concert, some of the royal guests went on to Grand Hotel to an improvised party there.That of course included Mary and Willem-Alexander who sat beside each other in the Cadier-bar and had a great time together.
The party went on to after midnight.
Among them were Mary & Frederik, Willem-Alexander and his Maxima, Märtha Louise and her Ari Behn, Letizia and hubby, Carina Axelsson and Alexia of Greece, Mette-Marit and her Haakon, Nikolaos and Tatiana Blatnik, Alexandra of Berleburg and the old folks in the shape of King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie.

After the wedding waltz it was time for dancing and that meant music by Carola and Roxette. For at least the first hour Victoria and Daniel only danced with each other. After an hour or so it was time for disco! Rock it Baby! :cool: By then some of the older guests left, including QMII & PH. But the rest rocked on and at some point Queen Silvia had to ask the guests to limit the enthusiasm of the footwork because a chandellier on the floor below was in danger of falling down...
By now many had discarded the shoes (the stilettos I presume), among them Mette-Marit.
Madeleine was among the most eager and talented on the dance floor.
V&D tiptoed away around 03.00.
The party ended around 05.00. (Way past sunup at this time of the year).

Bea and Max were both really emotional during the wedding. There's photos of tears and hankys on so many royals. Victoria must be really really loved. Its hard not to love her.
Yes, and she seems to be to me the most grounded and healthy minded royal I can percieve! She worked hard as a young adult and has blossemed into a beautiful, hardworking, empathetic person. Good for them both :flowers:

Beatrix is wearing the Order of the Seraphim, as is Willem-Alexander. Maxima is wearing the Order of the Polar Star.

Thank you :flowers:

And why all the colors are different? I mean, for example, usually Mette-Marit wears red, Queen Beatrix wears a strong blue than Máxima, is it according to the national flag?

Each order has it's own sash color. The Order of the Seraphim's sash is the light blue one worn by Beatrix and Willem-Alexander. Maxima is wearing the Order of the Polar Star, which has a darker blue sash edged with yellow. The red one trimmed in blue/white that Mette-Marit usually wears is the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav (the highest order in Norway). Hope that helps.

Each order has it's own sash color. The Order of the Seraphim's sash is the light blue one worn by Beatrix and Willem-Alexander. Maxima is wearing the Order of the Polar Star, which has a darker blue sash edged with yellow. The red one trimmed in blue/white that Mette-Marit usually wears is the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav (the highest order in Norway). Hope that helps.

Thank you very much!! :flowers::flowers::ROFLMAO:

:shock: I must say i'm much disappointed with P. Albert. HOW does he DARE to attend the wedding with Miss Wisttock instead lof P. Caroline? :angry::angry: :angry: She's not his wife, therefore, she's no royalty, she's not EVEN his formal fiancée... Oh i feel so sad... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Why should a man of almost 52 go to a wedding with his elder sister?!:sad:

Maxima and Frederik were dinner partners??!! What fun..no wonder there was lots of laughter coming from their table! :lol:

Well they sat together at the dinner, of that is what you mean. He was also sat next to Mathilde.

Last edited:
^^
It was Mathilde who was next to Frederick, I think that MM was next to Guillaume.
Those three were having a great time in the dinner.

^^
It was Mathilde who was next to Frederick, I think that MM was next to Guillaume.
Those three were having a great time in the dinner.

Just like the S's the M's confuse me as well. Thank you.

Beautiful wedding!

I am a long time lurker to these boards and always amazed by the depth of knowledge about all of the royal families. I wanted to say that this wedding was beautiful and elegant; you could certainly see that these two love one another. God bless!
trudy <><

Gifts

I noticed that the little girls that took part in the wedding received bracelets as a gift.
They all had them on the day of wedding.
I had noticed earlier in a photo of the rehearsals that one of the little ones was carrying a red box when
she left the church.

I wonder what the little boys received.

I still cannont find out what the medals were that Daniel's father was wearing. One is the wedding medal.

I could tell that he was nervous. He was pronouncing his words very carefully as if he were afraid of something. He warmed up a lot toward the end. He's a good public speaker.

I noticed that the little girls that took part in the wedding received bracelets as a gift.
I had noticed earlier in a photo of the rehearsals that one of the little ones was carrying a red box when
she left the church.

I also noticed that several of the bridesmaids and flower girls were wearng these bracelets in the wedding photos, including the two little princesses. They looked Van Cleef & Arpel-ish - their clover design. I was wondering if they were a gift and why the others weren't wearing them. What would one give the little boys as an equivilant?

she left the church.

I still cannont find out what the medals were that Daniel's father was wearing. One is the wedding medal.

Olle Westling was UN soldier in Gaza (therefore the 2 medals) and he got the Seraphim medal from the king

The bracelets are the official wedding bracelets, one could buy in souvenier shops
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

A question about the "Clover" design

Was the clover design a logo for the wedding? Or a swedish symbol? It looked like even the cake was made in this shape.

Back
Top Bottom