Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, most likely because she is not his official fiance or his wife. Which is also why she was not in the official photo.

yes, most likely because she is not his official fiance or his wife. Which is also why she was not in the official photo.

But Tatiana Blatnik is Prince Nicholoas official fiancee and she was neither listed next to his name, nor in the official picture.

Again, because she is not his wife and Nikolaos is not in the official picture either. Only family, heads of states and heirs were in the picture.

Are we entirely sure that Pss Caroline was not invited? Perhaps it was that she was contacted previously and asked not to be invited....certainly, the invitation list would only have been published with the names of the ones who accepted.

It seems churlish not to invite the Heiress Presumptive to the Principality of Monaco - especially in light of the invites sent to the have-tiara-won't-miss-it-for-anything crowd.

^^^^^^^^^^^
She was not on any of the invite lists for any of the events. It is possible that she refused the invite, but then she would still be on the invite list at the start. Just like Charles, Camilla, William and Harry.

Well it doesn't matter how she got there, she was there. And like i've said i'm glad she was.

I really doubt they have released a "who was invited" list, it is....unimportant, to say the least.

Maybe with what's going on with Prince Ernst August, Caroline decided it would be better to not attend.

I really doubt they have released a "who was invited" list, it is....unimportant, to say the least.

Maybe with what's going on with Prince Ernst August, Caroline decided it would be better to not attend.

I agree although there seems to be some source that is being bandied about as a definitive invitee list.

I was thinking exactly that about Prince Ernst.

I loved the picture that included Pss Madeleine, CP Mary, CP Maxima & CP Mette-Marit. Mary seems pensive, as though recalling her own wedding. Maxima looks like she's giving MM a hard time as MM dabs her eyes. Weddings do bring back such strong memories of one's own nuptials. (I had it in mind that Madeleine was thinking "boy, am I glad I dodged that loser I had!")

Somewhere I read way back in this thread that while she was dressing there was an accident and her dress was torn beyond quick repair. What she wore was a "quick fix". I just can't believe, though, that she hadn't brought along a backup outfit just for this sort of emergency!

Her dress didn't really rip, the person who said that was being sarcastic, lol:)

Are there any HQs of the boat trip, the CP couple of Norway and Prince Phillipos of Greece?!

I agree although there seems to be some source that is being bandied about as a definitive invitee list.

I was thinking exactly that about Prince Ernst.

I loved the picture that included Pss Madeleine, CP Mary, CP Maxima & CP Mette-Marit. Mary seems pensive, as though recalling her own wedding. Maxima looks like she's giving MM a hard time as MM dabs her eyes. Weddings do bring back such strong memories of one's own nuptials. (I had it in mind that Madeleine was thinking "boy, am I glad I dodged that loser I had!")

can you put this picture up? Love to see it.

can you put this picture up? Love to see it.

Go to post #2043 in this thread and click on that link. I don't want to re-post it and take up even more bandwidth. I really like it! Hope you do.

bridesmaid dresses

Did anyone else think that the bridesmaid dresses remind them of Queen Silvia's wedding dress or is it just me? :)

I assumed that the way the invites work is like this:

Prince Albert and GUEST are invited, he chooses who he invites. That's how regular weddings work, so I always assumed thats how the royal weddings work. The RSVP would say Albert and Charlene, which is why she was on the guest list.

In England you would never invite "and guest" to a formal wedding; the assumption being that if you don't know enough about a person to know his or her name, they certainly shouldn't be sharing a special occasion like a wedding with you. I'm absolutely certain that Charlene Wittstock would have been named in the invitation. However, I would imagine that the court officials in both countries would have been discussing beforehand who was going to be invited, and Charlene Wittstock wouldn't have been invited if the Monegasques hadn't suggested it would be pleasing.

Some photos - CP Mary and family

This are such good pictures. Fred and Mary look so regal and then there's their son, being a little boy. Too precious.

Last edited by a moderator:
:shock: I must say i'm much disappointed with P. Albert. HOW does he DARE to attend the wedding with Miss Wisttock instead lof P. Caroline? :angry::angry: :angry: She's not his wife, therefore, she's no royalty, she's not EVEN his formal fiancée... Oh i feel so sad... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Charlene and Albert have been together quite a while AND she was invited. So exactly what was wrong with her attending? It's not like she crashed the place.

http://img238.imagevenue.com/img.ph...leine_of_sweden_wedding_011_122_122_152lo.jpg

Are Mary, Maxima and Mette-Marit all wearing the same sashes and orders?

Yes. They're all wearing the Order of the Polar Star, and I think this is the first I've seen Mary wearing it, so she might have had it conferred upon her shortly before the wedding.

Whatever makes you think Charlene was invited? Did I miss something?

OF COURSE ALBERT HAD A CHOICE, to think otherwise is quite silly.

I have no problem with Charlene being there. Tatiana Blatnik has been attending events with Nikolaos for many years, before they were engaged, and there was no problem. To me, it does not matter if they are married or engaged. If Albert wants to bring Charlene, he can bring Charlene.

Some people need to just get over themselves.
This is royalty and as such they set the example .I would have liked Charlene and Steph to attend together. He could have gotten an invite for Steph too- about time she went to one of these functions as she has matured. and is closer in age to Victoria

They won't let those of us that are outside the country see the video. Is there somewhere els maybe?

Finally finished uploading the wedding Enjoy!

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Oh crap I forgot one last video I didn't add into the zip folder. It's the dancing after the waltz
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Is there anyway you could do the same thing for the concert? I would die with happiness if you could.

Dear Lazuli, Princess Caroline is wife of Prince Ernst August of Hanover and since their wedding she is present at some royal festivites as his wife, not as pincess of Monaco. In this situation I think the Hannovers weren't invite for wedding. I heard that P. Victoria and P. Albert are close so maybe she knows something that we don't... (???) and she decided to invite Charlene.

Did anyone see Prince Nikolaos kiss Tatiana at the reception? I thought that was sweet. It was either while they were waiting in the receiving line in the room with the cake, or right after they got done greeting the bride and groom. Nikoloas sneaked in a kiss on the cheek for Tatiana!:wub:

ruthieviews

All of the official photos of the wedding and guests show royalty and official visitors. Were any of Victoria and Daniel's friends invited to the wedding ceremony and the wedding dinner? I know they were included in parties leading up to the wedding, but I am puzzled why none of them were included in the formal wedding and dinner. If they were there, they were not included in the hundreds of pictures that I viewed.

Medals

I see that some posters have asked about the medals that the
children were wearing after the wedding and about the one worn
by Daniels Mother and Sister.

It was also asked about Daniel's father's three medals that he wore.

Does anyone know what they are.

I noticed that Daniel had his own after the wedding but right before he
left the church.

Back
Top Bottom