Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Due to my tummy rebelling on me when I woke up this morning, I ended up taking two Gravol and going back to bed. Which in turn made me miss all the fun in here today. I was really looking forward to enjoying this amazing day w/all of you too. :sad:

I've got an awful lot of catching up to do, but I'm looking forward to it. :D

My thoughts...

Victoria looked glorious today!! She was simply stunning. Loved the Dress and it looked amazing on her. As for all of those doubters when it came to the Cameo Tiara...Victoria not only wore it well, but did it justice as well. I also have a brand new favourite All Time Royal Bride's Bouquet. Sophie, Countess of Wessex's was in top spot, but not anymore. Victoria's was gorgeous and not too big or outlandish either. It really was beautiful.

Daniel was quite the dapper Groom and both he and Victoria were just literally overflowing w/joy and love for each other. You can feel it through any of the video coverage I've seen. My favourite picture so far is over at Hello Magazine's section for the Wedding. At one point during the Ceremony, Victoria reaches up and w/the back of her fingers brushes Daniel's cheek. It's just such a lovely and intimate gesture and combined w/the look that's being exchanged between the two of them and...Sigh!! :) :) :)

I don't really have a favourite gown, as most of the Royal Ladies today all looked good for the most part, but mostly because I'm not a fan of the latest fashion trend of the multi ruffled skirt for Formal Gowns. I did adore the colour of Madeleine's dress, as well as Mette-Marit's. I also liked Infanta Cristina's dress.

Princess Mabel OTOH....Yi yi yi!!! What was she thinking!?! W/out a doubt, the Worst Dressed Guest at the Wedding.

A pity that Infanta Elena decided to go for the full on Bullfighter look on her bolero jacket. If the jacket had only the diamond design detail on it, then that and the dress would have been a real winner for HRH. Instead, it was just way too much and ended up being a Hot Mess.

Finally saw a picture of Princess Clare and that sheer material that made up the sleeve just does not go w/the dress. For that kind of a design, you need to have the sleeve match the rest of the dress, because then whomever is looking at you will have their eyes drawn to that mis matched sleeve and it won't matter what the rest of the dress looks like after that. Too bad too, as it had potential to be a real show stopper.

It *finally* clicked for me who Prince Carl Philip has been reminding me of. It's been driving me nuts the last couple of months, but it finally came to me today. Now I could be mistaken here, but...He really has quite the resemblance to Orlando Bloom. At least I think so.

So sad Princess Lilian wasn't there, but it's even sadder the reason why she couldn't attend. I lost my own Great Aunt, whom I was close to, to Alzheimer's. It is a cruel, cruel disease and I can easily imagine how heartbreaking it was to the Family to learn about the Princess' diagnosis. :sad: :sad:

All in all, a glorious day for a lovely young couple.

Wishing them all the best for a wonderful life filled w/love, happiness and the blessings of family.

Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden!! :flowers:

I read the King's speech and it's really nice. But they left out the party where he thanked the Queen, didn't they?

The wedding was beautiful, Princess Victoria's tiara was not! That tiara is identical to a Burger King Crown.

I must say that I too found the bride's choice of tiara intersting and a bit odd.

I thought she was very beautiful and hate that I had to say that. That did sound very mean and cruel. But the tiara was not nice. I was shocked!:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
My god what a day I've slept for 3 hours all day and I just finished sorting my pictures from the wedding. I've got one more thing to do then off to bed finally. Gotta say seeing as it was my first real royal wedding it was magnificent and didn't disappoint. I am in love with that couple I just hope with all my heart they have many wonderful years to come cause they both seem like great people who definitely deserve happiness.

What's a beautiful wedding. Victoria was stunning and so happy but Daniel looked sometimes overwhelmed.:)
Victoria wedding gown was the best I have seen at royal wedding for years: very elegant and simple, it is kind of dress that will be admired at pics even many years later. I love her crown like tiara and veil. She was just perfectly looking bride. :flowers:
Daniel looked very good too, he should always wear glasses.:p

IMO the best dress was worn by Rosario of Bulgaria. :) I liked Mathilde of Belgium dress. Mary of Denmark was OK , but I know she can do better, love the color of her dress though. I really like queen Margrethe's dress color. Infanta Cristina dress was nice too. Sylvia tiara was magnificent and I loved it, really looked good on her.
Queen Sophia of Spain and Leticia dresses had blah color.:whistling:

Queen Rania was disappointment: while her dress was not bad, her hair was horrid. Another bad hairdo belonged to Leticia. :sad:

One thing I did not like about the wedding was a pale blue carpet, they should choose brighter color.
The most beautiful moment was ceremony at church and kids were just super cute.:flowers:

I can't describe the wedding or the bride ; I wish her the best !!!
what I realized that Victoria is loved by the other European royals so much , they were obviously happy for her !!
As for the King and queen of Jordan ; I was disappointed they were nearly the sole arab representatives they looked bored , tired and unprepared for such big event in Europe !!! bringing Iman was not right thing and leaving the party also ..
when I saw the pic for Noor with the Spanish royals I felt pity for her I think she should not have attended !!!

I don't think Daniel has any brothers, so in that case it would be customary to ask the brother of the bride (if she has any) to be a supporter. If you notice, from all the royal weddings we've seen where the groom had a supporter, it was his brother. So that was a nice touch, I agree.

This reminds me that Crown Prince Filipe (and Ari Behn if I'm not mistaken) stood at the alter on his own.

I can't describe the wedding or the bride ; I wish her the best !!!
what I realized that Victoria is loved by the other European royals so much , they were obviously happy for her !!
As for the King and queen of Jordan ; I was disappointed they were nearly the sole arab representatives they looked bored , tired and unprepared for such big event in Europe !!! bringing Iman was not right thing and leaving the party also ..
when I saw the pic for Noor with the Spanish royals I felt pity for her I think she should not have attended !!!

Maybe because this is the first time he attend such event But i think he was very lucky that he sat next to PM :flowers::).. I think those who felt bored really are Rania and Iman:)

So nice to see them all sitting down at the banquet. In the UK once the balcony scene is over there is no way on earth you would ever see the British Royal Family sitting down at a royal wedding breakfast. They are too secretive.
Also why non of the senior UK Royals never attend weddings abroad is beyond me. So William gave up a seat at the wedding for a rubbish game of football. Hope he enjoyed himself!

Victoria looked stunning.
A wonderful day for Sweden. Can't wait for my copy of HELLO Magazine on Monday 21 June.

in regards to William he coudn't have made it back even if he tried he had to stay there today and host a reception for the England 2018 bid with his brother and David Beckham. I beleive originally the trip wasn't for the World Cup but to show each other the progress their individual projects have made for example Tusk Trust and Sentabale. As we saw the majority of the tour was spent on things other than the World Cup. They probably decided since it fell around the same time they may as well go and support their team. Plus we can't forget Wills is FA president. And he agreed a while ago to help out with the bid so he couldn't back out. Plus the flight from SA to London is11 hours so I'm sure it's around the same time if Sweden was the destination. As for senior members of the BRF the Queen hasn't gone to a wedding in years and Charles couldn't attend this time due to a chest infection so Edward and Sophie had to go in their place.As for the reception with the BRF's I don't get it either I'd die if we could see it for their weddings. I wish they coulda shown Charles and Diana's wedding breakfast after the balcony appearance.

Last edited:
Maria Teresa of luxembourg tiara, its just.....too much
I thought that this is probably the most beautiful tiara I've ever seen, absolutely gorgeous!

So nice to see them all sitting down at the banquet. In the UK once the balcony scene is over there is no way on earth you would ever see the British Royal Family sitting down at a royal wedding breakfast. They are too secretive.
Also why non of the senior UK Royals never attend weddings abroad is beyond me. So William gave up a seat at the wedding for a rubbish game of football. Hope he enjoyed himself!

1. The trip was not just about a football match.
2. William and Harry have met Victoria, what once? At their fathers birthday and that was it.
3. Prince Charles has a chest infection, he missed 2 of the biggest events in the British Royal Calender due to his chest infection.
4. Queen Ellizabeth has never attended a big royal wedding, she attended Prince Pavlos, due to it was in London and the funeral of King Baudoin.
5. Prince Charles has attended, Prince Felipes, Prince Haakon, Prince Wilhelm-Alexander and Prince Phillipes wedding in the past.
6. Edward and Sophie are closer to the younger generation of royals, that is most likely why they are always invited to go.

Expressen´s reporter Johan T Lindwall sat close to Daniel´s and Victoria´s friends at the Cathedral. He writes about their feelings, and his own.
JOHAN T LINDWALL: Jag fick svälja flera gånger för att hålla tillbaka mina tårar - Bröllopet - Expressen
Google Translator

About Victoria and Daniel speaking after the wedding and the guests about the wedding:
Daniels hemliga ord till Victoria - Bröllopet - Expressen
Google Translator

The wedding guests celebrated the whole night at the Castle. Just after 3.30 o´clock Haakon, Mette-Marit, Märtha Louise and Ari Behn left the castle.
The King, the Queen and Madeleine left at 5.00 o´clock. And about six o´clock there were still guests leaving, among them singer Per Gessle.
Här lämnar kungafamiljen festen | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because she is divorced does not mean she should be excluded from royal events, she is obviously happy attending events like this.
Infanta Elena is divorced, Princess Rosario and her husband are seperated but they even managed to attend the event together.

The whole event was simply lovely - Victoria and Daniel looked so happy throughout :)

The three men's speeches were all great, well thought out. Love how Carl Gustaf gave Silvia a rose to celebrate their anniversary, so romantic.

Just because she is divorced does not mean she should be excluded from royal events, she is obviously happy attending events like this.
Infanta Elena is divorced, Princess Rosario and her husband are seperated but they even managed to attend the event together.

I meant I felt sorry that she is alone now .

Back
Top Bottom