Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some Thoughts:

3) If Jonas watched any of the festivities today, I am sure he must have given himself a swift kick in the rear for being so stupid.

Forgive my ignorance as I am not a huge Swedish Royal follower but who is Jonas and why would he be kicking himself?
I have really enjoyed looking at all the photo's and clips.
Victoria and Daniel certainly make a very beautiful couple and I wish them a long and happy future together :twohearts:

I'm on wedding overload right now. WOW! What a day!!!!

Here's my contribution to the commentary:

I thought Victoria looked absolutely radiant and like perfection itself! In fact, I thought that all the royal woman looked fabulous. No royal woman can carry the bling as well as Queen Silvia ... :flowers:

Did anyone else think it funny as to how many royals/guests (like Katherine of Yugoslavia and Frederik of Denmark) were taking their own pictures. Kind of reminded me of weddings in America where they place disposable cameras at every table so the guests could take informal pictures of each other. Very funny to see this at a royal event.

Finally ... I have to think that Jonas Bergstrom has to be kicking himself for having been unfaithful to the beautiful Princess Madeleine. What a jerk!

Long life and happiness to Crown Princess Victoria and her prince, Daniel!

Princess Victoria was a beautiful bride. I wish I could have watched it live (they didn't cover it here in the U.S) I love her dress. It's simple and looks timeless, like you imagine a princess would wear on her wedding day. Some of the dresses that were worn weren't all great but I don't think I strongly disliked any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive my ignorance as I am not a huge Swedish Royal follower but who is Jonas and why would he be kicking himself?
I have really enjoyed looking at all the photo's and clips.
Victoria and Daniel certainly make a very beautiful couple and I wish them a long and happy future together :twohearts:

Because he cheated on Madeleine, they broke up their engagement, so he couldn't be on the wedding! And, princess Madeleine was gorgeous today (as usually), he lost a great girl!

If Jonas watched any of the festivities today, I am sure he must have given himself a swift kick in the rear for being so stupid.
This is really off topic, but I'll make it quick. What if he unconsciously sabotage the whole thing because he did not want to live in the fish bowl? The whole thing seems odd to me especially after all these years. He's still an idiot though no question.

Jonas in this case refers to Jonas Bergstrom, the ex-fiance of Princess Madeleine. He cheated on her, she dumped him -- hence his absence from the past week's festivities.

I loved, loved, LOVED that she walked into the church on her father's arm. It's so romantic and elegant. It's a proud day in a father's life when his daughter finally marries.

Jonas in this case refers to Jonas Bergstrom, the ex-fiance of Princess Madeleine. He cheated on her, she dumped him -- hence his absence from the past week's festivities.

Thanks Sister Morphine, I do recall reading something about that now :flowers:

I don't see why she would not be there.
Tatiana and Carina are there I believe.

She entered the state room before the guests sitting on the long table and the main table came in. If you can find a overhead picture of the hall, she's on the lower right hand, on one of the circle tables near the pillars.

Thanks for the photos! :flowers::flowers:
The wedding was wonderful. I dare to say it was the biggest royal summit in recent years.

Swedish Princess Victoria's Wedding Boycotted By Major International News Organizations
NEW YORK — The world's biggest international news agencies declined to cover the wedding of Sweden's crown princess and her fitness trainer Saturday after a dispute over the release of television images of the event.

The Swedish royal wedding is covered by splentik.ru. It was sad to see Prince Naruhito without Crown Princess Masako.
Spletnik - Øâåöèÿ ïðàçäíóåò: Ïðèíöåññà Âèêòîðèÿ âûøëà çàìóæ

I wasn't able to watch the wedding live because I was at work all day, and I'm just now catching up on the pictures. I don't really follow Swedish royalty, but I'm just stunned at the beauty of this wedding. CP Victoria looks like the epitome of a fairytale princess. The tiara she's wearing is different from the British tiaras--more like a coronet?

This must have been one of the biggest royal spectacles since Charles and Diana's wedding. I just love these pictures...I wish I could have watched the wedding live. There's something very medieval fairy-tale-like about Victoria's dress and tiara.

I love seeing Fred (and all the others in the video) taking pictures of each other - for some reason it strikes me as so funny to think that royals have their own cameras and private photo collections as well, and they'll all just casually label this file "Vik's Wedding 19/6/2010."

Sweet article in Billed Bladet about the beginning of the King's speech (don't know if anyone's posted this yet): Billed-Bladet - Kongen overrasker med rose og kærlighedserklæring til Silvia
I thought Carl's shyly handing Silvia the rose was one of the sweetest moments of the day. I never thought he had much romance in him!

Many photos from today from Norwegian press. Lots of lovely pictures :)

Se alle kjolene fra det kongelige bryllupet i Sverige - Norge - NRK Nyheter

Følg Victoria og Daniel Westling og deres gjester direkte her- SPESIAL - Multimedia - Aftenposten.no

KRONPRINSESSEBRYLLUPET - Tomlene opp fra Mette-Marit - Side2

Video of Princess Ingrid Alexandra with her parents followed by other guests. Lovely moment when they "greet" the guards. Great to see her here, and good practice for her, but I had hoped that Marius would be here as well.

Brudepike Ingrid Alexandra hutret på den kongelige løperen - Rampelys - VGTV (Other videos from the wedding can be seen further down)

Such a great night. Lovely of the King and Crown Princess to adress the crowds earlier, and I`m currently watiting for the speaches from the palace.

The clip of Ingrid is so sweet! Christian seems like such a happy boy and Amalia is very professional! They all did a great job. Also it was nice to hear Sophie speak, if only very faintly.

does anyone have Daniel's speech in word ?

Anyone have a picture of their Rings ?

Forgive me if these questions have been asked, but I am not energetic enough to read through the 80+ pages!

What was on the menu for dinner?
Is there a cake cutting ceremony as in the US?
Was Prince Georg Friedrich there to meet Madeleine?

Georg Friedrich wasn't on the published lists of guests. I checked... twice. I was a bit surprised. Though I am not sure that he's the right one for Madeleine. She did look happy on her own today. I hope she gets over Jonas and finds someone who will be good to her.

Wow, this thread really exploded. From what I can tell (and that's not a lot, seeing as I was asleep when this all occurred) it was a beautiful ceremony. Daniel definitely made me cry at least once when I heard his speech. I wish them all the best! :)

This was a beautiful wedding. I can faintly remember Princess Diana's wedding to Prince Charles and , in my opinion, Victoria and Daniel's wedding was better! They seem so much in love and comfortable in their own skin.

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I knew that this site would have all the information regarding the wedding. Here's a link for those in the US who want to see clips of the wedding.

Det kungliga bröllopet - livesändningen | svt.se

Mum, dad and I watched it on my computer and enjoyed it. Mum noted Daniel's resemblance to Clark Kent too :ROFLMAO:

Does anybody has pictures of princesses Nathalie and Alexandra Berleburg, I saw Nathalie during the broadcast but I haven't seen pics of her and her sister.
It was a lovely wedding!! Congratulations to the happy couple!! Do you know how many time for their honeymoon will they have?

A beautiful day for Sweden's brand new Prince and everyone around the world watching in real time. Thank god for technology. Congratulations to all those in Sweden who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make the Crown Princesses day a wonderful day for everyone to remember. After attending so many other royal weddings, Victoria looked overjoyed to finally be at her own. And her guests didn't let her down by enjoying themselves also.

Yes, I agree. Every country has its own culture and special traditions that are reflected in a royal wedding.

in regards to the BRF outdoing this wedding. I don't feel anyone has to try to out do anyone else I just feel they each should try and make their wedding day as special and as memorable as possible.

Back
Top Bottom