Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think that when the royals go out, do they feel funny or outdated wearing a crown at this time and age? Especially when there is recession all over the world? Like the queens and their big crowns, isn't that kind of ridiculous?

I, for one, enjoy watching royalty in all their finery. It takes me away from this trouble filled world we live in. It makes me think of the days when life was simpler and people had time for each other.

Making the royals give up their treasures would only be a small drop in a very large bucket of world debt. It would make no long lasting impression on anything except to take away the opportunity to show us that some times fairy tales and dreams do come true. For me that makes it worth it.

Do you think that when the royals go out, do they feel funny or outdated wearing a crown at this time and age? Especially when there is recession all over the world? Like the queens and their big crowns, isn't that kind of ridiculous?
Do you think all the movie stars and noveau riche feel funny or guilty when they spend enough on one purse to fund a family of four for a year? Or build they zillion sq ft houses or pay thousands of dollars/pounds/euros on baby clothes that some baby will spit up on? What does Victoria Beckett have tied up in purses or what has Jennifer Lopez spent on baby clothes? They strike me as being ridiculous as well as hypocritical.

This is not only a swedish tradition, but was very much familiar in Germany too. In the old days brides put a garland of myrthle in their hair as a lucky charm. This old custom is almost forgotten in nowadays times - at least in germany and anglo-saxon customs have taken over instead...

It's also a tradition for British royal brides to have a sprig of myrtle in their wedding bouquets.

I shouldn't imagine the royals feel funny or outdated wearing crowns/tiaras when they go out as they've been wearing them most of their lives. You should see some of the odd sights I see people wearing everyday and the odd tiara worn by a royal is comparaitively normal. Unless the wearing of jewellery is an obstacle in solving world recession, I should imagine that most people, royal or not, will continue to wear jewellery just as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a glorious wedding this was. I think it wins over the Danish, Spanish, and British ones of the New Millennium that I've seen. At once, majestic and soaked with history, whilst also being thoroughly modern and intimate! Victoria was perfect, timeless dress, the veil and tiara and her Prince. I so look forward to watching this couple grow and build a family and lead Sweden into the future.

Medals

He got the Order of the Seraphim the highest swedish order. The Order of the Polar star ha a blue/yellow ribband and was among others worn by Máxima, Mary, Mette-Marit etc.

Do you know what the other two medals are that Daniel's father is wearing?

That is an interesting question. With the ten children and the different
countries that they come from. Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Norway.

I would think they speak English as well as their native tongues. It's been my experience that Europeans speak English very well, and as royals it would be even more imperative that they do. So I'm sure the children are being instructed in English along with any other subjects they might be learning in school.

i watch the whole thing and it was great and seem expensive no wonder why so many republican were having a field day i believe daniel should wear a the colar of the order of seraphim and goes into the swedish army or navy so he could wear a uniform that will make him look more regal plus he should wear contact

was a bit dissapointed i believe the princess should wear a much more beautifull by christian dior like melania trump's or by balengacia like queen fabiola's of the belgians

Any pics of Guillame?
I barely saw him at the wedding.

You know, the thread would be much shorter if people took the time to click on the search tab and type in what they are looking for. Much of the last few questions has been discussed and its a little bit frustrating to come to the thread and find that instead of new information, people are asking the same questions, some without even bothering to realize that the question had been asked or even answered just a few posts before them.

I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to point out that you should attempt to search the thread and if you don't find what you're looking for, then ask the question.

Regarding pictures, try looking at corbis, getty images, day life, et al.

I'm not sure what the problem is but all the pictures labled

IBL Bildbyra

give me nothing but a blank screen. Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem too...and there's no 'reboot' button in the toolbar either.

as thinking regarding Frederik taking photos with his own camara, I nevr thought this before but how they do to develope the private pictures, i mean not only the weddin here ther own at home, holiday s tc..... without going to the media?

They will have digital cameras which they can download the images themselves on their own computers; no need to go to anyone to get them 'developed'.

Kirsten von Blixen-Finecke and Louise Torneman were wearing the lady's Court Dress, while the others were in their own evening gowns. Is there a particular reason they either weren't all in court dress or all in gowns?...
The ones in Court Dress where on-duty during the wedding, the others not. [Not that they ever are completly off-duty in an event like this]

Prince Radu of Romania's blog pictures are interesting. His wife's(?) pre-wedding outfits certainly could've had her in the running for Worst Dressed Guest. Fortunately she chose something much better for the actual wedding!

:previous:

Me too I thought that they just waited for Victoria's wedding!

Than you Bonbon for those pics, they are absolutely stunning and much appreciated as always :flowers:
I just noticed how much Queen Beatrix is aging compares to Sofia and Margrethe. Aren't they about the same age? I guess Beatrix went through hard times lately.

Lol, I guess so. I wonder if it was noticable at the wedding or if it was over looked?

I think that the Cameo Tiara looked slightly better on CP Victoria during her wedding. Maybe because she wore it just a little further back than Q Silvia did. Of course, the other times I have seen Q Silvia wear the tiara, she looked stunning in it.

I can't see the Earl and Countess of Wessex on the big group photo with all the other royals - has anyone spotted them?

They are not in the official photo. Only heads of state, family, and the heirs are in the photo.

Back
Top Bottom