Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have to say that her dress was beautiful. Classic lines, simple but elegant. She looked radiant and so in love. I have to say that it is refreshing to see a couple in love and not just marrying for alliance sake or because someone has the right bloodlines. I wish them all the happiness and joy the world has to offer. I hope they have many children and enjoy their lives together.:flowers:

Thank you Jessrulz. What an interesting story and what a wonderful tradition. Its good she kept that tradition going.

Daniel was conferred with the Order of the Polar Star in accordance with his wedding to Victoria and before emerging from the Storkyrkan, he had his sash and star on. As for what the medals were that his sister, mother and father were wearing....I don't know. Perhaps one of our many Swedish royal watchers can fill that in.

He got the Order of the Seraphim the highest swedish order. The Order of the Polar star ha a blue/yellow ribband and was among others worn by Máxima, Mary, Mette-Marit etc.

He got the Order of the Seraphim the highest swedish order. The Order of the Polar star ha a blue/yellow ribband and was among others worn by Máxima, Mary, Mette-Marit etc.

I noticed Letizia's sash was different - three stripes - the middle one is white and the two outside ones are light blue. What order is that? Does anyone know? Also, the Order of the Polar Star, is that the highest Swedish order given to those of other Royal houses?

And to staying on topic - has anyone found a close-up photo of Victoria's shoes yet? I'm curious as to what they looked like.

And to staying on topic - has anyone found a close-up photo of Victoria's shoes yet? I'm curious as to what they looked like.

Victoria´s shoes are from Roger Vivier:
SvenskDam
InStyle

It´s very lovely, how Daniel´s niece, Hedvig Blom holds the hand of prince Christian at the official photo:
Bröllopsbloggen

A nice (and a little bit funny) video of the kisses. When Victoria and Daniel were at the balcony, the people had shouted: kiss, kiss! Daniel tried to kiss Victoria, but she just turned her head away. And then they both laughed a lot, and then kissed:
AftonbladetTV
I just love this!

A lot of videos from the wedding:
TV4play

The lovely flower girls and page boys:
De söta brudnäbbarna klarade det med glans | Svensk Damtidning
Photos of the wedding:
Bildspel: Vi minns Victorias och Daniels underbara dag | Svensk Damtidning

Daniel and Carl Philip at the church:
RoyalNews/DanaPressPhoto
Victoria and Daniel at the carriage:
RoyalNews/DanaPressPhoto

Here you can see the myrtle in Victoria´s tiara:
IBL Bildbyrå

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Lady Finn! :) Shikha Pal - the first few photos here are of the Royal Reception -----> myroyal's

In the video of the royal guests leaving the cathedral you can see Haakon, Mette-Marit and Ingrid Alexandra. Haakon turns and salutes and M-M and I-A both curtsey. Does anybody know why?

Victoria and Daniel are spending their honeymoon in the French Polynesian islands. So it was stated in the paper today. The plain left from Stockholm after the wedding and did three stops, in Reykjavik, Vancouver and in Tahiti. Then they continued the flight to Bora Bora, where they boarded a yacht to continue to their secret honeymoon place.

I noticed Letizia's sash was different - three stripes - the middle one is white and the two outside ones are light blue. What order is that? Does anyone know? Also, the Order of the Polar Star, is that the highest Swedish order given to those of other Royal houses?

Letizia was wearing the Order of Charles III, the highest Spanish order. As there has not been a state visit between Spain and Sweden since her marriage, Letizia has not had a chance to be given a Swedish order (eventually, she will no doubt receive the Order of the Polar Star, as the other Crown Princesses have).

The Order of the Polar Star is not the highest Swedish order awarded to other royals - that would be the Order of the Seraphim (the same order Daniel received after the wedding ceremony). The Seraphim is usually given to monarchs, their spouse and the heir (eg. Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik and Crown Prince Frederik all have the Seraphim). It can also be awarded to foreign heads of state, who aren't monarchs.

Royal weekend at Stockholm 17.06.-20-06.2010

Last weekend was one of the best ever!
On Thursday morning me and a friend take the plane from Germany to Stockholm. After our arrival we went directly to an beautiful decorated old town. In the evening we went to the Grand Hotel, where the Royals leave to go to Drottningholm. The only one we saw, was Naruhito of Japan. The next morning we take a boat trip to Drottningholm.. what a beautiful castle!! After an afternoon of shopping, we went to Konserhuset. And then the big moment... from the first row we can see all Royals at close range. They arrived by bus. And after seeing all Royal "live" i have to say, that the most natural beauties where Maxima, Mary and Victoria. And for all girls: definitely Calr-Philip;). Second place for Mette-Marit and Madeleine. Letizia... beautiful face... but in my opinion a way to slim. Maxima did jokes with the journalists, which was very funny. And what you really can see... Maxima, Mary and Mette are very close. At the last bus Anne-Marie and Constantine, Sonja and Harald, Beatrix, Margarethe and Henrik, as well as the Swedish Royal Family arrived. And then the big day... Saturday, 19th June. The whole town was full of people with swedish flags. It was a great feeling to see so many happy people. They all where celebrating a big love. We stand in front of the balcony. There you can see the wedding on a big screen and after it the balcony scenes live. Victoria and Daniel did a great job. A big love that comes to an happy end. I really belive, that this day saved the monarchy for one more generation. On Sunday morning we left Stockholm. But we will definitely come back. Because of a beautiful city and very warm and friendly swedish people!

As there has been no StateVisit between Spain and Sweden since Letizia married she has no swedish Order. she wore her spanish Order of Carlos III.

as thinking regarding Frederik taking photos with his own camara, I nevr thought this before but how they do to develope the private pictures, i mean not only the weddin here ther own at home, holiday s tc..... without going to the media?

Hi all! I have been a member for a few months but this is my first post. Thanks for all the photos, videos and info! I watched almost all of the wedding and I think it was lovely! I very much enjoyed the pre-wedding concert too!

I have a few questions.

What was happening when everyone was crying on the balcony? There are some pictures of Maxima, Prince Philippe, Queen Beatrix, and Queen Sonja wiping tears.

How much did the crown weigh and how did she keep it on her head? A couple of times she tipped her head back so far that it had to have been anchored well for it to stay there!

Thank you!

Princes Iman did attend. (well, I am not sure if she really did, but she was supposed to do so.....).

I hope that royal watchers perhaps now have a more favorable picture of King Carl Gustaf. He is a very emotional and loving parent and husband. He tends to look too serious on most photos but in reality he is a funloving man. His lovely tribute to Queen Silvia at the dinner and the way he danced with her and the hug at the first waltz was lovely. One can see the environment that helped Victoria to be such a emphatic and loving woman. He teared up so many times during these days one can only imagine how he felt about seeing his lovely daughter, his firstborn be so happy.

Whatever we may or may not have liked about the gown, tiara, etc., I think we would all have to agree that she was nothing less than regal! For the concert she looked like a princess, for the wedding she looked like a queen! :flowers:

As there has been no StateVisit between Spain and Sweden since Letizia married she has no swedish Order. she wore her spanish Order of Carlos III.

Thank you, Stefan. Do you by chance know more about the medals Daniel's family received? Also I think that all page boys and bridemaids received the same medals. Is my observation correct?

I hope that royal watchers perhaps now have a more favorable picture of King Carl Gustaf. He is a very emotional and loving parent and husband. He tends to look too serious on most photos but in reality he is a funloving man. His lovely tribute to Queen Silvia at the dinner and the way he danced with her and the hug at the first waltz was lovely. One can see the environment that helped Victoria to be such a emphatic and loving woman. He teared up so many times during these days one can only imagine how he felt about seeing his lovely daughter, his firstborn be so happy.

To give his wife a rose was so beautiful. We were all so touched by the wedding of his daugther that we forgot that this day was a special one for the king and queen as well. Queen Silvia was so touched by her husbands gesture. It was very thoughtful of the king.

I once heard in a German report that when Queen Silvia got married she had some plants put in her hair somewhere close near her tiara. According to the report this was a tradition to bring good luck to the bride and it was said that Victoria would do the same. Indeed in some pictures I saw that something green was hairdressed in Silvia's hair, but I couldn't find any such pictures with Victoria. Does someone know more about this Swedish tradition? Thank you.

I must say I was always under the impression from pictures alone that the King was slightly grumpy. :lol:

Since the wedding celebrations I have discovered that King Carl Gustaf is nothing at all like that. He seems very warm and loving. You can see that Crown Princess Victoria gets her amazing personality from both her parents.

Last edited:
I once heard in a German report that when Queen Silvia got married she had some plants put in her hair somewhere close near her tiara. According to the report this was a tradition to bring good luck to the bride and it was said that Victoria would do the same. Indeed in some pictures I saw that something green was hairdressed in Silvia's hair, but I couldn't find any such pictures with Victoria. Does someone know more about this Swedish tradition? Thank you.

This has already been discussed in the thread. Victoria did in fact wear the plant in her hair, I believe someone said it was figs. I don't know if its a Swedish tradition or not, I have only heard of Silvia och Victoria wearing it.

I want to point out three coments
I would like to see pictures other guests
I always see the same pictures:Maxima, mette marit and Mary is so boring.
Prince Felix is handsome.

Back
Top Bottom