Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will admit I was severely disappointed when I first saw Victoria get out of the car. I thought the gown was far too plain and of course she was wearing the Cameo Tiara, which I had hoped she would not do.
As the ceremony commenced and I watched her and Daniel say their vows, and on throughout the rest of the day I realized that gown was absolutely perfect for her. Instead of focusing on pearls, crystals, lace and flounces, you see HER. In all her beauty, joy and presence. She glowed like a bright star. There was no way you could miss how deeply in love she is with Daniel and he with her. She was as beautiful a bride as you could ask for. I now would not change one stitch of that dress, nor would I want her to wear any other tiara than the Cameo. She carried it all like the Queen she will be one day, and Daniel proved himself to be a worthy Prince to stand by her side. Their unapologetic joy in one another was truly wonderful to see.

It was probably the most emotional beautiful wedding I've ever seen on TV.
But, I think SVT was poor. The camera angles were odd and when they said 'I do' they were filmed from behind.
Then as they travelled around the town you hardly saw them up close.

It felt a bit weird to see them inside the their dinner and I think that part should have been left out and that only the speeches would have been aired.

Victoria's dress was a dream. Classic and elegant, but boy did bith CP and Prince Daniel look tired! They've had a tough week.

Overall a very special ceremony and I think they will have a great effect on our country once Victoria takes over from her lovely father.

Yes, I hope so too. And to some point I agree with you, Winnie, although it was a solemn ceremony their behaviour gave away the signs of their mature love. I also found stroking Daniel's face sweet; Victoria must be over the moon judging from all these pictures...:ROFLMAO:
Thank you for the reply:flowers:
If you mean the part directly after exchanging the rings I noticed a second later he brought his hand up as well. The commentator gasped at the same time I noticed it. Tears. I thought it was beautiful to see him that deeply moved. This is a true fairytale marriage.

Perhaps queen Rania is messaging her children!!! I like Letizia and Mary`s way of speaking .
Queen rania`s twitter .. pic
Beautiful ceremony, enhanced by excitement and energy of Swed... on Twitpic
Beautiful ceremony, enhanced by excitement and energy of Swedish people. Beautiful ceremony, enhanced by excitement and energy of Swed... on Twitpic

Wonderful day in Stockholm for Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. Lucky 2 hv witnessed love shared by gorgeous bride and groom

... The nude dress made her look washed out and her overall presentation was lackluster...more for her attitude/demeanor/behavior than what she wore. If she is still having problems with her sister's death, they need to get her to a counselor (or change the one they have) to deal with it. If that isn't the problem and she just does not want to be at these other events, then her character is flawed and the only way to fix that is a second divorce for her. Otherwise, someone needs to tell her to snap out of it.

BTW, she is TOO THIN.

:p Is Felipe draping the shawl or lifting the dress?
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/cache.daylife.co...2f8IM/610x.jpg
Felipe is getting chubby with age. The double chin is clearly visible, he should start eating half a meal and give the other half to his wife.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/102...0A760B0D811297

Regarding Letizia visibly in a bad mood, the german daily newspaper (no tabloid) Die Welt is reporting that Letizia looked miffed.
Ein Herz und eine Krone - Nachrichten welt_print - Vermischtes - WELT ONLINE

In general, the SRF hate partying in public, unlike the nordic royals. They prefer to exclude the public and live their luxury life behind closed doors, nurturing their image of "hardworking" royals. Besides, its not a nice feeling always to be invited somewhere without responding with an own invitation, gives the impression to be a parasite.

Only Sofia usually enjoys such festivities, simply because she grew up in the royal circle and many of the people she meets there are her close friends. Letizia doesnt have the royal connection and unlike Mary, MM or Maxima she doesnt seem to be interested in establishing one. And unlike her fellow CPs, she always looks completely out of her comfort zone.

Very well!

I've enjoyed seeing the photos and reading some of the coverage abroad of this wedding even though I don't understand Swedish. One of the German articles commented that the wedding displayed how authentic Princess Victoria and her new husband are. She's been with him for years, she built a rock solid relationship, she outwaited any objections her father had and her husband has proved himself to everyone and seems like a sterling man. Even having her father give her away at the altar is seen as a sign of Victoria's respect for tradition and for proving to the country that her father does approve of the marriage. It's seen as substance over style. I think that's the overall message that comes across here. What everyone wore really doesn't make much of a difference to me. I hope they're happy together and have the children and happy family they want.

I like very much what You wrote. Thank You!

Very emotional wedding, the couple is clearly in love and had to fight for each other. It reminded me of MM's and Maxima's wedding, those weddings had a similar background.

Victoria was beaming and very beautiful and I wish them well, although I believe that life will not be easy for them. Personified happiness, really. Like her parents, Victoria is the strong woman in the relationship, giving her hubby the loving push to do the right thing. As we can see with Silvia and CG, it can work. Only that Victoria will be the Queen, but Daniel seems to be the consort type by nature.

What I found too much in terms of "like parents" is that Victoria not only chose the same wedding date but also chose to look like a younger copy of her mother by chosing the same tiara. At times, the hommage to her parents or repeating parts of her parents' wedding was too much for me.

A bit more personality Victoria & Daniel who have to find their own way would have been good.

Surprised

It is so surprising, when you read some of the posts, that so many spend so much time looking for faults, so as to be to think they know better. Why find fault instead of search for the beautiful, fine and be overjoyed with the happy couple that exudes happiness shining over all. If you search for errors, they are everywhere, but happiness is not as easy to find.

Some photos from the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet", entitled "Court Blog" with Jeny Alexandersson; some have a "behind the scenes" quality...

Hovbloggen

So are Victoria and Daniel still in Sweden or gone on honeymoon already ?

From their official website:
The Bride - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

"
The bridal bouquet

The Crown Princess´s bridal bouquet consists of a mixture of traditional Swedish summer flowers and more exotic flowers. All the flowers are white, and the bouquet is tied into a free teardrop shape.

The Crown Princess´s bridal bouquet includes the following flowers: lily of the valley, rose, phalaenopsis orchid, peony, clematis, cosmos, wax flower, sweet pea, dicentra formosa, Mårbacka pelargonium, Amazon lily, gardenia, azalea, bleeding heart and the traditional myrtle from Sofiero.(it came to Sweden with Margaret of Connaught , a branch from QVictoria's wedding myrtle bush)

Photos:
Modefest på Kronprinsessans bröllop! | Posh24.se

When I saw the seating arrangement at the long table I could understand why she looked the way she did. She was between two minor Swedish (I think) politicians, and, in her thinking, not worth her notice.

I saw Letizia talking very lively with the minister of Foreign Affairs, Carl Bildt.

Some article from the wedding.
Prince Daniel´s speech moved to tears - Stockholm News
'I love you, Victoria' - The Local

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt that the simplicity of Victoria's wedding dress was a reflection on the current fashions and the economic climate. Not only was the look timeless, but if she had chosen a dress with heavy embroidery, beading or crystals, it would have cost more. Yes, the King could probably have afforded it, but with all the complaints about the cost of the wedding, it was not the best time to wear a Princess Di-style dress.

I think I've said elsewhere that the Cameo Tiara is not my favorite and yet I still love the history associated with it. And it looked marvelous on Victoria with her dress and veil.

Finally, I think the most amazing sight was the smile on Victoria's face. Given the things she has endured, from health problems to the criticism of her choice of Daniel, I think that the magical part of this wedding is that Victoria and Daniel overcame the odds and made it to the altar.

I loved the picture of Mathilde and Maxima talking around Frederick during the dinner. He looked like he was afraid to get in the way. So funny.

Mathilde, Maxima, Mary and Mette-Marit all look like they truly enjoy each others company and just love to "talk a blue streak" whenever they can.

Letizia, on the other hand, just seems so aloof and, well, "out of it". When I saw the seating arrangement at the long table I could understand why she looked the way she did. She was between two minor Swedish (I think) politicians, and, in her thinking, not worth her notice. "I am royal, you are not" type of thing.

Then I also remembered, from the reading I have done, HOW VERY VERY STRICT AND INCREDIBLY FORMAL THE SPANISH COURT HAS ALWAYS BEEN! I wonder if her attitude is a part of that legacy?

She might have had small flowers tucked into her hair between the veil and the Cameo Tiara.

I believe it was a sprig of Myrtle. Her mother had some tucked into her hair when she married the King if IRC.

I loved the picture of Mathilde and Maxima talking around Frederick during the dinner. He looked like he was afraid to get in the way. So funny.

Which photo do you mean, I'd love to see it!

Was Charlene Wittstock on the group photo?

Instead of being so ecstatic to marry perhaps Victoria could have paid attention to her train and bouquet...Victoria knows the perception of the big picture but others will have to look at the details for her.

So Victoria should have been less enthusiastic about getting married because people online are going to nitpick everything about her dress to death? That makes no sense. There was nothing wrong with her dress or her bouquet. She looked immaculate and nothing was out of place, ill-fitting or inappropriate.

Has somebody this picture bigger?
Photo from Getty Images

And, I know, this is CP Victoria's and Prince Daniel's wedding thread, but does Sophie of Wessex some health problems? Varicose veins, maybe?
http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=89018__AL6_4_122_490lo.jpg#

Congratulations, Victoria and Daniel!

Victoria und Daniel: Die schönsten Bilder der Hochzeitsnacht - S.9 - Lifestyle | STERN.DE

Märchenhochzeit: Harmonische neue Königsfamilie - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten - Panorama

I hope it´s ok. ;)

I'm ripping all the videos on SVT and once I'm done with the compilation of William and Harry's joint trip I'll put the wedding together and post it. If it goes quick enough I could have it up by Monday night.

Last edited:
I'm not "nitpicking" Victoria, but I thought her bouquet and train could've been better too.
No she didn't have lace or diamonds on her wedding dress, but she still looked elegant.
After listening to Daniels speech, I've come to the conclusion that thats just the type of person Victoria is.
She's calm an simple and it reflected on her wedding day.

I'm not "nitpicking" Victoria, but I thought her bouquet and train could've been better too.

I'm curious as to what was wrong with her bouquet. Or her train, for that matter. She's a simple girl. Future queen of Sweden, but a simple girl. So her dress/bouquet reflected those tastes. If she had an ostentatious display of wealth going on yesterday, it would have tacky and dare I say, cheap.

I thought she had one of the nicest royal bouquets I've seen since Mary's wedding in 2004.

The wedding cake was huge but very beautiful. We rarely get to see such nice cakes.
Does anyone know anything about their honeymoon?

Back
Top Bottom