Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good Night everyone! I've been watching tv since 10.00 AM so it makes it like over 15 hours of loveliness! It's been an amazing day and Victoria and Daniel handled it all very very well! I hope we get some pictures of the brunch tomorrow!

Thank you all for today, it's been fun to follow this with all of you! :)

Sweet Dreams!

Is there a video of the ball, not only the first waltz, but everything that we saw?

Thank you :flowers:, but I have seen this one and I wanted the little part after this, when everyone started to dance too

What a beautiful wedding!!! What a lovely, lovely and pretty bride!!! Victoria looks stunning!!! I wish them all the best!!!

HRH Crown Princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel

:swedenstandard: Congrats to the newly married couple! :swedenstandard:

*So is it okay to refer to the late Daniel Westling as "Prince Daniel" now?*​

in regards to the BRF outdoing this wedding. I don't feel anyone has to try to out do anyone else I just feel they each should try and make their wedding day as special and as memorable as possible.

Lovely

Beautiful wedding.
Lovely bride, and lovely groom. :)

So much fun seeing all the various royals, but one of my favorite parts of the day has to be the moving, heartfelt speech Prince Daniel made at the reception.

On a side note, I think this was the first royal wedding I've seen where a gay male couple were holding hands, and even better, they were waltzing together on the dance floor amongst the various Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses.

Cheers to whoever invited them! :flowers:

I tried a little quickly. Forgive me if there's any wierd sentences or anything but I think you'll understand! :flowers:

Thank you so much Princess Emily for translate those parts of the speech for us. Much appreciated.

It's 2:00am here in Spain...and it's time to go bed. But prior that I would like to thank everyone who shared today photos, videos and information. It has been a wonderful day for all of us and it have been great to be able to share emotions with you all, here at The Royal Forums.

By my part I must say that ,today, I've discovered a wonderful man. I didn't have a very good view of Daniel, but today he change completely my vision. I'm quite surprising by his confident, his sense of humor and his human quality. The more I meet him more I like him, I'm 100% sure that he is very in love with Princess Victoria.

Today I realized he has the enough qualities needed to be a good Prince of Sweden. Hjärtliga gratulationer!

Last edited:
OK, its been a long day. I sat for 6 hour straight watching the wedding and my back hurts from sitting for so long.

But its been worth it! This had to be the romantic royal event ever! You could tell Victoria & Daniel genuinely love each other.

As for the American coverage of the wedding, I'm surprised too because I don't think Frederik & Mary and Felipe & Letizia got this much attention. Honestly, I think its because Daniel used to be a fitness trainer. I could see reporters smirking at that.

Well anyway, long live the newlyweds!

I lost track of all the posts. Somewhere along the line someone was looking for the translation of Daniel's speech. Here it is - apologise if it has been posted before.
Royalty in the News

Just sitting next to Felipe for any length of time would wow most women!!!

Very true! Though I was jealous of MM's seat next to Gulliame, I have always had a little crush on him lol. Plus, it looked like they were having a great time together. And Maxima seems like she would be fun to sit next to.

I can't post the link right now since I am on my iTouch, but people.com has an article on the wedding and a not so negative one [shocking for something from over here]. It was their second main story on their site, so it was easy to find. Of course the headline mentioned something along the lines of a princess marrying a gym owner, but it was better than the other U.S. media that say Victoria is marrying her personal trainer [insert smirk]. They even mentioned how long they have been together, how there was so many people to cheer the couple on, and that it was also the King and Queen's 34th wedding anniversary. A nice article and no nasty comments to follow it!

Can you blame the girl...

I almost fell off my chair laughing at this post - well done Chimene...I've got ages to go before I finish reading through this whole thread and this has spured me on!! :ROFLMAO:

Oh Lord!! I'm astonished!!! It's been quite an appreciation of the Royals and the lovely couple. You all attest again and again to the great fest that it was all these days coming up to the wedding. I'm heartfelt. Seeing it all I've come close to tearing with revere. I honestly have felt a part of it all and only wish all the spectators, and wedding invited have had their time close to all the partakings.

Victoria and Daniel both were dressed lovely. The wedding dress, the crown, their holding hands and kissing really meant the beginning to the holy sacrament that is their marriage. All this time I kept a view that they will make their homeland proud, and that they are in fact a beauty of a couple. There's no doubt in my mind that we will see a difference in the Kingdom of Sweden and they will champion the calling towards a devine entrust. I don't hope it, I count on them to serve and invest to whatever be the will. I hope that the Monarchy reigns and lasts and lasts as an empathy to the past where life was good and people lively and cheerful for the Kingdom stood. I wish these two strength and patience in all their travails. There may come a time when they will be surprised and rewarded for all their entails. Good luck to them and cheers. I love thee chosen ones. :swedenflag:

Well, I missed the live coverage of the reception but will see the SVT videos tomorrow! I just wanted to thank everyone here today who have taken the time to post pictures, links and videos for us all to enjoy - you're all brilliant and have made it a great day for everyone...and what a unique and special day it has been! Goodnight all!

Some Thoughts:

1) The Crown on Victoria's head was huge. That along with the dress reminded me of a a scene in a movie where a 12th century royal queen was dressed on her wedding day- very similar look.

2) Carl Philip was a surprising choice for Best Man. I wasn't aware that the two Princes were that close. Made me think that maybe Daniel and Jonas had a deal to be each others best men before things fell apart.

3) If Jonas watched any of the festivities today, I am sure he must have given himself a swift kick in the rear for being so stupid.

I don't think Daniel has any brothers, so in that case it would be customary to ask the brother of the bride (if she has any) to be a supporter. If you notice, from all the royal weddings we've seen where the groom had a supporter, it was his brother. So that was a nice touch, I agree.

I do wish that Victoria had proper bridesmaids as I know she has several friends she's extremely close to, but the little kids were precious -- and very well-behaved!

I almost fell off my chair laughing at this post - well done Chimene...I've got ages to go before I finish reading through this whole thread and this has spured me on!! :ROFLMAO:
I'm glad I made you laugh :flowers:. I'm dead serious though. If that were me on his arms, I'd be guilty of more than clinging to his arms, I can tell you that much.:ROFLMAO:

Well, I missed the live coverage of the reception but will see the SVT videos tomorrow! I just wanted to thank everyone here today who have taken the time to post pictures, links and videos for us all to enjoy - you're all brilliant and have made it a great day for everyone...and what a unique and special day it has been! Goodnight all!
Darn it! I knew they'd televise the reception while I was out shopping!!!:ROFLMAO:

Here is hoping they put the wedding highlights out on dvd so we can all watch it again. Like they did for Fred and Mary's wedding

Dutch princesses are usually a mess.

And Daniel wore those awful glasses!!

I thought he looked good in them. He does look a lot like his mom.

Question, Afer the wedding Daniel's mom and dad wore new badges. What were they?

Very Nice Speeches!

Thanks Mellie, that was me. I don't know how you guys find these things.

As an introduction to everyone as the newest member of the Royal Family, all 3 speeches (King Carl, Mr. W and Prince Daniel) were great. It's a fantastic love story, and the people of Sweden should be proud their princess is not a haughty woman, but one who chose her consort for his character. She loves the person he is inside, and we have only begun to glimpse that.

I think I learned more about Daniel today than I have in the past 2 years! He just might work out after all. ;)

Some Thoughts:

1) The Crown on Victoria's head was huge. That along with the dress reminded me of a a scene in a movie where a 12th century royal queen was dressed on her wedding day- very similar look.

2) Carl Philip was a surprising choice for Best Man. I wasn't aware that the two Princes were that close. Made me think that maybe Daniel and Jonas had a deal to be each others best men before things fell apart.

3) If Jonas watched any of the festivities today, I am sure he must have given himself a swift kick in the rear for being so stupid.

This huge tiara which is Napoleonic in origin is the Empress Josephine tiara and is the traditional one worn by all brides of the royal court of the Bernadottes.Queen Silvia wore this one and Maddie may very well as well.. It so rarely comes out as it is a parure with matching earrings and bracelet - and I think necklace yes with cameos and pearls which Victoria did not wear.Queen Silvia wore the Braganza tiara;{I always like Silvia with her hair in a chignon.rather than down.} also a big and heavy one so they looked co-ordinated. .Jonas is history and Maddie looked spectacular as she conquered with her blue dress.
Victoria was sincere, sensible and enthusiastic with abounding energy.She will be a great kind and loving wife.Sweden is blessed to have her.

Back
Top Bottom