The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Ya most likely I'm guessing it's their way of saying "reception"
I remember reading a book about Kennedy weddings. The Wedding of Robert Kennedy Sr and Ethel Kennedy had a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony. They served breakfast foods I believe. Usually it's simply called wedding reception and it happens in the evening. Or maybe that's just been my experience

Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki63 View Post
The song was "When You Tell The World You're Mine" sung by Björn Skifs & Agnes Carlsson. Not sure who actually wrote it.
Thank you!

I actually found some info on it. It was written especially for the wedding:

"When You Tell The World You're Mine" is a po song recorded by Swedish singers Agnes and Björn Skifs. The song was performed at the Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling on June 19, 2010. It is also the official wedding song, written especially for this occasion and as a gift to the bridal couple. Before the ceremony, the title and everything concerning the song was a secret, and it was not until the actual performance that this information was revealed.

Source: When You Tell The World You're Mine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-20-2010, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Any information on the supposed luncheon today?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Courtier

My respect for Princess Madeleine. She was very graceful, beautiful and a perfect little sister. Despite all the rumours surrounding her, she did very well.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Can you tell us why CW was better dressed than the other royals. Granted she did look nice but hardly was she outstanding. Her chiffon gown in beige did not match what appeared to be diamond earrings-they were too heavy for the church; I think the gown needed sleeves.
The wedding gown of Victoria was beautiful in design as i have stated before but the execution was not couture level as it should have been due to the visibility of the hem inside the train.. and a few other things I noticed, Instead of being so ecstatic to marry perhaps Victoria could have paid attention to her train and bouquet...Victoria knows the perception of the big picture but others will have to look at the details for her. Otherwise she was an outstanding and exceptional bride.
Does anybody know what the flowers in the bouquet were?Did they signify anything for Sweden?What kind of flowers were they?. would someone pls calrify .. thanks in advance.

Actually, there was no hem showing inside the train, that was the border of the train. There were also loops sewn to the sides of the end of the train for the courtiers to hold onto, rather than perhaps soil the topside of the train when assisting the Crown Princess. The silk duchess satin I am sure was underlined in silk organza and china silk, and due to the way the train moved and looked very lightweight, I am sure it was contructed in a way that would be easy for her young attendants to lift and to put into the carriages, barge, and limo. I thought the gown was a masterpiece of simplistic elegance and executed impeccably. As a designer myself and having created trains of approximately the same length for my clients, I could see nothing that would betray a gown fitting a future Queen of Sweden.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaJa View Post
I remember reading a book about Kennedy weddings. The Wedding of Robert Kennedy Sr and Ethel Kennedy had a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony. They served breakfast foods I believe. Usually it's simply called wedding reception and it happens in the evening. Or maybe that's just been my experience
I thought it might be that too but when I read the menu seemed more like a dinner they had for example chicken breast stuffed with lamb mousse and brill in lobster sauce.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:

There was a time, not so long ago, when most weddings took place in the morning and hence, the reception afterward was known as a "wedding breakfast"......
Old 06-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguetteprincess View Post
Actually, there was no hem showing inside the train, that was the border of the train. There were also loops sewn to the sides of the end of the train for the courtiers to hold onto, rather than perhaps soil the topside of the train when assisting the Crown Princess. The silk duchess satin I am sure was underlined in silk organza and china silk, and due to the way the train moved and looked very lightweight, I am sure it was contructed in a way that would be easy for her young attendants to lift and to put into the carriages, barge, and limo. I thought the gown was a masterpiece of simplistic elegance and executed impeccably. As a designer myself and having created trains of approximately the same length for my clients, I could see nothing that would betray a gown fitting a future Queen of Sweden.
I totally agree with you. Gee, I didn't know Anchorage Alaska was overloaded with couture designers.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Commoner

Go Sweden !

Well done to all involved ! ....a great day for Sweden and for the Crown Princess couple. !....Well done to Prince Daniel for such a heartfelt and unscripted speech.....now please go ALL the way and give him the title he deserves.... - Crownprince Daniel.....
Old 06-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
It is called the Wedding Breakfast because it is the first meal the couple share together as man and wife. The same applied to Grace's wedding and long ago to mine. Daniel and Victoria's was the wedding breakfast indeed[first meal together as husband and wife] but just translated for another continent.as reception
Old 06-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is called the Wedding Breakfast because it is the first meal the couple share together as man and wife. The same applied to Grace's wedding and long ago to mine. Daniel and Victoria's was the wedding breakfast indeed[first meal together as husband and wife] but just translated for another continent.as reception
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post
There was a time, not so long ago, when most weddings took place in the morning and hence, the reception afterward was known as a "wedding breakfast"......
Ahh those two answers make total sense to me!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by baguetteprincess View Post
... and it didn't have one wrinkle, either. The gown wore well and it looked comfortable. As well it should, CP Victoria and Prince Daniel had a very long day yesterday.....
Old 06-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingnana View Post
I totally agree with you. Gee, I didn't know Anchorage Alaska was overloaded with couture designers.

I am not from Anchorage...have lived in the lower 48 for most of my life and have designed bridal gowns for celebrities and high society for most of my life.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki63 View Post
The song was "When You Tell The World You're Mine" sung by Björn Skifs & Agnes Carlsson. Not sure who actually wrote it.
I said it before and I'll say it again.....I want that song at my wedding with those same singers. I've never heard anything so romantic and beautiful in my life. By the way, I guess I'lll also have to have the choir and orchestra, too! You are all invited, or course! There is just the small matter of finding a groom...
Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Her bouquet I would like explained to me please; what was it and why? what kind of flowers were those?

Someone already explained it, either in this thread or another one about the wedding. You could also go to the Royal Court's website and go into the wedding section to read about it.

http://www.royalcourt.se/royalcourt/...480002260.html

Quote:
The bridal bouquet

The Crown Princess´s bridal bouquet consists of a mixture of traditional Swedish summer flowers and more exotic flowers. All the flowers are white, and the bouquet is tied into a free teardrop shape.

The Crown Princess´s bridal bouquet includes the following flowers: lily of the valley, rose, phalaenopsis orchid, peony, clematis, cosmos, wax flower, sweet pea, dicentra formosa, Mårbacka pelargonium, Amazon lily, gardenia, azalea, bleeding heart and the traditional myrtle from Sofiero.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I loved the gown and I thank you for the clarifications.The border of the train is the hem.?It could have been lined in moire silk to give it more inventiveness and form..Also the train and skirt should have had little magnets in it to keep it from flying up. The Duchess satin was not top notch.Masterpiece ? no - it wasn't Grace Kelly's gown. Victoria's gown was exceptional.. agree to disagree.....simplicity and simplified practice are two different things and it is always good to be able to discern one from the other... the bride was herself in this case the masterpiece and magnum opus and that was better than everything else I have ever seen at anybody's wedding.As a couture expert myself I think the execution of the gown was modern enough.Considering older techniques on wedding gowns and couture have been lost and revised with more facile manners of construction& with the passing generations that took those secrets of construction with them.Like most of the royal ladies arrived in sleeveless gowns because sleeves are difficult to attach properly to any gown nowadays and we hardly ever see them anymore with buttoned sleeves and actual buttonholes etc.
What of the bouquet ? Does it signify anything because I found it a rather symbolic piece for some reason . Does anybody know?

I don't think more lining would have been desired as more creates bulk and bulk creates lines and distortion. I think considering that the train was probably around 17ft long, pretty heavy enough...silk duchess satin is a heavy enough and with the internal support of the silk organza which prevents wrinkles and adds enough body to the train without being heavy, it was enough.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Nobility

I missed the concert is there anywhere I can go to see it?
Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Commoner

Quote:
We can dispute this all night- there is another lining that could have been used as silk organza crinkles and makes the gown hot- however I have no idea what it is called in English.Gros faille would have been my first choice. But I am of another century
Ok what was that bouquet?
Just wrote about it.

As I stated regarding the train, the silk organza and china silk, and perhaps a lighter weight silk satin were more than likely used to line/underline the train. I don't think the bride, being as considerate as many say she is, would like the 17ft or so of train to drag and weigh more with more underlining, lining, and interfacing in addition to the veil she was also carrying behind her, for her attendants to manuever around the city. Silk organza does not crinkle, not sure what type silk organza you have had, but the weight I use is a firm weight and has been used by couturiers for generations. It has been used to prevent wrinkles, creases and is known as the 'hanger' that most fine evening fabrics rely on for support.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
What I found too much in terms of "like parents" is that Victoria not only chose the same wedding date but also chose to look like a younger copy of her mother by chosing the same tiara. At times, the hommage to her parents or repeating parts of her parents' wedding was too much for me.

A bit more personality - Victoria & Daniel who have to find their own way - would have been good.
I also found it too much that Victoria chose the same date; the same tiara; the same veil; the same tight-to-the-head hairdo; a similarly plain, unadorned dress; and similar flower girl dresses... and then took the same carriage ride and same boat ride as her mother and father. I like tradition but I couldn't find "Victoria" in the wedding.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:12 PM
Aristocracy

Here's a few photos of them attending Princess Victoria's wedding in Sweden

KA & QR
Queen Rania of Jordan Pictures - Guests at Princess Victoria's Wedding - Zimbio

QR
Queen Rania of Jordan Pictures - Wedding Of Swedish Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling - Cortege - Zimbio

QR
Queen Rania Pictures - Wedding Of Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling - Banquet - Inside - Zimbio

KA
King Abdullah Pictures - Wedding Of Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling - Banquet - Inside - Zimbio

and a photo of the queen taking the picture she posted on twitter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/yvonne...6.html#s102940

twitter photo
http://twitpic.com/1yheq8

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding