The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm not "nitpicking" Victoria, but I thought her bouquet and train could've been better too
I'm confused! Could you please explain in what way could the bouquet and train have been "better" and what alternative solutions you would have invoked had you been the dress designer, the florist and, indeed, Victoria herself?

ADDENDUM - just seen CrownPrincess5's explanation above! All I can say is that the more additions to the dress, the more there is not to like!!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'm confused! Could you please explain in what way could the bouquet and train have been "better" and what alternative solutions you would have invoked had you been the dress designer, the florist and, indeed, Victoria herself?
Read my reply to Sister M....#1945 I believe.

It's hard to explain but I really shouldn't have said "could've been better....what I meant was I thought it would've been more lavish, for example, diamonds in the bouquet, the train flowing out of the door, blah blah blah.
After realizing who Victoria is (simple, etc) I'm glad she went simply elegant.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I know this it not really related to the wedding but I'm just wondering what's the difference between a "wedding breakfast" and a "reception" they seem almost like the same thing from what I've seen. Well then again I'm judging this mostly based on Diana/Charles' wedding vs Victoria and Daniel's wedding
Old 06-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah View Post
Hi Chemene! you can TRH CP Fredrik & CP Mary; CP Haakon & CP Mette Marit, CP Willem Alexander & CP Maxima's weddings on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. including the omst recent TRH KP Victoria & P Daniel.
Thank you. But wait... What do I do?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I know this it not really related to the wedding but I'm just wondering what's the difference between a "wedding breakfast" and a "reception" they seem almost like the same thing from what I've seen. Well then again I'm judging this mostly based on Diana/Charles + Autumn /Peter's weddings vs Victoria and Daniel's wedding

A reception is usually a dinner/ball that follows the wedding ceremony. A wedding breakfast is either given the morning of the wedding or the morning following the wedding. Normally it's given by the family of the bride. I know back in the late 1800s, in upper-class society, this was quite common.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I'm curious as to what was wrong with her bouquet. Or her train, for that matter. She's a simple girl. Future queen of Sweden, but a simple girl. So her dress/bouquet reflected those tastes. If she had an ostentatious display of wealth going on yesterday, it would have tacky and dare I say, cheap.

I thought she had one of the nicest royal bouquets I've seen since Mary's wedding in 2004.
When I saw the flower arrangements in the church I hoped to see a Mette-Marit type of bouquet. I loved Princess Mette-Marit's bouquet and I think it would have been also fit perfectly to the simple but still very elegant wedding arrangements at Princess Victoria's wedding. However, I also think that her bouquet still underlined her character to the best. She was simply a beautiful bride, and to be honest I don't think it would have mattered at all what bouquet or wedding gown or tiara she would have worn. She was just one very happy bride who is deeply in love. Her happiness outshone everything. I can't see anything else on Victoria on her wedding day that was not simply perfect, beautiful and heart-warming.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
When I saw the flower arrangements in the church I hoped to see a Mette-Marit type of bouquet. I loved Princess Mette-Marit's bouquet and I think it would have been also fit perfectly to the simple but still very elegant wedding arrangements at Princess Victoria's wedding. However, I also think that her bouquet still underlined her character to the best. She simply beautiful, and to be honest I don't think it would have mattered what bouquet or wedding gown or tiara she wore. She was just one very happy bride who is deeply in love. Her happiness outshone everything. I can't see anything on Victoria that was not anything else than simply perfect and beautiful and heart-warming.
You explained that well...that's what I was trying to say somewhat.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

I think the wedding was really nice and from the pictures, it seems that it was really fun for the couple and for the guests as well....I just saw the official pictures...Christian is so cute...I haven't watched the whole wedding though since my internet connection is quite chappy...but I'll be watching it later....
Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
A reception is usually a dinner/ball that follows the wedding ceremony. A wedding breakfast is either given the morning of the wedding or the morning following the wedding. Normally it's given by the family of the bride. I know back in the late 1800s, in upper-class society, this was quite common.
How come for Diana and Charles they called it a wedding breakfast it happened right after the ceremony. Actually all the British royal weddings I've read about except Peter and Autumn seemed to contain a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony at BP usually.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Is there a special reason why Prince Albert wore a white jacket instead of black as most of the other royal men did?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
How come for Diana and Charles they called it a wedding breakfast it happened right after the ceremony. Actually all the British royal weddings I've read about except Peter and Autumn seemed to contain a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony at BP usually.

The Brits may have a different way of describing things. It's always been my experience that a wedding breakfast takes place early in the day, either the day of or the day after, and the reception takes place the afternoon or evening of the wedding.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Brits may have a different way of describing things. It's always been my experience that a wedding breakfast takes place early in the day, either the day of or the day after, and the reception takes place the afternoon or evening of the wedding.
Ya most likely I'm guessing it's their way of saying "reception"
Old 06-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Ya most likely I'm guessing it's their way of saying "reception"
Or hung over..
Yeah they may still be making the weekend one to remember. I wonder what they are doing this Sunday. More of the good stuff. I bet. Those rich people can do about anything. What would you do? More fun for me is what I'd do. hehehe But maybe it was enough rah!! rah!! rah!! Who knows? Good luck to them anyway. Congratulations Victoria and Daniel.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 PM

When did the newly wed leave the party? Which time?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Courtier

Can someone tell me please what Lando char is on the menu for the second course?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

^Tell me about it! I'm wondering the same except for all the dishes haha. I never can understand these royal dishes they sound so weird. I've still never heard of supreme de volaille Princesse de Galles except for at Diana's wedding That one was chicken breast stuffed with lamb mousse. I've never even heard of lamb mousse let alone what it looks like. I'm guessing they're dishes are ones you don't normally see on a menu...right?

Uploading the wedding right now for you guys. It says it'll be done in 4 hours.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Can someone tell me please what Lando char is on the menu for the second course?
[artic] char is a type of fish found in the north seas. It's well known here in Canada. I am not sure which recipe is "lando char".
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Commoner

Smile Anyone?

Oh, I'm so in love with Victoria and Daniel. The wedding, despite the pomp, was at the same time unpretentious in my humble opinion, just because the couple seem so down-to-earth. The newlyweds looked like they were having fun from beginning to end, like all other commoner couples do. When they were eating the cake it was so cute. Well, everything was so sweet and cute and perfect that I don't know where to begin.

I have a question: what was the name of the beautiful song that was performed for the bride and groom after the ceremony? Was it written especially for the wedding or does it belong to a musical? There are so many posts here that it's been pretty hard for me to find any information. Could anyone please help? I'd appreciate it greatly. I am getting married in September and perhaps I will have it performed at my own wedding as a surprise to my groom (who is Danish by the way). Or maybe have it written on a card (we're going to exchange gifts on the wedding night). I will include the proper credits (whoever wrote it) of course.

Thank you!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Aristocracy

The song was "When You Tell The World You're Mine" sung by Björn Skifs & Agnes Carlsson. Not sure who actually wrote it.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Courtier

I have just listened to Daniel's speech in full with subtitles and am totally in love with it. He has done it wonderfully. His first speech as a Swedish prince and he was great.

Does anyone know when Victoria did the trip to China he is referring in his speech. What a romantic gesture from her to write him letters for every single day they were supposed to be seperated from each other. I was in tears when he said this. I think Prince Daniel will be a wonderful husband to his wife and a wonderful Prince to his country. The Swedes can be very proud of their crown princess couple.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding