Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel is widely praised by experts because of his speech:
Daniel en ”gudagåva till prins” - DN.se
Google Translator

Old 06-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Commoner

I really loved the design of princess victoria's gown but the designer could have added some crystals or pearls on it to add some more shining and glamorous touch to gown if her tiara was silver it could have been better than the gold one but her make up was very simple and elegant i loved the fact that she never stopped smiling and laughing she was really happy
for me the best gown of wedding was the one worn by the mother of the bride queen Silvia she looked stunning n pink

Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Ok, I have watched the coverage for about 10 hours and I slept only 5 hours
I do not regret, it was my first royal wedding and definitely not the last, I want more

Victoria looked beautiful, I like her dress more and more, gown is perfect for her - elegant and timeless.
Daniel with the glasses - he looked very good.

The ceremony was very touching They're very in love

The cortage and welcoming at the palace - fantastic, there were so many people.

The dinner was held in beautiful place, I adore the flowers on a main table.
It was nice to see royals in interactions, some of them are talking and talking

Daniel speech - amazing, especially the fact that he didn't read it.

Cutting the cake and the waltz were lovely, the newlyweds were more relaxed and so happy.

I wish both of them lots oh happiness and long live together
Old 06-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
GUESTS LEAVING CROWN PRINCESS WEDDING SWEDEN

Photobank CTK
salma your link has wonderful pix for Ali and Rym ; just write his name

http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/search?q=prince+ali+al+hussein&service[]=1&service[]=2&service[]=3&service[]=4&service[]=5&service[]=6
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 06-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel and Carl Philip at the Cathedral
GP
Kisses (gallery) during the day:
GP
Finnish newspaper has listed the most handsome men at the wedding
Iltalehti
Old 06-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Wonderful observation. And if I may add, it takes a great deal of discipline and determination as well.

The press has been annoying me with their snobbery, calling Daniel a fitness trainer every chance they get, as if that's something to be ashamed of. They've obviously never heard the term: "there are no dumb jobs, just dumb people". Look at Jonas, he's a lawyer yet he's proven himself quite a shady character. Besides, via his father's great toast, we've learned that he wanted to be a hockey player. Perhaps the fact that he's not always in good health prevented him from becoming one.

Well, I guess they will their their attitude very soon because the fitness trainer managed on his very fist day as a royal to behave perfectly during the wedding, the ride and the trip with the Vasaorden which was a lot of time,(and although it might have been hard for him given his health issues not to appear tired, but to smile and wave and stand for such a long time )and to deliver a speech in Swedish and English in front of a large audience without mubling and without holding notes. So, if this is a taste of what's to follow, I believe he will prove that he is worth of that HRH as much as those born with it
Old 06-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

I will admit I was severely disappointed when I first saw Victoria get out of the car. I thought the gown was far too plain and of course she was wearing the Cameo Tiara, which I had hoped she would not do.
As the ceremony commenced and I watched her and Daniel say their vows, and on throughout the rest of the day I realized that gown was absolutely perfect for her. Instead of focusing on pearls, crystals, lace and flounces, you see HER. In all her beauty, joy and presence. She glowed like a bright star. There was no way you could miss how deeply in love she is with Daniel and he with her. She was as beautiful a bride as you could ask for. I now would not change one stitch of that dress, nor would I want her to wear any other tiara than the Cameo. She carried it all like the Queen she will be one day, and Daniel proved himself to be a worthy Prince to stand by her side. Their unapologetic joy in one another was truly wonderful to see.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Gentry

It was probably the most emotional beautiful wedding I've ever seen on TV.
But, I think SVT was poor. The camera angles were odd and when they said 'I do' they were filmed from behind.
Then as they travelled around the town you hardly saw them up close.

It felt a bit weird to see them inside the their dinner and I think that part should have been left out and that only the speeches would have been aired.

Victoria's dress was a dream. Classic and elegant, but boy did bith CP and Prince Daniel look tired! They've had a tough week.

Overall a very special ceremony and I think they will have a great effect on our country once Victoria takes over from her lovely father.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
Yes, I hope so too. And to some point I agree with you, Winnie, although it was a solemn ceremony their behaviour gave away the signs of their mature love. I also found stroking Daniel's face sweet; Victoria must be over the moon judging from all these pictures...
Thank you for the reply
If you mean the part directly after exchanging the rings I noticed a second later he brought his hand up as well. The commentator gasped at the same time I noticed it. Tears. I thought it was beautiful to see him that deeply moved. This is a true fairytale marriage.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
Perhaps queen Rania is messaging her children!!! I like Letizia and Mary`s way of speaking .
Queen rania`s twitter .. pic
Beautiful ceremony, enhanced by excitement and energy of Swed... on Twitpic
Quote:
Beautiful ceremony, enhanced by excitement and energy of Swedish people. Beautiful ceremony, enhanced by excitement and energy of Swed... on Twitpic

Wonderful day in Stockholm for Crown Princess Victoria's wedding. Lucky 2 hv witnessed love shared by gorgeous bride and groom
Old 06-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
... The nude dress made her look washed out and her overall presentation was lackluster...more for her attitude/demeanor/behavior than what she wore. If she is still having problems with her sister's death, they need to get her to a counselor (or change the one they have) to deal with it. If that isn't the problem and she just does not want to be at these other events, then her character is flawed and the only way to fix that is a second divorce for her. Otherwise, someone needs to tell her to snap out of it.

BTW, she is TOO THIN.
Is Felipe draping the shawl or lifting the dress?
http://1.2.3.12/bmi/cache.daylife.co...2f8IM/610x.jpg
Felipe is getting chubby with age. The double chin is clearly visible, he should start eating half a meal and give the other half to his wife.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/102...0A760B0D811297

Regarding Letizia visibly in a bad mood, the german daily newspaper (no tabloid) Die Welt is reporting that Letizia looked miffed.
Ein Herz und eine Krone - Nachrichten welt_print - Vermischtes - WELT ONLINE

In general, the SRF hate partying in public, unlike the nordic royals. They prefer to exclude the public and live their luxury life behind closed doors, nurturing their image of "hardworking" royals. Besides, its not a nice feeling always to be invited somewhere without responding with an own invitation, gives the impression to be a parasite.

Only Sofia usually enjoys such festivities, simply because she grew up in the royal circle and many of the people she meets there are her close friends. Letizia doesnt have the royal connection and unlike Mary, MM or Maxima she doesnt seem to be interested in establishing one. And unlike her fellow CPs, she always looks completely out of her comfort zone.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Nobility

Very well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestocking View Post
I've enjoyed seeing the photos and reading some of the coverage abroad of this wedding even though I don't understand Swedish. One of the German articles commented that the wedding displayed how authentic Princess Victoria and her new husband are. She's been with him for years, she built a rock solid relationship, she outwaited any objections her father had and her husband has proved himself to everyone and seems like a sterling man. Even having her father give her away at the altar is seen as a sign of Victoria's respect for tradition and for proving to the country that her father does approve of the marriage. It's seen as substance over style. I think that's the overall message that comes across here. What everyone wore really doesn't make much of a difference to me. I hope they're happy together and have the children and happy family they want.
I like very much what You wrote. Thank You!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Very emotional wedding, the couple is clearly in love and had to fight for each other. It reminded me of MM's and Maxima's wedding, those weddings had a similar background.

Victoria was beaming and very beautiful and I wish them well, although I believe that life will not be easy for them. Personified happiness, really. Like her parents, Victoria is the strong woman in the relationship, giving her hubby the loving push to do the right thing. As we can see with Silvia and CG, it can work. Only that Victoria will be the Queen, but Daniel seems to be the consort type by nature.

What I found too much in terms of "like parents" is that Victoria not only chose the same wedding date but also chose to look like a younger copy of her mother by chosing the same tiara. At times, the hommage to her parents or repeating parts of her parents' wedding was too much for me.

A bit more personality Victoria & Daniel who have to find their own way would have been good.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I can't see more photos! only Frederik...
Do you have of Mary, please?
Thanks!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Surprised

It is so surprising, when you read some of the posts, that so many spend so much time looking for faults, so as to be to think they know better. Why find fault instead of search for the beautiful, fine and be overjoyed with the happy couple that exudes happiness shining over all. If you search for errors, they are everywhere, but happiness is not as easy to find.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Some photos from the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet", entitled "Court Blog" with Jeny Alexandersson; some have a "behind the scenes" quality...

Hovbloggen
Old 06-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Holy cow! He looks just like Guillame.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if Edward & Sophie are in this official pic?
I don't see them.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Gentry

Has somebody this picture bigger?
Photo from Getty Images

And, I know, this is CP Victoria's and Prince Daniel's wedding thread, but does Sophie of Wessex some health problems? Varicose veins, maybe?
http://img109.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_490lo.jpg#

Congratulations, Victoria and Daniel!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

So are Victoria and Daniel still in Sweden or gone on honeymoon already ?

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding