Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Anyone have a picture of their Rings ?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Forgive me if these questions have been asked, but I am not energetic enough to read through the 80+ pages!

What was on the menu for dinner?
Is there a cake cutting ceremony as in the US?
Was Prince Georg Friedrich there to meet Madeleine?
Georg Friedrich wasn't on the published lists of guests. I checked... twice. I was a bit surprised. Though I am not sure that he's the right one for Madeleine. She did look happy on her own today. I hope she gets over Jonas and finds someone who will be good to her.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, this thread really exploded. From what I can tell (and that's not a lot, seeing as I was asleep when this all occurred) it was a beautiful ceremony. Daniel definitely made me cry at least once when I heard his speech. I wish them all the best! :-)
Old 06-20-2010, 01:18 AM

This was a beautiful wedding. I can faintly remember Princess Diana's wedding to Prince Charles and , in my opinion, Victoria and Daniel's wedding was better! They seem so much in love and comfortable in their own skin.

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I knew that this site would have all the information regarding the wedding. Here's a link for those in the US who want to see clips of the wedding.

Det kungliga bröllopet - livesändningen | svt.se
Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 AM
Aristocracy

Mum, dad and I watched it on my computer and enjoyed it. Mum noted Daniel's resemblance to Clark Kent too
Old 06-20-2010, 01:35 AM
Gentry

Does anybody has pictures of princesses Nathalie and Alexandra Berleburg, I saw Nathalie during the broadcast but I haven't seen pics of her and her sister.
It was a lovely wedding!! Congratulations to the happy couple!! Do you know how many time for their honeymoon will they have?
Old 06-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Courtier

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/UBCR_...ictoria+Daniel
Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 AM
Courtier

A beautiful day for Sweden's brand new Prince and everyone around the world watching in real time. Thank god for technology. Congratulations to all those in Sweden who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make the Crown Princesses day a wonderful day for everyone to remember. After attending so many other royal weddings, Victoria looked overjoyed to finally be at her own. And her guests didn't let her down by enjoying themselves also.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree. Every country has its own culture and special traditions that are reflected in a royal wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
in regards to the BRF outdoing this wedding. I don't feel anyone has to try to out do anyone else I just feel they each should try and make their wedding day as special and as memorable as possible.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Serene Highness

Due to my tummy rebelling on me when I woke up this morning, I ended up taking two Gravol and going back to bed. Which in turn made me miss all the fun in here today. I was really looking forward to enjoying this amazing day w/all of you too.

I've got an awful lot of catching up to do, but I'm looking forward to it.

My thoughts...

Victoria looked glorious today!! She was simply stunning. Loved the Dress and it looked amazing on her. As for all of those doubters when it came to the Cameo Tiara...Victoria not only wore it well, but did it justice as well. I also have a brand new favourite All Time Royal Bride's Bouquet. Sophie, Countess of Wessex's was in top spot, but not anymore. Victoria's was gorgeous and not too big or outlandish either. It really was beautiful.

Daniel was quite the dapper Groom and both he and Victoria were just literally overflowing w/joy and love for each other. You can feel it through any of the video coverage I've seen. My favourite picture so far is over at Hello Magazine's section for the Wedding. At one point during the Ceremony, Victoria reaches up and w/the back of her fingers brushes Daniel's cheek. It's just such a lovely and intimate gesture and combined w/the look that's being exchanged between the two of them and...Sigh!!

I don't really have a favourite gown, as most of the Royal Ladies today all looked good for the most part, but mostly because I'm not a fan of the latest fashion trend of the multi ruffled skirt for Formal Gowns. I did adore the colour of Madeleine's dress, as well as Mette-Marit's. I also liked Infanta Cristina's dress.

Princess Mabel OTOH....Yi yi yi!!! What was she thinking!?! W/out a doubt, the Worst Dressed Guest at the Wedding.

A pity that Infanta Elena decided to go for the full on Bullfighter look on her bolero jacket. If the jacket had only the diamond design detail on it, then that and the dress would have been a real winner for HRH. Instead, it was just way too much and ended up being a Hot Mess.

Finally saw a picture of Princess Clare and that sheer material that made up the sleeve just does not go w/the dress. For that kind of a design, you need to have the sleeve match the rest of the dress, because then whomever is looking at you will have their eyes drawn to that mis matched sleeve and it won't matter what the rest of the dress looks like after that. Too bad too, as it had potential to be a real show stopper.

It *finally* clicked for me who Prince Carl Philip has been reminding me of. It's been driving me nuts the last couple of months, but it finally came to me today. Now I could be mistaken here, but...He really has quite the resemblance to Orlando Bloom. At least I think so.

So sad Princess Lilian wasn't there, but it's even sadder the reason why she couldn't attend. I lost my own Great Aunt, whom I was close to, to Alzheimer's. It is a cruel, cruel disease and I can easily imagine how heartbreaking it was to the Family to learn about the Princess' diagnosis.

All in all, a glorious day for a lovely young couple.

Wishing them all the best for a wonderful life filled w/love, happiness and the blessings of family.

Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden!!
Old 06-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

I read the King's speech and it's really nice. But they left out the party where he thanked the Queen, didn't they?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Courtier

More from Zimbio : Princess Victoria of Sweden Gets Married - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/1J02R...ictoria+Daniel
Old 06-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

BB gallery of Mary & Fred at the wedding
BB gallery of the carriage drive and a lovely gallery of Victoria entering the church
Old 06-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Commoner

The wedding was beautiful, Princess Victoria's tiara was not! That tiara is identical to a Burger King Crown.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedmonds View Post
The wedding was beautiful, Princess Victoria's tiara was not! That tiara is identical to a Burger King Crown.
I must say that I too found the bride's choice of tiara intersting and a bit odd.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
I must say that I too found the bride's choice of tiara intersting and a bit odd.
I thought she was very beautiful and hate that I had to say that. That did sound very mean and cruel. But the tiara was not nice. I was shocked!
Old 06-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden weds Daniel Westling (19/06/2010).
Old 06-20-2010, 03:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice photo of Daniel thanking his relative, who was playing outside the church:
SvenskDam
Victoria´s shoes, from Roger Vivier
SvenskDam
Old 06-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Nice photo of Daniel thanking his relative, who was playing outside the church:
SvenskDam
Victoria´s shoes, from Roger Vivier
SvenskDam
I adore these shoes!

Victoria & Daniel: „Ihr habt mir meinen Prinzen geschenkt!“ - BUNTE

http://www.bunte.de/royals/hochzeit-...aid_17989.html
Old 06-20-2010, 03:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Mathilde, Letizia and Felipe yesterday:
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
Fotobanka ČTK
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding