The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Ciao!

Old 06-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Courtier

I don't think I have ever seen a former commoner so in love with his bride! He seems like a really kind and loving man and I believe he will make a wonderful prince.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Nobility

CP Mary and Carina Axelsson came together moving to the white room where the wedding dance was going to take place. Carina had to fix something on her dress or so, and walked to the right (her right) and seemed to put something down before sterting to fix something on her dress. She wasn't aware that she actually stopped right in front of a camera!!

CP Mary pointed at the camera, and Carina saw it too then and they both began laughing!! It happened very quick, but it was a cute and funny moment!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
ps: I was so moved when i heard Prince Daniel say that the CP Victoria wrote him 30 letters for the 30 days she would be away from him!!!
Me too! Couldn't stop my tears then!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentienne View Post
CP Mary and Carina Axelsson came together moving to the white room where the wedding dance was going to take place. Carina had to fix something on her dress or so, and walked to the right (her right) and seemed to put something down before sterting to fix something on her dress. She wasn't aware that she actually stopped right in front of a camera!!

CP Mary pointed at the camera, and Carina saw it too then and they both began laughing!! It happened very quick, but it was a cute and funny moment!!
Yes!! And obviously the director changed cameras so as she could fix whatever needed fixing!!

Also i noticed that many of the ladies where walking like their shoes were hurting them at the end. Did the guests rest at all before dinner??Where were the guests while the couple did the tour??
Old 06-19-2010, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lia View Post
Where were the guests while the couple did the tour??
They where in the royal palace where they could watch the procession on big screen tv
Old 06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmily View Post
I tried a little quickly. Forgive me if there's any wierd sentences or anything but I think you'll understand!

I've been given the oppurtunity to get to know a young woman with a lovely sense of humor, a strong sense of duty and in addition to that she's very very wise. We became friends but the more I got to know her the more irrisistible she became. This years with Victoria have gone so fast and they have been the best years of my life.

I'm so grateful to you, your majesty, the king and the queen, for your loving support and the way that you have welcomed me into your family.
My thought also goes to my own family, my mother, my father, my sister and her daughters. Mother and dad, through my childhood you always been given me your love. You have been helping me with your wiseness and helping me with building my confidense and safety with healthy values that's been guiding me through life.

Today when we where travelling through the streets of Stockholm we recieved incredible kindness and joy. A memory that we always will be carrying with us in our hearts forever.
Through the years I've had with Victoria I've been given so much support from her and from all of you. And it has been very important for me. Thank you!

I have very much respect towards the tasks that lays ahead of me. It will be, without a doubt, a big challenge. I will do my best to live up to the expectations that you will have. I will do my best to support my wife, the crown princess of Sweden, in her important work.

My beloved Victoria. I'm so proud of what we have together. I'm so happy that you let me be your husband. I will do everything that I can so that you can remain just as happy as you are today.
Victoria - love is the biggest thing of it all. I love you so!

Now I would like to propose a toast for my wonderful wife.
Cheers!
Thanks so much for translating!!! The more I see of him, the more I like him. He will be a wonderful Prince Consort. I think what I loved so much about this wedding was that it was formal without all the stuffiness. We saw some wonderful moments at the concert among all the royals too. All the activities made us feel as if we were there, as if we were one of them. It was a beautiful day for everyone!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
They where in the royal palace where they could watch the procession on big screen tv
Thank you
Old 06-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Courtier

This has been such an fantastic wedding!! Everything has been perfect and it´s been very romantic and moving. Now i have to go to sleep and dream about all this - i´ve been in front of the tv since 8:00 this morning (yesterday morning ) and now it 01:28 and time to go to bed.

I will have fantastic memories from this wedding - and i will watch the whole thing again soon - i have had the recorder on all day
Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Surprisingly the major newspapers in Spain take the wedding on its covers for tomorrow edition.

El Mundo. The tittle says " The Victory of Love"
http://estaticos.elmundo.es/document...20/portada.pdf
ABC
http://www.abc.es/gestordocumental/u...da20062010.pdf
La Razón
http://www.larazon.es/uploads/portad...62010001_2.pdf

Old 06-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Commoner

Good Night everyone! I've been watching tv since 10.00 AM so it makes it like over 15 hours of loveliness! It's been an amazing day and Victoria and Daniel handled it all very very well! I hope we get some pictures of the brunch tomorrow!

Thank you all for today, it's been fun to follow this with all of you! :)

Sweet Dreams!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Royal Highness

Is there a video of the ball, not only the first waltz, but everything that we saw?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
Is there a video of the ball, not only the first waltz, but everything that we saw?

There's only video of the first dance, as the rest of the ball was to be kept private.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
Maybe this?
Bröllopsvalsen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play

Old 06-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you , but I have seen this one and I wanted the little part after this, when everyone started to dance too
Old 06-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

What a beautiful wedding!!! What a lovely, lovely and pretty bride!!! Victoria looks stunning!!! I wish them all the best!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up HRH Crown Princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel

Congrats to the newly married couple!

*So is it okay to refer to the late Daniel Westling as "Prince Daniel" now?*
Old 06-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals-royce View Post
Congrats to the newly married couple!

*So is it okay to refer to the late Daniel Westling as "Prince Daniel" now?*
yes offcourse, he is prince daniel now
Old 06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

in regards to the BRF outdoing this wedding. I don't feel anyone has to try to out do anyone else I just feel they each should try and make their wedding day as special and as memorable as possible.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

Lovely

Beautiful wedding.
Lovely bride, and lovely groom.

So much fun seeing all the various royals, but one of my favorite parts of the day has to be the moving, heartfelt speech Prince Daniel made at the reception.

On a side note, I think this was the first royal wedding I've seen where a gay male couple were holding hands, and even better, they were waltzing together on the dance floor amongst the various Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses.

Cheers to whoever invited them!

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding