The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple View Post
They've been saying all day that we would see the first dance but then no more so this is definitely it.
They did show the first dance. What we're not allowed to see is the actual party. Maybe because it's private anymore and they don't want us to see them dancing..ahhahaha But this has been a wonderful airing...Thanks guys for the link. Ca'nt wait for their first event as a couple...

Old 06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Nobility

Forgive me if these questions have been asked, but I am not energetic enough to read through the 80+ pages!

What was on the menu for dinner?
Is there a cake cutting ceremony as in the US?
Was Prince Georg Friedrich there to meet Madeleine?

Old 06-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
It's over??
10 hours of ceremony and fun. I'm glad I watched this wedding, but still pissed that I missed the cake part.
I did not move from the couch. This is the most I've ever posted in all the years I've been here. It's been so much fun! I wish I could have seen Mette-Marit and Mary get married.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Fin

I'm not sleepy yet, but I want to go to sleep now and dream about this Magical Day.

Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, A Love to last a Lifetime.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold View Post
Forgive me if these questions have been asked, but I am not energetic enough to read through the 80+ pages!

What was on the menu for dinner?
Is there a cake cutting ceremony as in the US?
Was Prince Georg Friedrich there to meet Madeleine?

Yes, there was a cake cutting ceremony.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Imperial Majesty

Tis has been a magical day and night. So much emotions, I´ve had tears in my eyes many times. It has been marvellous to watch these two, gorgeous people, who are so much in love. I´ve shared their happiness. What a great experience, many wonderful memories. The best of them all, Daniel´s speech.
Good night to everyone, it´s very late here in Finland, I´m going to sleep and watch the beautiful photos tomorrow.
Moderator Emeritus

Can some lovely Swedish members tell us what Prince Daniel said to Victoria in his speech? The parts in Swedish of course.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

What a wonderful wedding. I'll always have such great memories of this day. I got up early especially for this wedding and am glad I got to watch all of it live. It's been a memorable day.
Commoner

whats the name of the song that played the programme at the end during the credits?
Heir Apparent

I think this wedding has been better than the Charles and Diana Wedding.

William still has a career to build before he can think of getting married and perhaps having children.
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
It's been so much fun sharing this all with you! It's so nice to have this whole community here - no one I live with cares to talk with me about any of this. Wonderful to have so many people to watch with, all over the world!

This place is a god send for sure. It's hard to find anyone to talk about it with, let alone finding any media coverage over here. It has been worth the ten hours or so sitting here! I am very surprised my computer didn't crash, it has been burning my lap for a while now lol. Plus, the stream from STV's site never failed me.

Honestly, one of the greatest royal wedding I have seen, if not the best. It may have only been the first one I got to see live, but from all the others one's I checked out on this site and youtube, it was so beautiful and full of love. So much emotion and joy, so many things to love about this wedding. Plus, it was great seeing all of these royals together in one place these past couple of days. CP Victoria has been my favorite royal for some time now, and now she and Prince Daniel are my favorite royal couple.

Can't wait for whatever pics are added later on, espcially looking for Daniel's speech to uploaded in English!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Heres a video clip of the couple cutting the cake. The bakers show Victoria and Daniel their cake too.
Det kungliga bröllopet - livesändningen | svt.se
Scroll down to the bottom. Its the video with the cake as a still (in front of it).
Old 06-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Commoner

This was the best ever!

Where can I find Daniel's speech translated all into English?
Old 06-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Aristocracy

I would have loved to see some Fireworks.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Can't see th BRF surpassing this as I just don't think the will to do so is with them anymore, and IMO hasn't been for years. Nothing much happens in the BR scene anymore and hasn't for a long time.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

What kind of cake was that?
Old 06-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Royal Highness

I hope we'll have a video of the dance
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Nobility

The dance was amazing!!!!

The whole day and evening has been amazing!
I've been stuck in my chair for 14 hours straight!

What a celebration!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Can some lovely Swedish members tell us what Prince Daniel said to Victoria in his speech? The parts in Swedish of course.
I tried a little quickly. Forgive me if there's any wierd sentences or anything but I think you'll understand!

I've been given the oppurtunity to get to know a young woman with a lovely sense of humor, a strong sense of duty and in addition to that she's very very wise. We became friends but the more I got to know her the more irrisistible she became. This years with Victoria have gone so fast and they have been the best years of my life.

I'm so grateful to you, your majesty, the king and the queen, for your loving support and the way that you have welcomed me into your family.
My thought also goes to my own family, my mother, my father, my sister and her daughters. Mother and dad, through my childhood you always been given me your love. You have been helping me with your wiseness and helping me with building my confidense and safety with healthy values that's been guiding me through life.

Today when we where travelling through the streets of Stockholm we recieved incredible kindness and joy. A memory that we always will be carrying with us in our hearts forever.
Through the years I've had with Victoria I've been given so much support from her and from all of you. And it has been very important for me. Thank you!

I have very much respect towards the tasks that lays ahead of me. It will be, without a doubt, a big challenge. I will do my best to live up to the expectations that you will have. I will do my best to support my wife, the crown princess of Sweden, in her important work.

My beloved Victoria. I'm so proud of what we have together. I'm so happy that you let me be your husband. I will do everything that I can so that you can remain just as happy as you are today.
Victoria - love is the biggest thing of it all. I love you so!

Now I would like to propose a toast for my wonderful wife.
Cheers!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Nobility

Everything was sooo beautiful!!!!!!I watched the whole thing from the swedish tv on line...couldn't understand a word but the images were priceless!!!

My best wishes to the lovely couple and may their first born marry on the same day as well

ps: I was so moved when i heard Prince Daniel say that the CP Victoria wrote him 30 letters for the 30 days she would be away from him!!!

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, prince daniel, stockholm, victoria, wedding