Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This wonderful wedding's revelation is the King for me. I never suspected him to be that gentle, poised, gracious man! And what a dancer!

The King has never before shown his feelings, maybe he has taken a hint from Victoria and Daniel: he said in his speech that he and the Queen are glad about the tenderness Victoria and Daniel show to eachother.

This wonderful wedding's revelation is the King for me. I never suspected him to be that gentle, poised, gracious man! And what a dancer!
Back in the seventies the King of Sweden ; in other words Princess Victoria's father was one of the worlds' most eligible bachelors.And it is for the aforementioned reasons you bring up and more.Princess Victoria certainly was fortunate to have had him as a father; and the father of the bride.

Yes no wonder why Victoria has become the great woman that she is.

Back in the seventies the King of Sweden ; in other words Princess Victoria's father was one of the worlds' most eligible bachelors.And it is for the aforementioned reasons you bring up and more.Princess Victoria certainly was fortunate to have had him as a father; and the father of the bride.

What made me melt in a pool of goo over the King on that wonderful day in June, was his speech and how he ended it w/his tribute to the Queen and then givng her the rose. Sigh...:flowers:

The entire wedding was grand.
This is my favorite royal wedding so far.

I have to agree with quite a few posts here: this would be the best Royal Wedding I have ever seen.

The King of Sweden seems like a very reserved man, however this photo shows his words when he said in his speech that their relationship is more than one of being a regent and a successor, but father and daughter:
Scanpix | Forhåndsvisning

Crown Princess Victoria cares so much for Prince Daniel and she has no issues in showing it too. This is evident, especially in this photo with Prince Daniel:

And for those in Australia: doesn't the priest, second from right, look like ex-PM Kevin Rudd? :lol:

Look at Fredriks big smile. Why the chock from Mette-Marit?

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those in Australia: doesn't the priest, second from right, look like ex-PM Kevin Rudd? :lol:

:) I have no idea who Kevin Judd is :) but the priest you are talking about (second from right) is the Bishop of Lund; Antje Jackelén.

She is one of 3 women who are bishops in Sweden...the other two are Eva Brunne, Stockholm and Tuullikki Koivonen Bylund, Härnösand, and there are 12 episcopates in Sweden... and 13 bishops, the Archbischop is number 13, or actually nr 1 and " primus inter pares" (first among equals) and he is the man in the middle in the pic and his name is Anders Wejryd

Here's the video of CP mary making all the weird faces when she was talking! ;)
YouTube - Carina Axelsson and Clown Princess Mary Talking Smack

This is why Mary's my favorite! <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WxQghi276Y&feature=channel

Mary really needs to control her hubby!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yaeVzrREo&NR=1

Some observations: Fred is dancing like he's drunk (oh wait he was) than Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik waltz right over and (probably) tell him to compose himself ;)
The Queen of Spain is standing awkwardly to the left with no dance partner until some man comes and asks her to dance, I bet she's hoping JC is watching on tv so he'll come to the next wedding.
Carl Philip is dancing with Daniel's sister.
Daniel is an excellent dancer! he probably took some classes.
Towards the end Fred & Mary are seen talkign to Ann-Marie and Constantine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfNpXIbq4no&feature=channel

May they live happily ever after.....................

What a great wedding... I loved it, Victoria had a grin from ear to ear but poor Daniel look like he didn't know what to do.

Best dressed for me were::flowers:
Princes Maxima
Countess Sophie
Queen Sofia
Queen Silvia
Princess Madaline
Princess Mathilde

Worst dressed for me::ohmy:
Queen Rania
Princess Mette Marit (the colour made her look pale and old)
Charlene witstock
Tatiana Blatnik

The affection between King Gustaf and Queen Silvia was great to see, happy to see that they still have a strong marriage after 30 odd years. Prince Philip Carl supporting Daniel's sister through the day and supporting Daniel was nice of him.:D

I watched the dancing after the offical dance and saw the Prince Frederick looked a little drunk (Had a little bit too much of the wine;) Some of the people looked like they were squashed and very tired, it was a long day for all. Saw queen Sofia trying to get out of the way of people, espcially when Mary and fred were starting dance and then having the guy bowing and asking her dance was cute (any idea who that was?) Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde chatting then starting to dance but I think there was something wrong with her dress casue she was having trouble dancing.

All in all a good day had by all

Hello, Yes I agree with you that prince Frederick was / looked a little bit high, and the dancing-floor a little bit small and Queen Sofia, as a Greek, doesn't like to be somewhere where she can't be at the center of the spotlight! Kisses.

What a great wedding... I loved it, Victoria had a grin from ear to ear but poor Daniel look like he didn't know what to do.

The affection between King Gustaf and Queen Silvia was great to see, happy to see that they still have a strong marriage after 30 odd years. Prince Philip Carl supporting Daniel's sister through the day and supporting Daniel was nice of him.:D

Victoria is used to people watching at her since childhood, Daniel wasnt. Now he knew that EVERYONE was watching his every move to see if he managed to do everything right.

Daniel did everything right on his wedding day. He showed his feelings so openly at the church when he finally got Victoria as his wife. He made a wonderful speech to his wife, the speech was full of love.
Some photos:
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge
Scanpix Norge

One photo:
TravelgateSweden
More photos:
Victoria och Daniel « IMAGINE
A still photo from the TV:
Bryllup i Sverige | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Eva and Olle Westling
Imagine

Wedding gifts 2010 -exhibition opened today in the Hall of Mirrors at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
Wedding Gifts 2010 – exhibition opens 19 October - Sveriges Kungahus
Some gifts:
A frog prince
ANP Beeldbank
Woodenhand colored Dalecarlia horses
ANP Beeldbank
Tandem gloves in the national colors
ANP Beeldbank
An oil painting featuring the Royal couple
ANP Beeldbank
Knitted potholders and broderies
ANP Beeldbank
A linnen pillow
ANP Beeldbank
Specially designed fotbolls jerseys from the football club Alfta
ANP Beeldbank
A wooden rocking chair in the form of a swan
ANP Beeldbank
A toaster
ANP Beeldbank

Video from the exhibition and the gifts
Se kronprinsessparets presenter - ABC | SVT Play

I watched the dancing after the offical dance and saw the Prince Frederick looked a little drunk (Had a little bit too much of the wine;) Some of the people looked like they were squashed and very tired, it was a long day for all. Saw queen Sofia trying to get out of the way of people, espcially when Mary and fred were starting dance and then having the guy bowing and asking her dance was cute (any idea who that was?) Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde chatting then starting to dance but I think there was something wrong with her dress casue she was having trouble dancing.

All in all a good day had by all

Do you have a link to a video showing the royal guests dancing that includes Mary and Frederick?

Victoria was glowing.:wub: Daniel seems to be a very warm and kind person.

Well Victoria and Daniel have caused me to do something I haven't done for a VERY long time.

I actually purchased a copy of Royalty...it has Victoria and Daniel on the cover and says its the Royal Wedding Collector's Edition. Thirty six (yes 36!) pages of the arrival of some of the guests to Sweden, the prewedding concert, and the wedding in the glossiest stock paper ever...some of the pics we have seen right here at TRF but a treat nonetheless if you would like to have a momento.

I am a little shocked but it puts the wedding coverage of Majesty and Hello to shame!

So if you see it on the newstand it might be worth a purchase.

Well Victoria and Daniel have caused me to do something I haven't done for a VERY long time.

I actually purchased a copy of Royalty...it has Victoria and Daniel on the cover and says its the Royal Wedding Collector's Edition. Thirty six (yes 36!) pages of the arrival of some of the guests to Sweden, the prewedding concert, and the wedding in the glossiest stock paper ever...some of the pics we have seen right here at TRF but a treat nonetheless if you would like to have a momento.

I am a little shocked but it puts the wedding coverage of Majesty and Hello to shame!

Thats great! I'd like to find a copy fo myself ;)

Does anyone know when the whole wedding will be available on DVD?

You know, now that you say it I'm pretty sure it's him, I wish we had a better clip though but I watched him throughout and I would say its him! :)

Humera and Jonc3 I think you're right: it is Mr Westling Sr dancing with Queen Sofia ! Good for him dancing with 2 queens (or more) in one evening, why not.

I actually purchased a copy of Royalty...it has Victoria and Daniel on the cover and says its the Royal Wedding Collector's Edition.

Thank you for the recommendation Zonc, I purchased it today and you're right, it's awesome, the pictures are great!

You know, now that you say it I'm pretty sure it's him, I wish we had a better clip though but I watched him throughout and I would say its him! :)

Yes. You are right! Its Olle Westling. Earlier in the video you can see him dancing with his grand daughter Hedvig, and they are dancing near Queen Sofia, and he probably saw the Queen standing alone and decided to ask her for a dance. You can see Hedvig leaving and mr Westling turning to the Queen :)

I did purchase Hello's issue, just because it was the first one out. I was disappointed by Majesty's coverage and passed on it. I was surprised by Royalty's coverage - so much more than the others and finally(!) good pictures of the large blue & white urns with the purple flowers that were on the arrival side of the balcony. I loved those floral arrangements!

Hello!

I'm new here so I hope this is the right spot to post this question

I found this DVD of Victoria and Daniels wedding but cannot order (book ) it since I am not living in one of the countries they ship to. Does anyone know where else to buy it? I did not find any other site that had the DVD...

here is the link
Det kungliga brllopet - Dvd2 - Discshop.se

Thank you! :)

At the "discshop" site they say that this DVD will be released 2010-12-08 (preleminary).... so if you wait maybe you can find the DVD on other sites (who will ship to USA) lather...?

Back
Top Bottom