Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious as to what was wrong with her bouquet. Or her train, for that matter. She's a simple girl. Future queen of Sweden, but a simple girl. So her dress/bouquet reflected those tastes. If she had an ostentatious display of wealth going on yesterday, it would have tacky and dare I say, cheap.

I thought she had one of the nicest royal bouquets I've seen since Mary's wedding in 2004.

I shouldn't have said her "bouquet and train could've been better".
What I should've posted is that I thought her train and bouquet would've been more lavish (lots of diamonds, etc).
Like you said, I've realized that Victoria's a simple girl. All in all I thought she looked amazing, but I also thought it would be ostentatious.
I'm glad she's a simple princess....maybe thats why she and Daniel received so much love from the people.
Hope I explained it right.

I know you will hate me, but when Daniel smiles, he reminds me a little bit of "Crazy Frog". :ROFLMAO: And the funny thing ist, he said he is no frog.
But I like him. And he is good looking, even when he smiles :D

Hi Chemene! you can TRH CP Fredrik & CP Mary; CP Haakon & CP Mette Marit, CP Willem Alexander & CP Maxima's weddings on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. including the omst recent TRH KP Victoria & P Daniel. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I did not move from the couch. This is the most I've ever posted in all the years I've been here. It's been so much fun! I wish I could have seen Mette-Marit and Mary get married.

I'm not "nitpicking" Victoria, but I thought her bouquet and train could've been better too

I'm confused! Could you please explain in what way could the bouquet and train have been "better" and what alternative solutions you would have invoked had you been the dress designer, the florist and, indeed, Victoria herself?

ADDENDUM - just seen CrownPrincess5's explanation above! All I can say is that the more additions to the dress, the more there is not to like!!

Last edited:
I'm confused! Could you please explain in what way could the bouquet and train have been "better" and what alternative solutions you would have invoked had you been the dress designer, the florist and, indeed, Victoria herself?

Read my reply to Sister M....#1945 I believe.

It's hard to explain but I really shouldn't have said "could've been better:bang:....what I meant was I thought it would've been more lavish, for example, diamonds in the bouquet, the train flowing out of the door, blah blah blah.
After realizing who Victoria is (simple, etc) I'm glad she went simply elegant.

I know this it not really related to the wedding but I'm just wondering what's the difference between a "wedding breakfast" and a "reception" they seem almost like the same thing from what I've seen. Well then again I'm judging this mostly based on Diana/Charles' wedding vs Victoria and Daniel's wedding

I know this it not really related to the wedding but I'm just wondering what's the difference between a "wedding breakfast" and a "reception" they seem almost like the same thing from what I've seen. Well then again I'm judging this mostly based on Diana/Charles + Autumn /Peter's weddings vs Victoria and Daniel's wedding

A reception is usually a dinner/ball that follows the wedding ceremony. A wedding breakfast is either given the morning of the wedding or the morning following the wedding. Normally it's given by the family of the bride. I know back in the late 1800s, in upper-class society, this was quite common.

I'm curious as to what was wrong with her bouquet. Or her train, for that matter. She's a simple girl. Future queen of Sweden, but a simple girl. So her dress/bouquet reflected those tastes. If she had an ostentatious display of wealth going on yesterday, it would have tacky and dare I say, cheap.

I thought she had one of the nicest royal bouquets I've seen since Mary's wedding in 2004.

When I saw the flower arrangements in the church I hoped to see a Mette-Marit type of bouquet. I loved Princess Mette-Marit's bouquet and I think it would have been also fit perfectly to the simple but still very elegant wedding arrangements at Princess Victoria's wedding. However, I also think that her bouquet still underlined her character to the best. She was simply a beautiful bride, and to be honest I don't think it would have mattered at all what bouquet or wedding gown or tiara she would have worn. She was just one very happy bride who is deeply in love. Her happiness outshone everything. I can't see anything else on Victoria on her wedding day that was not simply perfect, beautiful and heart-warming.

When I saw the flower arrangements in the church I hoped to see a Mette-Marit type of bouquet. I loved Princess Mette-Marit's bouquet and I think it would have been also fit perfectly to the simple but still very elegant wedding arrangements at Princess Victoria's wedding. However, I also think that her bouquet still underlined her character to the best. She simply beautiful, and to be honest I don't think it would have mattered what bouquet or wedding gown or tiara she wore. She was just one very happy bride who is deeply in love. Her happiness outshone everything. I can't see anything on Victoria that was not anything else than simply perfect and beautiful and heart-warming.

You explained that well...that's what I was trying to say somewhat:flowers:.

I think the wedding was really nice and from the pictures, it seems that it was really fun for the couple and for the guests as well....I just saw the official pictures...Christian is so cute...I haven't watched the whole wedding though since my internet connection is quite chappy...but I'll be watching it later....

A reception is usually a dinner/ball that follows the wedding ceremony. A wedding breakfast is either given the morning of the wedding or the morning following the wedding. Normally it's given by the family of the bride. I know back in the late 1800s, in upper-class society, this was quite common.
How come for Diana and Charles they called it a wedding breakfast it happened right after the ceremony. Actually all the British royal weddings I've read about except Peter and Autumn seemed to contain a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony at BP usually.

Is there a special reason why Prince Albert wore a white jacket instead of black as most of the other royal men did?

How come for Diana and Charles they called it a wedding breakfast it happened right after the ceremony. Actually all the British royal weddings I've read about except Peter and Autumn seemed to contain a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony at BP usually.

The Brits may have a different way of describing things. It's always been my experience that a wedding breakfast takes place early in the day, either the day of or the day after, and the reception takes place the afternoon or evening of the wedding.

The Brits may have a different way of describing things. It's always been my experience that a wedding breakfast takes place early in the day, either the day of or the day after, and the reception takes place the afternoon or evening of the wedding.
Ya most likely I'm guessing it's their way of saying "reception" :flowers:

Or hung over..:lol:
Yeah they may still be making the weekend one to remember. I wonder what they are doing this Sunday. More of the good stuff. I bet. Those rich people can do about anything. What would you do? More fun for me is what I'd do. hehehe But maybe it was enough rah!! rah!! rah!! Who knows? Good luck to them anyway. Congratulations Victoria and Daniel. :lol:

Can someone tell me please what Lando char is on the menu for the second course?

^Tell me about it! I'm wondering the same except for all the dishes haha. I never can understand these royal dishes they sound so weird. I've still never heard of supreme de volaille Princesse de Galles except for at Diana's wedding That one was chicken breast stuffed with lamb mousse. I've never even heard of lamb mousse let alone what it looks like. I'm guessing they're dishes are ones you don't normally see on a menu...right?

Uploading the wedding right now for you guys. It says it'll be done in 4 hours.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me please what Lando char is on the menu for the second course?

[artic] char is a type of fish found in the north seas. It's well known here in Canada. I am not sure which recipe is "lando char".

Anyone?

Oh, I'm so in love with Victoria and Daniel. The wedding, despite the pomp, was at the same time unpretentious in my humble opinion, just because the couple seem so down-to-earth. The newlyweds looked like they were having fun from beginning to end, like all other commoner couples do. When they were eating the cake it was so cute. Well, everything was so sweet and cute and perfect that I don't know where to begin.

I have a question: what was the name of the beautiful song that was performed for the bride and groom after the ceremony? Was it written especially for the wedding or does it belong to a musical? There are so many posts here that it's been pretty hard for me to find any information. Could anyone please help? I'd appreciate it greatly. I am getting married in September and perhaps I will have it performed at my own wedding as a surprise to my groom (who is Danish by the way). Or maybe have it written on a card (we're going to exchange gifts on the wedding night). I will include the proper credits (whoever wrote it) of course.

Thank you!

The song was "When You Tell The World You're Mine" sung by Björn Skifs & Agnes Carlsson. Not sure who actually wrote it.

I have just listened to Daniel's speech in full with subtitles and am totally in love with it. He has done it wonderfully. His first speech as a Swedish prince and he was great.

Does anyone know when Victoria did the trip to China he is referring in his speech. What a romantic gesture from her to write him letters for every single day they were supposed to be seperated from each other. I was in tears when he said this. I think Prince Daniel will be a wonderful husband to his wife and a wonderful Prince to his country. The Swedes can be very proud of their crown princess couple.

I remember reading a book about Kennedy weddings. The Wedding of Robert Kennedy Sr and Ethel Kennedy had a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony. They served breakfast foods I believe. Usually it's simply called wedding reception and it happens in the evening. Or maybe that's just been my experience :p

The song was "When You Tell The World You're Mine" sung by Björn Skifs & Agnes Carlsson. Not sure who actually wrote it.

Thank you! :)

I actually found some info on it. It was written especially for the wedding:

"When You Tell The World You're Mine" is a po song recorded by Swedish singers Agnes and Björn Skifs. The song was performed at the Wedding of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, and Daniel Westling on June 19, 2010. It is also the official wedding song, written especially for this occasion and as a gift to the bridal couple. Before the ceremony, the title and everything concerning the song was a secret, and it was not until the actual performance that this information was revealed.

Source: When You Tell The World You're Mine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Any information on the supposed luncheon today?

My respect for Princess Madeleine. She was very graceful, beautiful and a perfect little sister. Despite all the rumours surrounding her, she did very well.

Can you tell us why CW was better dressed than the other royals. Granted she did look nice but hardly was she outstanding. Her chiffon gown in beige did not match what appeared to be diamond earrings-they were too heavy for the church; I think the gown needed sleeves.
The wedding gown of Victoria was beautiful in design as i have stated before but the execution was not couture level as it should have been due to the visibility of the hem inside the train.. and a few other things I noticed, Instead of being so ecstatic to marry perhaps Victoria could have paid attention to her train and bouquet...Victoria knows the perception of the big picture but others will have to look at the details for her. Otherwise she was an outstanding and exceptional bride.
Does anybody know what the flowers in the bouquet were?Did they signify anything for Sweden?What kind of flowers were they?. would someone pls calrify .. thanks in advance.

Actually, there was no hem showing inside the train, that was the border of the train. There were also loops sewn to the sides of the end of the train for the courtiers to hold onto, rather than perhaps soil the topside of the train when assisting the Crown Princess. The silk duchess satin I am sure was underlined in silk organza and china silk, and due to the way the train moved and looked very lightweight, I am sure it was contructed in a way that would be easy for her young attendants to lift and to put into the carriages, barge, and limo. I thought the gown was a masterpiece of simplistic elegance and executed impeccably. As a designer myself and having created trains of approximately the same length for my clients, I could see nothing that would betray a gown fitting a future Queen of Sweden. :flowers:

I remember reading a book about Kennedy weddings. The Wedding of Robert Kennedy Sr and Ethel Kennedy had a wedding breakfast right after the ceremony. They served breakfast foods I believe. Usually it's simply called wedding reception and it happens in the evening. Or maybe that's just been my experience :p
I thought it might be that too but when I read the menu seemed more like a dinner they had for example chicken breast stuffed with lamb mousse and brill in lobster sauce.

There was a time, not so long ago, when most weddings took place in the morning and hence, the reception afterward was known as a "wedding breakfast"......

Back
Top Bottom