Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling: June 19, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Madeleine looked beautiful but that shade of blue can give off a "cheap" effect. She looked nice but I was expecting more.

I saw some orders and decorations on Daniel's attire. He didn't had them on in the church. When did this happen?

Those are the sash and star of the Order of the Seraphim, Sweden's highest order. Daniel put them on just before he and Victoria left the church (it happened between the time they left the main part of the church and appeared in the exit doorway)

CPs Letizia and Mary looked stunning from head to toe. The dress, the color and cut, and their hair stunning!
CP Mette Marit had a beautiful hairstyle and the blue color of her dress were breathtaking, but wasn't crazy about the style of dress.
Charlene, for once, looked so elegant and right at home in her place as hopefully the future Princess of Monaco.
Queen Rania was a vision. Her dress set off her features and I was afraid her beauty and elegance were going to steal the show!!
Princess Madeleine was very pretty and she looked very happy for her sister!
But CP Victoria, oh my goodness. I dont think I have ever seen a bride glow like that! She is so beautiful and so regal! Her happiness was written all over here. And when she wiped a tear from Daniel's eye, I started to cry. Very loving couple! I am so happy for them!

Quick thoughts.

The Dutch Princess (particularly Laurentien and Mabel) have a quirky fashion sense. Sometimes I just dont' get Laurentien's (today it wasn't too bad). When Mabel gets it (very rarely its great) today was not one of those days. As previously mentioned, a wedding is not a time to stand out with something different. Its the brides day

We need to get over the Charlene thing. So she is not Albert's fiancee. And I agree that she should have not sat with the Kings and Queen as well as Princesses. But hey...she didn't pick her seat...thats the one that was given to her.

Madeline....I agree with the posters that said Madeline would behave and she did. It wasn't about her and she knew it. I am actually thinking her being away and coming when the festivities were hitting their stride so she could be here and it not be about her was a good thing. If she had been here in teh weeks up to the wedding, it would be those Madeline cries at night stories as Victoria prepares to wed..
I also knew that when it was time for the wedding, she would fade to the background because guess what...it was Victoria's day!

How proud did Queen and the King look today? Not losing a daughter but gaining a son. And it was nice of CP to support Daniel.

Victoria and Daniel...what can I say...they looked fabulous and very loving. The dress was simple elegance and that suits Victoria. 20, 40, 60 years from now people will look at her dress and you wont' know when she got married. Its timeless. And they appear to be a very loving couple, I am extremely happy for them.

Amazing day. The couple are so beautiful, so much love there between them.

Crown Princess Victoria is splendid.

Everyone looked wonderful, except Mabel, imo, I didn't get what that outfit was.

:flowers: Princess Madeleine so pretty in the blue. I liked Queen Rania's blue-color dress, but cut was just okay. I kind of liked Rania's loose-up-do hair.

Must say Charlene looked wonderful. (Could be next?)

:flowers:

The dissapointing thing with Rania is that she puts in more effort with her appearance when attending come celebrity event in the States. Yet when representing her country, it's a dismal effort to look every inch the Queen that she should be. Especially when on display on such an international scale.
I agree. She's wearing a beauty pageant dress, why?

Mabel's outfit explained. She ripped her the rest of her skirt as she was changing. With no seamstress around she had to put on the pair of pants she wore on the plane to Sweden. LOL Johan Friso, does not look amused.

Maybe this is exactly what Mabel wanted....attention.

I'm curious about what are the guests doing now :lol: Sorry for this stupid comment, but I always think while the happy couple is "sight-seeing", what do the other guests do?!

Looks like the sun has come out.

Speaking of Mabel, it's one thing to wear "funky" outfits. It's quite another to always show up at weddings trying to distract from the festivities and make a statement. She wore Queen Beatrix's engagement announcement dress to another wedding to, rumor has it, protest the smaller clothing allowance she is allowed compared CP Maxima. It's like she's always intentionally trying to attract attention away from the couple. Did she really think the pants/tutu was going to go unnoticed?

They look so happy.
I love the way the dress fits her curves perfectly.

And they're off! What a beautiful boat

My God - Victoria's dress is stunning! The more I look at it the more I love it. Often, brides wear such elaborate gowns that it can look like the dresses are wearing them, but in this case, it's a perfect marriage (pun intended).

She wears a tall tiara well. I think she looks gorgeous.

a picture perfect ocassion on the vasaorden! what a lovely picture it was of them in the deck.

Victoria's working it , ...from Car to Chapel to Carriage, to Royal ship, all in Tiara and wedding dress. :flowers: Amazing.
I love it.

P.S. Was that Tivoli behind them on the boat?

Okay not to be funny...and I certainly didn't readh the official wedding stuff...but

WHERE ARE THEY GOING IN THE BOAT?

and I have to ask the question...where are teh rest of the guests?

The royal barge is beautiful. The officer manning the rudder gave Victoria a beautiful little bouquet of flowers.

Victoria and Daniel must have a lot of stamina. I would have had to sit down and rest my legs by now. Ahhh youth!!!:lol:

sunshine, beautiful barge and a gorgeous couple!! what a beautiful picture

Now that I've seen the entire thing, I wish the sleeves were either longer (like to the elbows) or non-existent. I don't like how they're just peeking out. Love that neckline though. Great frame for her face. I also think the tiara would look better worn farther back on her head. And of course more jewels! Very elegant bride, but, save for the tiara, it doesn't scream crown princess or royal gown for me.
Longer sleeves would impede her waving and no sleeves would give us all a view of her armpit every time she waved!:ohmy:

Her dress is a masterpiece of sheer elegance and the neckline a perfect foil for her colouring, tiara and veil. I am now in the process of eating my hat because I didn't think anyone could look good in the Cameo. She looks wonderful and so I must munch!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they're going to the Palace. Stockholm is an island or almost an island, iirc.

The guests are on their way to the palace I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom